#1 2009-08-15 19:02:40

Salaria
Guild Member

Salaria - Dps Feral Druid (Kittie)

Personal Information:

Name: Mark
Sex: Male
Work: Full Time (8-5, 5 days a week)
A little about myself: In new environments i can be a little quiet, though that has rarely lasted for long in any of the guilds that i have been in. I have a pretty dry/sarcastic sense of humour. I think my main fault is that I can find faults in myself but can just ignore other people's. Though in an environment where i am more comfortable (particularly with my friends) i dont have much tolerance for bad/ slack play.

Character Information:

Character Name: Salaria
Race: Night Elf
Class: Druid

Main Spec: Feral (0/55/16) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet … ;n=Salaria
Armory Only shows my stats in caster form so i will post my stats in cat form:
6624 AP
48.75% crit
526 ArP (which is only 90 away from the Grim Toll soft-cap)
0.93 attack speed (not very important but faster white hits means more ooc procs)

Off Spec: Resto (11/0/60)
There's nothing special about my resto gear as I only spec in for heroic's and in pugs with slack healing.
Tree Stats:
1959 Bonus Healing
320 Haste
521 Mana Regen/ 277 Mp5

Willing to respec for the guild's needs: Of course! I would be more than happy to respec to what ever the guild wants me as, though i would be a little reluctant to go Feral tanking as it's not something that im confident at playing.

Professions:
Jewelcrafting 450: I see jewelcrafting as the best profession to have because of the prismatic gems (ArP/ Agi is much better than just AP)
Alchemy 450: I didn't get Alchemy until 3.2 because i wanted to see how the benefits would turn out. As the profession benefits are all now pretty equal (apart from Jc and tailoring) I went with Alch because it meant being able to make my own flasks and have an extra hour duration on them.

Raid Consumables:
I will always bring my own flasks to a raid and i also bring my own buff foods (Usually Hearty Rhino or Blackened Dragonfin).
I'm quite anti Fish Feast, both because i get more benefit out of my own and it's a little lazy for people to rely on there being a Fish Feast.

Played Time:
80 days, 5 hours (16 days, 5 hours at 80)

The history of Salaria:
Gather round children while i tell the tale of the of the great druid Salaria,
Salaria began life during patch 2.3 in TBC on the realm Shattered Halls (had you worried that i was an RPer? =p)
I had a few other chars before Salaria but none of them made it past lvl 40 so this was my first max lvl char.

Shattered Halls was a very bad server to be on (especially for alliance as it was horde dominant) because unless you were in one of the three serious raiding guilds doing Black Temple you were stuck just doing Karazhan.
When i dinged 70 I went resto as i thought it was the only viable raiding spec at the time (loved feral dps but nobody wanted a kittie back then) I spent a lot of time trying to gear up well enough for Kara and it wasnt until 2.4 that i finally got into a raiding guild.
In this raiding guild i made a lot of friends and we all became fed up with the lack of raiding so we decided to move realms to Stormreaver.

A friend who came with us knew the GM and officer's of the guild oldschoolraiders and managed to get us all in, at this time the guild had only just started up and was still in it's recruiting stage.
Joining the guild was a massive leap for me as it meant moving up to 25 man raids (we did Gruul's, Maggy and SSC) but i quickly realised that so many people in the guild were bringing it down and i had had enough of spending nights wiping on bosses that we should one-shot due to stupid mistakes by idiots.

So me and another friend left the guild and joined Up To You (so we basically skipped SSC and TK content). At the time Up To You had  4/5 MH and 5/9 BT. This felt like a great achievement for me as it meant raiding some of the end game content.

WOTLK came out at a bad time for me as my pc had broke and when i replaced it in mid November it was a very busy time for me work-wise so i had no time for wow at all. It wasn't until January that i was able to get back into wow and i had a lot of catching up to do.
The good news about Up To You was that the friend who joined them with me went up in the rankings and became an officer so alot of my friends were now in Up To You also, the bad news was that cartel had reformed and a lot of the core members rejoined them.
I geared up pretty fast and had to quickly learn all of the tactics and because of this i went off wow a little.

