Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!
  • Index
  •  » Priest
  •  » Some interesting numbers from Blood Queen for comparison

#1 2010-02-10 13:24:32

Lamme
Guildmaster

Some interesting numbers from Blood Queen for comparison

Been looking at the combat logs from out attempts versus Exploding Labrats to try and figure out what we could change/improve. I was mostly comparing Nardie with Lamia and Kaini. It seems he was one of the two players who get bitten in the first player-controlled bite, so the damage output cannot be compared. However, the rotation can. And if you have a look - it is very, very surprising.

Kaini, our last attempt where he was full time dps

Lamia, out last attempt

Nardie, EL kill

Lamia:
VT: 22.6% (91.2% uptime)
MF: 20.3%
DP: 19.8% (91.9% uptime)
MB: 31 casts

Kaini:
MF: 31.2%
VT: 20.4% (84.6% uptime)
DP: 17.2% (85.6% uptime)
MB: 35 casts

Nardie:
MF: 41.2%
VT: 18.7% (79.7% uptime)
DP: 16.9% (91.7% uptime)
MB: 26 casts

It would seem that he likes Mind Fly very much and I mean very much. Lamia did about equal damage (20% ish) with Vampiric Touch, Mind Fly and Devouring Plague and had over 90% upkeep on both DoTs. Kaini did about half more damage with Mind Fly than with Vampiric Touch or with Devouring Plague and had upkeep at the level of 85%. Nardie did more 2 times more damage with Mind Fly than with Vampric Touch or Devouring Plague and had 90%+ upkeep on Devouring Plague, but below 80% on VT. I don't think it has anything to do with BQ bite mechanics (every ability should be buffed evenly), so that's something to think about.
Feels like his play goes around keeping DP up always, than somohow adjusting MB and VT casts to MF timing. Doesn't help much, but quite interesting.

Overall impression - keeping DoTs up 24/7 became less important than it previously was for shadow priests.

Last edited by Lamme (2010-02-10 13:38:39)

#2 2010-02-10 14:10:41

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Re: Some interesting numbers from Blood Queen for comparison

It's 16 MB casts, not 26.

Which means he used it only once every ~18 seconds. Which by the looks of it means that MB would never be used if you imagine you didn't had to refresh any dots. I guess he would be spamming MF all day in that scenario. I guess the priority is DP>VT>MF>MB.

I assume MB is only used when you can't fit in a new MF until you need to refresh DP, for example 1,5 sec before it runs out. The timing is never completely right so I guess that's why he doesnt have full uptime on VT and uses MF much more.

Last edited by Fairmont (2010-02-10 14:20:52)

#3 2010-02-10 14:13:53

Insured
Guild Member

I don't think a priest being in EL means he's automatically always playing technically perfect though =P Theoretically it'd be perfect to always refresh each dot the second it ends, mind blast exactly on every CD, and adjust your haste to the rotation so you don't clip any mind flay ticks off, and well... I don't think it would amount to over 40% mind flay... ever? Unless you have like 2000 haste probably!

#4 2010-02-10 14:52:27

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mndxmysv … amp;e=5222
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ew2h0t21 … mp;e=15688
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qtk3k … amp;e=2148
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4zwrhijm … amp;e=5991

I think those logs speak for themselves. The 4 highest DPS SP logs on BQL. I know they probably got the vampire buff on the 1st bite (and it's 10-man) but that doesn't matter, just look at the spell usage and uptimes (especially all have easily over 40% dmg done by MF only and low amount of MB casts). Log number 4 did not even use Mind Blast tongue

Last edited by Fairmont (2010-02-10 14:52:53)

#5 2010-02-10 16:20:44

Insured
Guild Member

So mind blast isn't worth clipping mind flays for, but they still keep the dots up the best they can. The difference with VT & dev plague might be because dev plague refreshing is way more simple since it's instant, while VT takes that 1.5sec cast minus haste of course. Seems they do squeeze a lot more mind flays in though. I guess mind blast doesn't scale that wonderfully then?

EDIT: Further research shows it's the t10 4-piece bonus that might make another mind flay a better idea than mind blasting altogether :P

Last edited by Insured (2010-02-10 16:26:04)

#6 2010-02-10 17:43:01

Lamme
Guildmaster

The observation about tier bonus is very good.

I meant it sort of other way round that you made it sound btw Insurer - in this case an EL priest seem to be playing "against" the commonly accepted routine (at least due to my knowledge) and gets quite good results. That's what makes it interesting for me.

edit: Fairmont, are you sure it's 16 MB casts, not 26? I was living under the impression that WoL did not include crits in hits (so effectively crits and hits need to be summed up to get the actual amount of all hits)

Last edited by Lamme (2010-02-10 17:58:52)

#7 2010-02-10 18:16:11

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Lamme wrote:

edit: Fairmont, are you sure it's 16 MB casts, not 26? I was living under the impression that WoL did not include crits in hits (so effectively crits and hits need to be summed up to get the actual amount of all hits)

No, you're right. It always confuses me again. Should show total amount aswell tbh, or I just need to look better wink

#8 2010-02-10 18:23:54

Insured
Guild Member

Lamme wrote:

I meant it sort of other way round that you made it sound btw Insurer - in this case an EL priest seem to be playing "against" the commonly accepted routine (at least due to my knowledge) and gets quite good results. That's what makes it interesting for me.

Or he was playing sloppy but it was enough =P

#9 2010-03-24 17:54:01

Kaini
Guild Member

The few times I've been DPS I've skipped MB entirely on Heroism. My DPs is still pretty poor due to DoT refreshing and gear, but I'm going for the 4set bonus just for the sake of it as soon as I have the emblems or get lucky in VoA.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

• Index
  •  » Priest
  •  » Some interesting numbers from Blood Queen for comparison

Board footer