Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2010-02-16 14:37:46

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

The value of Haste

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t91007-value_haste/

Interesting approaches and def worth reading.

**Also for other healing classes**

Last edited by Fairmont (2010-02-16 14:39:48)

#2 2010-03-24 18:02:39

Kaini
Guild Member

Re: The value of Haste

Tried to max my haste/sp since I noticed my throughput was clearly lacking in last mondays hc sindragosa: one healer tombed, other debuffed and I could not pull my weight there (died on the Magic Buffet whilst trying). One reason was that I was just free'd from a tomb and did not have HoT's allover, the other is that I had to push a lot to keep a tank up and could not afford enough healing on the raid.

Lamme wisely suggested that (1) we SS a restodruid there who can selfress if dying in situation mentioned above, or ress another healer dying in attempt to keep up. (2) One way to go around it might be a disco priest with shields allover hte place. For now, if I get to try that again, I'll try to do better with different stat prio on gear. Keep them up or die trying..

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#3 2010-04-01 14:50:59

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Well Haste is always the best thing for throughput. It's reliable and the HPS increase is always linear for instant spells, spells with a cast time and channeled spells. Only thing that is not linear is the cast time reduction per Haste gained.

Then comes SP, which is also more mana efficient because you use the same amount of mana for more increased throughput. This is contrary to Haste which has zero impact on your mana efficiency.

Crit is completely unimportant and should never be geared/gemmed for, but sometimes it's unavoidable (hi Tier). As healer RNG is just plain bad and sensitive to overhealing aswell. You can't really control it.

I guess mana is not a problem at all so you just end up gemming for SP and Haste to increase throughput to the max, which is all that matters in this expansion where mana is a joke mostly.

Last edited by Fairmont (2010-04-01 14:57:23)

#4 2010-04-03 12:57:54

Kaini
Guild Member

I considering to even gem for pure haste: I now gem with 12sp10haste in red and yellow sockets, I think I'll try 20haste to yellow sockets next and see where that gets me. I'm sitting at almost 4.2k sp in 25man raids as it is, I think that haste might be the way to go.

Last edited by Kaini (2010-04-03 13:00:47)

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

Board footer