About 2 weeks before 3.1 was released me and about 6 others decided to reroll Horde on the realm Karazhan (terrible server, alot like Shattered Halls)
I rolled another Druid but had no intentions of going resto again, by this point i was a regular viewer of forums such as mmo-champion.com and wowhead.com and had heard good things about feral dps, especially in the upcoming 3.1. by the time i dinged 80 3.1 had been released and i loved gearing my druid up the proper way, i.e not being "boosted" through raids, but most of all i loved the complicated "rotation" involved. I found myself topping the dps charts in pretty much every pug raid i did.
By this point i was eager to start raiding Ulduar so i joined a guild with 9/14 progress. I really enjoyed raiding ulduar but became fed up with the slack raiding (people going afk after a wipe) and by this time half my friends came back to alliance so i decided to come back also.

I had 2 friends that were active raiders in Utgard and they got me into the guild and helped me to gear up as a feral dps. I spent a lot of time and gold getting to where i am now gear and skill wise and was ready to get back into raiding but unfortunately by this point Utgard weren't raiding anymore so i ended up doing 10 man runs instead.

That's pretty much everything about my char, sorry for what looks like a mini a novel and i hope it doesn't put any of you off reading it.

Raid Experience:
Vanilla: None
TBC: Kara, ZA, SSC 5/6, MH 4/5, BT 5/9 (These are pre nerf patch as i don't consider downing bosses after that as progress)
WOTLK: Naxx 10/25, OS 103D/25, EOE 10/25, Ulduar 10 7/14 25 9/14 (though on horde)

Availability:
I am usually online from 18:30 ST, the time when i log out varies but it will always be after 23:00.
Therefore i am able to attend every raid, unless something comes up (which rarely does) and in that case i will give you enough notice to not make it a problem.

PC Spec:
My fps in Ulduar rarely drops below 50.
Intel Core2 Duo 1.5 GHz (3 GHz)
3 GB RAM
NVIDEA GeForce 9600 GT

Internet Connection:
2 MB Broadband connection, very stable i rarely lag.

Why do i want to join TEO:
You are a very sucessful guild, i have always remember you because on the night that i migrated to this server i remember the trade spam that you had downed Illidan. You also have good progress in Ulduar with yogg down and also a few hard modes done and i would like to be a part of a guild that is at the top of their game.

What can i offer the guild:
I'm a friendly guy with a very dry sense of humour so i guess a few laughs. In terms of play-wise i'm a good feral who knows how to maximise my dps. I also keep up to date with the latest patches, wether minor, major or just hot fixes so that i dont get left behind when one is released.

What i expect from the guild:
I don't ask for a lot from guilds, just to have raids where we dont spend half of them waiting for afkers. Another thing that i'd like to have is a dps war or a feral tank in every raid so that i dont have to mangle spam (kinda gimps my dps).

Ventrilo:
Yes i use both and have a mic, looking forward to some banter on trash smile

Add ons:
AZ Cast Bar
Bartender4
Bigwigs
ClassTimer
Cooldown Timers 3
Grid
Omen3
Recount
Rogue Focus Classic
Deadly Boss Mods (i use this and bigwigs because one shows things the other doesnt and vice versa)

Final Words:
Ever since i joined this realm i have always thought of TEO as one of the best raiding guilds and it has been one that i have always loved to join.
I hope that you guys can see past the fact that i lack gear in some areas i.e. gloves and legs and also my moderate Ulduar experience and see that potential that i have. I am already giving my Uldaur 25 geared friends a run for their money and i can only get better.
Hope you enjoy reading this app and i would also like to say that i have put a lot of time into writing this.

Thanks, Salaria

Last edited by Salaria (2009-08-15 23:19:56)

#2 2009-08-15 20:03:33

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Salaria - Dps Feral Druid (Kittie)

Been waiting for this one, skilled player, good guy, TEO kind of person.

Our druid people will get back to you shortly.

#3 2009-08-15 21:26:47

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Very much like this app. Although you mentioned JCing which reminded me of the prismatic nerfz :<

Last edited by Beardstorm (2009-08-15 21:27:41)

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#4 2009-08-18 22:02:40

Mojorising
Officer
Website

accepted for trial. Contact a classleader or officer for an invite smile

Board footer