The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2009-06-18 10:15:43

Lamme
Guildmaster

Helplol

Could you advise me some decent guide for tanking basics? Stuff that would list numbers - what is what, how do the numbers work, what are the defensive abilities caps; rotation for max threat/survivability (granted there are any differences); pro tips, macros - basically the things you guys find useful. Also, information on what NOT to do (why is devastate crap?)

Been looking at EJs a bit, but while the dps analysis are very solid, I don't seem to find a comprehensive tanking guide.

Or just write the basics yourself if you feel like it.

#2 2009-06-18 12:52:51

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Re: Helplol

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#3 2010-03-01 14:44:51

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Gonna ninja this thread for a little question!

Got a lvl 51 warrior atm and I soon need to make the choise to either take or leave Sudden Death. So my question is if it that talent is any useful at all for pvp and leveling/low-lvl instances at my current level. It seems to me that the rage is better used for Slam spammage (when MS and OP are not up) or am I totally wrong here? Because the rage dump is pretty huge by the looks of it... And because Improved Execute is in the Fury tree I won't have access to it yet at all.

As you can see in the talent build below you can see that I need 2 more tp's for Wrecking Crew. So I will not be able to max Sudden Death anyway with 2 point so it's either 2/3 Sudden Death or otherwise I will just finish 3/3 Improved MS and 3/3 Deep Wounds instead.

Edit: As for my current rotation it goes something like this: Charge -> Rend -> MS -> Slam -> OP (proc) -> Slam -> MS -> Slam -> OP -> etc.
Does this look okay? I'm not really using Heroic Strike at all because I find the additional rage to be usefull for spamming Slam instead when MS and OP are not available.

Glyps are MS and Sweeping Strikes.

Suggestions and advise are much appreciated smile

Talent build
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LcrcbrIt00bRdrzb:swZM0

Last edited by Fairmont (2010-03-01 15:11:29)

#4 2010-03-01 19:28:09

Ripster
Guild Member

Sudden Death is one of the most important talents for a arms pve warrior end-game. When Sudden Death procs it is prioritized before any other ability. I don't know how it is to level with, because I simply cannot remember. Do keep in mind that you have a chance to get a execute on every hit regardless of you ability you use, and you will never be completely rage starved by using it either because you will always keep 10 rage after using it.

For arms there is a lot of buttons to spam, and it's more of a prioritization rather than a rotation. In a boss fight it should be like this Rend > Execute(Sudden Death) > OP > MS > Slam. *Always* let rend tick out. Don't reapply rend if your Sudden Death or Taste for Blood Procs, do it after the execute and OP. That's short and sweet about how it is at 80 anyway. You're lvl 51 and don't really have any rotation, and your perspective changes all the time, but this should give you an idea.

It doesn't matter which of those talents you go for "first", you need them all anyway. Just choose what you feel comfortable with.

And for PvP, Sudden Death is a must no questions asked.

Last edited by Ripster (2010-03-01 19:28:33)

http://www.zetbit.com/ssig-1502893.jpg
http://www.zetbit.com/ssig-1502890.jpg

#5 2010-03-01 22:09:44

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Thanks Ripster smile Just what I needed to know!

#6 2010-03-02 18:40:03

Baqa
Guild Member

Thats not entirely true rippy;) Normal rotation=MS-overpower-slam-Execute. Execute only when above 30 rage. otherwise an imp slam is better.

But as far as the talent goes. It's like picking a priest holy spec without going for guardian spirit. It's not necessary, but sure is a loss;)

#7 2010-03-02 22:53:47

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

I picked up 2/3 Sudden Death now, also thinking about swapping Sweeping Strikes glyph for the glyph of Execution.

Board footer