The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-08-20 13:51:40

Illywen
Uncertified member

Illywen, Night Elf, Druid

First off - Hello Enigma Order. I hope you find this application thrilling and exciting to read, with a bit of luck you wont be tearing your eyes out by the end!

Personal Infomation

Name: James
About me:

I've recently returned from a gap year in which I spent 10 months in Canada, a small ski resort town called Banff to be precise. I spent all of the winter there skiing, and most of the summer cycling. Those are my 2 main IRL interests really, during the 2nd week of September I'll actually be cycling John o'Groats to Land's End (the top of Scotland to the bottom of England) in 7 days - some 140 miles a day, for which I'll have raised over £1000 for my chosen charity. My other hobby is, of course, gaming. I'm not exactly a connoisseur of gaming, but I know which games I love, and WoW is the top. I came to WoW through the old and popular route of Runescape, almost 8 years ago. Since then I've accumulated almost 400 days played between my characters, a mind-boggling 300 of those on the 3 tank classes I've played.

Character and Experience Infomation
My mainspec is what you'd call Feral Tank- or to simpler folk, "Bare Durid".

Before I get more in depth on that I need to tell you a little about my WoW history. I started back in Vanilla, about a month after the first launch date. My first character was a hunter, and I was a shockingly bad player. I moved onto a mage about 3 months later, and finally learnt what keybinding was. About a year after I started playing I rerolled a paladin - being the odd-one-out I decided to go prot, way before prot was ever considered even a spec that could fight anything! I tanked that paladin like no man, before taunts, before righteous fury - it was tough to say the least, and normally the most I was allowed to tank were Garr's adds. Only once did I fully get to tank, and that was Onyxia one night. A proud night.
    I played my paladin right through to TBC, continuing to tank (laughing lots and all the new protadins coming out of the hedges). Around the time Zul'aman released I was a little tired of it, so I rerolled to a warrior. Also prot, due to time-constraints I couldnt raid much, certainly not commit to anything. I learnt to become exceptional at PuGing, I used to lead kara and ZA runs every reset. Although I didnt win the rolls, I raidlead PuGs which got several bearmounts.
    Last summer some RL friends of mine made a reroll guild on this fine server, by the name of <Anastasis>. In order of fashion, I rolled the only tank I hadnt played, and found it to be the most fun, and most rewarding.
    So as you can see, my experience with the game, particularly tanking is quite formidable. And if you ever have any questions on that black hole we like to call "Tank Theorycrafting", I'm your man, or bear.
    I spent several months while away in Canada as a resto druid, and have an [epic] (all ilvl 226gear) set for that, though I like to pretend I dont. ;-)

If my bear could wear a car-sticker on its bum, it would say "My other mainspec is a Kitty"

I'm really enjoying trying out dps since the Dual Talents, its amazing what a few talent points here and there can do for feral cats. My kitty gear isnt as good as my tank gear, though as tank gear becomes better old items get regemmed into dps gear so it's improving all the time. I can do 4k dps in raid quite comfortably, I recently raidlead a successful OS10+3D, I was add-kiting but in my combat-time I was doing 5.4k.

Gear
The Armory will almost always show me in tank gear, as you can see - 3/5 Conq., the Ulduar craftable boots (belt coming soon) and pretty much everything else I could get my paws on before entering Ulduar.
Take 13 iLevels off everything and you've pretty much got my DPS gear, I focus most of my time on tank gear. If you would like exact details the best way would be to ask me for my Rawr file or contact me in-game.

WOTLK Experience

EoE-25 Cleared
EoE-10 Cleared
Naxx-25 Cleared with <Anastasis> as Resto
Naxx-25 Cleared while raidleading PuG as Main Tank
Naxx-10 Cleared
OS10 1/2D Cleared, raidleading <Anastasis> as Main Tank
OS25 1/2D Cleared, raidleading <Anastasis> as Main Tank
OS10 3D Cleared, raidleading PuG (nuke tactic) as Feral DPS/Tenebron Kiter.
VoA 10/25 - Cleared, of course ;-)
Ulduar 10 - Iron Council, Kologarn, Auriaya, Ignis, XT-002 Cleared once as Main tank, PuG group.
Ulduar 25 - No experience yet.

Confidentally raided and farmed everything up until Ulduar, mostly as a maintank but also as dps or resto. I'd love to see more of Ulduar, what I've seen so far is awesome.

