You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-05-20 00:52:33

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Question - Haste

So read some posts on the EJ DK forums, and they keep talking about how haste makes rotations go faster.
I was under the impression that haste only made your auto-swings go faster, not GCD or rune's.

So, my question is simply, what does haste do for DK's ? And why is it better for DW than 2hand builds ?

Thanks ;P

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#2 2009-05-20 13:39:53

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

Re: Question - Haste

Help ! wink

#3 2009-05-20 14:01:43

Mox
Officer

At least for casters, haste will reduce the global cooldown with a cap at 1 second.

Retired Priest master.

#4 2009-05-20 15:05:30

Lamme
Guildmaster

Which it won't for hunters! (sorry, I just had to big_smile )

Since you now need to bare with us invading DKDK forum, I might as well try to post something useful:

Haste: The problem with haste for Death Knights is that pretty much all of our attacks are instant outside of weapon swings, meaning haste has very little to actually speed up. Even speeding up our global cooldown is a bit iffy. Since haste doesn't actually speed up the cooldown of our runes, we may not even have anything to cast with that extra time. Tri-spec Dual wielders, who rely on fast swings for more procs from Killing Machine and more damage from Necrosis, may end up getting some use out of haste, but most Death Knights should probably avoid it in favor of other stats.

While Haste is never a particularly desirable stat for Death Knights, we must remember how it effects their GCD. Because of dense rotations additional haste rating can reduce the strain on a player and allow for a larger margin of error. However, stacking too much of it is also not recommended, due to its low value.

So that makes sense - lower gcd on auto attacks - more auto attacks - more procs - more time/opportunity to use on-proc stuff - slightly more dps.
Or, from less theoretical perspective - stand in the spotlight on Hodir and check out how much of a buff it is (or simply check it out with heroism).

Last edited by Lamme (2009-05-20 15:23:40)

#5 2009-05-20 18:36:11

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

So we do get lower gcd from it ? I need that tbh

#6 2009-05-20 18:50:30

Lamme
Guildmaster

as I read it - lower gcd on auto attacks, yes. Not on specials. (as in - example - with 0 haste you auto attack [swing] every 1 sec with, with 10% haste you attack [swing] every 0,9 sec).
Don't quote me on that - I'm just copy-pasting and trying my best to understand it.

Should be testable with accurate time stamps, but those aren't that easy to get.

Last edited by Lamme (2009-05-20 18:51:17)

Board footer