#1 2009-10-16 01:36:50

Flumpty1
Guild Member

Flumpty Dwarf Hunter

Charater information
Name: Flumpty, 80
Mainspec: MM
Armoury Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet … ;n=Flumpty
Offspec is SV which is mainly used in Magic buffed fights such as Hodir or longer 10 man fights.
Proffessions: Mining + Engineering (Changing to Jewelcrafting as soon as i get most of the mats)
Changed to JC now (Level 420)
Played time: 68 Days on my hunter and other characters adding up to about 30 days played
Add-ons Basically just have the average addons such as bigwigs,DBM, bartender, omen, recount. OFC I'd be willing to download any addons that are needed for a certain encounter or that people think would help smile

Who am i?
My name is Chris, i live in England. I'm very active and i play/wanting to raid most days big_smile (Of course i will expect to be benched for the much better geared hunters). I know being in a fast progressing guild such as this probably means wipe after wipe getting the fight sorted out and thats exactly what i'm looking for a raid that won't give up after a few wipes. I will be active, friendly and helpful in guild chat. I of course have ventrilo and have a microphone, i will most probably be rather quiet during encounters only speaking if i need to alert the raid to something that is needed.

Guild History
I am currently in Knights Eternal but am applying to thsi guild due to the fact that i believe this guild is more suitable for my playstyle, challenging yourselves to try to progress rather than just farming the same content every week and not getting any farther.
In BC i played on Nagrand PvE in a guild called <Malice> with who i managed to clear 6/9 in BT with but around this time the guild leader got married and gave the leadership to one of his officers, we found after a couple of weeks that it was a lot less organized and disciplined so the guild disbanded. After that i decided i'd quite like a new start, so i came to Stormreaver primarily with the idea of making a paladin my main for Wotlk, but after playing on the paladin i realised i preffered the hunter playstyle and role in raids.

Wotlk Progress
I have been in a friendly slowly progressing guild for most of WOTLK so therefore i have only cleared into mid ulduar and cleared ToC finding it all pretty unchallenging
and unstimulaying, thats why i am looking for a faster progressing guild

What i expect from the guild and what will i give to the guild?
I am hoping for a friendly raiding environment but serious when it matters, that continues progressing well. I will be willing to attend all/most raids that are arranged and when i turn up i will be fully focused and ready to raid and have flasks/bullets/well fed buffs/fully repaired ready for the raid. I am a very dedicated person if i am lacking in a certain field i will of course try to work as hard as i can to improve that

Have spoken to Lamme in game about joining the guild. I hope you all consider me for your guild as an active raider.

If i've left anything out don't hesitate to correct/ask for more details and i'll be willing to fill you in big_smile

On a side note i wouldn't mind helping out on the forums if any is needed.

Last edited by Flumpty1 (2009-10-17 19:21:31)

#2 2009-10-16 07:48:40

Eilwen
Guild Friend

Re: Flumpty Dwarf Hunter

Nice apply. If you can beat Absynthe in staying online during boss fights I'll give my thumbs up. (he is our dc hunter)

#3 2009-10-16 09:54:46

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thanks for the application, I'll probably have an answer for you around Monday.
One question - if you don't want to answer on forums catch me ingame - how old are you?

And about the guild leader getting married and stopping to play - not the way to go, seriously, can say!

#4 2009-10-16 21:06:07

Flumpty1
Guild Member

Thanks for the quick replies big_smile

I'm 17 in November

Any more info wanted i'll provide big_smile

#5 2009-10-17 18:32:06

Ábsynthe
Guild Member

Eilwen wrote:

If you can beat Absynthe in staying online during boss fights I'll give my thumbs up. (he is our dc hunter)

very funny

#6 2009-10-17 18:36:28

Aya
Guild Friend

it was : D

#7 2009-10-18 01:11:19

Zenghu
Guild Friend

Ábsynthe wrote:

Eilwen wrote:

If you can beat Absynthe in staying online during boss fights I'll give my thumbs up. (he is our dc hunter)

very funny

Dude, you should see my anub'arak UI. Srsly.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8742 … 204830.jpg

My everchanging WIP portfolio for school shi...stuff: http://home.tamk.fi/~c1hkorke/portfolio/index.html

It's buggy for reasons I cba to check them, also it's outdated.

#8 2009-10-18 12:35:06

Moranu
Guild Member

Ábsynthe wrote:

Eilwen wrote:

very funny

Poor abby

#9 2009-10-19 11:00:33

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thanks for bearing with me.
I’m sorry to say, but I will need to decline your application. There are 2 mains reasons – currently our guild roster is ok and your gear is significantly below the level of the content we’re focused on. This combined would lead to you being on backup more often than not. I understand this is not your intention and quite honestly I’d feel bad recruiting a player for the bench.
I will get back to you should something change in the near future, good luck in your guild hunt.

#10 2009-10-20 12:28:44

Lamme
Guildmaster

The near future proved to be nearer than anyone could have expected. I did some talking here and there etc etc.

Long story short, accepted for a test period with the following caveats:
(i) better geared hunters will be taken over you for progress raids (currently most of our raids are progressive rathar than farm) in the start
(ii) I pretty much expect you to perfom at 101% of what you current gear allows for and
(iii) DMF Greatness, maxed enchants and gems before the first raid you join.
Basically, TEO hunters are to cool guys, you need to live up to the standards!

As a testplayer you get normal dkp in raids you attend, you can bid on items, but higher ranked people have priority over you. The test period lasts about 2-3 weeks usually.

Board footer