The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-08-12 04:01:05

Verdisha
Uncertified member

Verdisha - 80 Warlock

Since you guys like long applications, I’ve taken the freedom to throw in my own application template for posting.
It covers the basics you asked for, aswell as what I feel an application should cover, ex. some stuff about the applicant’s
personality, attitude etc. I took this template which I developed for my one of my old guilds. I read that you guys love text,
so here ya go! 

- Personal Information

Name: Lasse

When did you start playing WoW: I’ve played since WoW Beta realease, with some breaks here and there over the years.

How much time do you play daily/weekly: 2-6 hours daily, depends if there’s a raid scheduled. On a weekly basis I’d say around 30 hours, perhaps more.

Tell us something about life besides WoW: I’m currently working at a petrol station, while looking for a little more challenging work.
Having enjoyed the holidays my bank probably thinks it would be good if i started to give them money, instead of just withdrawing
over and over again. I enjoy socializing with friends, meet new people and I’m generally open to new adventures, this goes for both
in-game and out of game. Apart from that, I listen to music a lot.

- Character Information

Character name: Verdisha

Class: I play a Warlock, since I enjoy the uniqueness of the class, especially the demonic  aspect, using pets etc. But since im also
into some theorycrafting, i use alot of time considering gear and which part suits me best.

Race: Human

Time Played (Character/Overall): around 139 days on my warlock, around 300 days counting all characters.

Alts: I've got a 80 Disc/holy priest and a 80 Resto druid. I've played druid most of TBC, and also some in WotLK. It's from when i
played druid i got into the whole theorycrafting aspect, and i consider myself a decent healer in that area aswell, though i decided
to roll back to my lock, since i got bored of my druid, generally due to my guild back then fell apart.

Post your armory link below: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet … n=Verdisha
Post a screenshot of your UI: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5420/w … 222224.jpg
This is my interface from my druid, though my UI's are prette much the same on all my chars. Ofcourse Omen,
Recount and other raid tools will open in raid

Tell us something about your professions: 400ish Enchanting for the ring enchants, since i also PvP some, the ring enchants bring
good flexibility in spell power vs. Stamina. 450 Herbalism, generally for the Money, but can be usefull in both PvP and some PvE
encounters, example if healers get stunned, on an predictable stun, and im low on HP.

- Talent Specialization
How are you specced: (0/13/58)

Why did you choose that spec: Destro seems to be the best DPS specc at the moment, especially with the Tier 9 bonuses, and
the new Empowered Imp buff.
At the moment in Improved soul leech specced in the Destro tree, since i've hit the hit cap, and Suppression is therefore waste
of talents due to excessive hit rating. ISL gives me more uptime with mana, reducing the amounts of GCD's on lifetap.

- Raiding

Tell us about your previous raiding experience (vanilla, TBC & WotLK):
Pre-TBC: MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20/40, Naxxramas
TBC: Kara, Gruul, Maggy, SSC, TK, MH up to last boss, BT (First 6 bosses)
WotlK: Naxx 10/25, OS 10/25, VoA 10/25, Malygos 10/25. Ulduar 10/25 up to Yogg on both, know tacs, but never got the kill.
Downed first boss enounter in both ToC 10 and 25.

Can you attend raids between 19-23 game time, 3 times per week (Our raid days): Yes, and also if 10 mans are scheduled.

Any days of the week you can't raid: Not as it's looking right now. Perhaps some parties friday and saturday, but since i tend
to also like the social life outside wow, these will be priortized for that.

What is your role in raiding, and why should we choose/bring you: I see myself as a dedicated raider. I feel after several
years of gaming, I’ve come to a point where I have a good overview of what’s going on. Apart from DPS, I’ve done a lot
of healing, healing assignments, and raid leading. since I know a decent bit about other healing classes as well. If your raids
are serious and progress orientated, I will be the same, since I generally feel it’s a two part thing, where each of us do our
part for the other.

In a few words, what is important in a good raid: Focus, motivation, persistency, a good and organized leadership, as well as
skilled and dedicated members that bring/do their best, and are willing to learn and improve.

- Character history:

Which previous guilds did you play in: Nightsong, but the guild didn'tt really have the overall skill level that i seek in a guild,
and people (mostly core raiders) started to leave, due to the same reason, so i decided the guild wasn't the guild i wanted to
spend my effort in.

- Guild and Affiliates

Anyone in The Enigma Order who will vote for you: Sukkerchok is a mate of mine, who told me to apply. Done instances with
some of you guys, aswell as a Naxx 25 man raid this week (PUG).

What do you consider your strengths/Weaknesses as a gamer: I’ve been through hell and what’s worse in terms of raids.
I’m patient and focused. Wiping and spending endless consumables is not an issue for me, especially if It’s for progress.
I know a lot about the game in general, as well as class mechanics. My biggest weakness might be that if people aren’t
focused and dedicated, i will lose my focus and motivation pretty fast.

Tell us why want to join The Enigma Order: I’m looking for a dedicated guild that really knows what raids are about, that
got stable members, which know how to fulfill their task. My impression is that you guys are.

How will you contribute to make The Enigma Order a better guild: Showing up focused and committed to raids. Being flexible
and willing to learn from you, as well as share any knowledge I might have. Help in dungeons, quests etc.

What do you expect of The Enigma Order: I’ve come to a point now, where my standards of what I expect from a guild,
if I’m to put my effort into it, have increased a lot. I’ve put up with too many failed raids due to unskilled,
unfocused and in general bad players, as well as inefficient leaderships. As I’ve stated earlier, I’m willing to do my part,
if I feel you guys do as well. Some might think it’s arrogant of me, but I myself consider it equal share of both load and
return of investment.

- Other
Which addons do you use in raids: Recount, Omen, Ora2, Healbot (for druid), DBM and some few more minor ones.
Do you have Ventrilo, and know how to use it: Yes
Do you have a microphone: Yes
   - If you answered yes, are you willing to talk: Yes
How good is your connection, will you disconnect in 10man or any 25man: I very rarely get a disconnect, and I’m usually around 80ms.

Hope i covered it all, otherwise feel free to ask for more info smile

#2 2009-08-12 04:11:50

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Re: Verdisha - 80 Warlock

Very good application, probably one of the most complete ones I've seen.
Our Lock CL will get back to you with an answer soon™.
Good luck smile

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#3 2009-08-12 07:48:42

Bols
Guild Friend

Impressive application! I would like to have a little chat with you ingame later today if you are online, just to see gear(currently pvpgear on armory) and some quick questions.

"OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

#4 2009-08-12 18:02:44

Bols
Guild Friend

Accepted as testplayer.

"OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

#5 2009-08-12 22:39:12

Zenghu
Guild Friend

Where's this "New Paradigm" era? sad

Last edited by Zenghu (2009-08-12 22:50:31)

My everchanging WIP portfolio for school shi...stuff: http://home.tamk.fi/~c1hkorke/portfolio/index.html

It's buggy for reasons I cba to check them, also it's outdated.

Board footer