The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-06-09 14:58:58

Lamme
Guildmaster

Something interesting going on

I would take it with huge grain of salt but the outcome of the configuration in post no. 587 is extremely interesting (not even arcane shot in rotation).

#2 2009-06-30 12:28:57

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Something interesting going on

I've tested the ArmPen method now. Went up to 660 with elixir and food buff (could have gone to around 740, but at a cost of almost 2% crit). That's without Mjolnir's trinket, which is a rather important part of the deal (could have used Grim Toll, but I would be way, way above hit cap and lacked crit even more).
Overall, the results were very similar to the usual agi way (went ArmPen way on our first XT hard mode kill). Harder hitting physical shots, but no arcane. All in all, for me it's ok, but I'm going back to agi. Mostly due to mobility. ArmPen way equals 4 seady shots fired in a row to keep the optimal rotation. It's doable with some planning ahead, but I prefer being as mobile as possible.
Granted I would get Mjolnir, on the paper ArmPen way would give me 130 ish more dps at a 7.2k ish level. That's nice, but I believe it nets out with the decreased mobility. Also, on-use trinkets (Wrathstone) have an advatange over on-proc (Mjolnir), which really become important at fights like, for example, XT. Also, using elixirs and specific food buff is costly in the long run (comparing to flask and feast).

This might again become interesting when next patch is out. No ArmPen mechanics change announced so far, a fair bit of it on gear and epic gems on top of it.

Board footer