You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-05-15 12:19:16

Enimusha
Officer

Frost test build

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfV0VhZG … ost:TakMVm

I would really love to get Frost working as a main build but at the moment it seems abit impossible. This spec is DW Frost, copied from Nescio, UD DK. Just swiched the 2h talents to DW. Going to try it today and i'm expecting to get atleast 3k on a boss dummy.

Couple of things i'm unsure though. Should i go with Blood presence of Unholy presence? Unholy would give more RP and more time to spam FS. Another thing is a glyph issue,  Glyph of Obliterate or Glyph of Icy touch.

#2 2009-05-15 12:50:41

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Re: Frost test build

My previous tests with Frost gave me pretty equal results with Blood or Unholy presence. But some theorycrafting I saw earlier suggested that Unholy could be sligthly better(and more fun ;P)

About the glyphs... I'm not sure, IT for unholy presence and oblit for blood perhaps, not sure hmm

I'm very much looking forward to see your conclusion on this build. Frost is the most fun tree, it just seems abit gimped atm,  but perhaps it isnt, perhaps its just different.

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#3 2009-05-18 01:10:03

Enimusha
Officer

Modified my Frost DW build back to Nescios 2 hander spec : 20/51/0

With some decent testing, this build really seems very viable for raiding purposes. Topping the meters in Ulduar 25 today (WWS inc later, recount cant be trusted) and getting up to 3500 dps on a dummy.

This spec is a hard hitter, crits can go up to 13k unbuffed. So if you like big numbers, this is something you should try out. I'm loving it atleast. 44k Frost Strike crit at Thorim (with those weird buffs ofcourse)!

Rotation: HB, OB, BS, BS, OB, OB, OB - FS rune dump when needed and use Rime procs instantly. I'm going with only Frost Fever so no need to refresh diseases other than using HB when they are about to run out. Rime procs usually handle the disease refreshing though. DPS seems to be better in Blood Presence.

#4 2009-05-18 11:06:33

Enimusha
Officer

Eh lol.

I totally forgot about our Runeforging! I had Fallen Crusader on all the time and after its nerf, its no good for frost. So i went and did some testing with Razorice and guess what? DPS increased by 150! Then i went and tested Cinderglacier and guess what? DPS increased by 250, up to 3750 on a boss dummy!

With Cinderglacier i got sick bursts with Frost Strike, up to 14000 unbuffed on a boss dummy. This is something that really needs more testing in raid enviroments. I guess Razorice is better in longer fights, 10% more Frost damage, but Cinderglacier makes it up in short fights where you cant build up 5 stacks of Razorice. Razorice also gives +2% Frost damage to autoattacks, which is nice. Anyway, going to try this out in tomorrows raid with Razorice and see the results. Thursday i'll give Cinderglacier a shot and see the results.

Board footer