Professions
I have 450/450 Enchanting and Cooking. Currently working on JC'ing to give myself the biggest stats boost. Fishing will also be maxed within a week or so.

Computer
Funnily enough I just built my own computer 2 days ago. It will run anything you can throw at it, and then run it again and if it's still bored you could probably multi-box a 10-man raid off it. Ok, I boast - but its good:

New AMD Phenom x4 3.4Ghz 965 Processor
ATI 4870 Graphics card
750W Antec Truepower PSU
4gb Dual Channel RAM
1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HD
Max load temp recorded: 50 Degrees.

And I have a solid internet connection.

Play-Times
Bad phrasing really, I should have titled it "Down-Times", I normally sleep between 4am and 11am, go for a cycle for 2-3 hours then play WoW until 4am again :p This will change at university, I'll be around much less late at night and during the day, but raid times wont be affected. There is a chance I wont be able to make some Sunday raids, which is why your slightly casual approach advertised on your mainpage suits me. I'll also be away for a week in the 2nd week of September for my sponsored cycle ride, I'm sure you understand.

What I can bring to The Enigma Order
A witty banter to guild chat, as you can tell, I have a lot to say. I would consider myself an expert on the ins and outs of tanking, I dont know every encounter, but my experience, theorycrafting and general knowledge of tanking mechanics is hard to match! I'm also willing to help out guildies (you know, those runs where you just CANT find that last member at 5 in the morning?!) and I almost see my repair bill as a trophy. I bring enchanting and cooking skills to the guild too, and soon Jewelcrafting. I love the game for what it is, I value experience, good fun, and those raid achievements you'll never forget. I hope I can find all this in your guild, and hope you'll benefit from having me in just the same way. Also, you'll find that I'm reliable as a raider, you can guarantee that if I'm at a raid I'll have repaired, bought my reagents and brought all my consumables.

UI and other applications
I dont currently have Vent installed on this computer yet, but I can install any voice software you need. I run with a heavily modded UI, some of the many addons include:
Atlasloot; Bartender4; Button Facade; Pitbull; Deadly Boss Mods; Chincilla; ThatJustHappened; Omen; OmniCC; Recount.
I'm also trying to get better at movie-editing and plan on doing lots of Frapsing now that I have a computer that can handle it.

If you've got this far and there isnt blood dripping from your eyes, congratulations - my eyes are suffering even if yours arent! I hope you enjoyed the read. All I ask now of you is to give my application some serious thought. You can contact me here or in-game if you wish to try me out in a group somewhere.

The often neglected part of any application is the "Tell Us Your Best Joke", so here goes.

Two Americans were walking through the forest, and they come across a set of tracking in the ground. One of them thought the tracks were that of a wolf, the other thought they were deer tracks. They were still arguing when the train hit them.

Kind Regards,
,~~.,''"'`'.~~.
: {` .- _ -. '} ;
`:   O(_)O   ;'
  ';    ._|_,  ;`
    '`- .\_/,.'` Illywen of the Nightfall

Last edited by Illywen (2009-08-20 14:25:02)

#2 2009-08-20 14:38:33

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Illywen, Night Elf, Druid

Thanks for the application. It has wall of text ish character, we're soakers for these.
Our main bearman will get back to you shortly.

#3 2009-08-20 15:03:19

Illywen
Uncertified member

Thanks Lamme, I'll look forward to hearing from y'all.

#4 2009-08-20 15:51:04

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Accepted for trial smile
Contact a classleader or officer online for an invitation

#5 2009-08-20 16:05:36

Illywen
Uncertified member

Thanks, Ill be in contact.

#6 2009-08-20 17:17:39

Lydo
Guild Member

Nice applications lately smile

#7 2009-08-20 19:23:07

Kaini
Guild Member

Awesome! Played with Illywen back in TBC (when he tanked) and those were some good times. Good to have you onboard. smile

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#8 2009-08-20 23:28:37

Illywen
Uncertified member

Oh my! Kaini <3 When are we gonna do another heroic marathon!

#9 2009-08-21 11:50:21

Lamme
Guildmaster

In the flow of all the new druids, I forgot to send you invites to stuff that was already scheduled in GC before you joined.
Among others, we have some 10 man action going on today in the evening (starts at 19.30). Please drop a message here if you're willing to join.

Board footer