The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!
  • Index
  •  » Warrior
  •  » New talents, new stats, new everything. What will you chose!?

#1 2010-10-12 17:56:39

Baqa
Guild Member

New talents, new stats, new everything. What will you chose!?

Yo hey, I thought this would be cool!

Write down what you will try out when the new patch goes live!

I'm going Arms! omg! Because I think it would be super cool to try out, and tbh, the talent tree looks good.
I'm in doubt of what stats to go for though: Haste, Hit? crit str is obvious ofc, and I guess mastery to cap is something we all should aim for,regardless of spec.

My talents: http://wowtal.com/#k=1zF0hjhw.a5o.warrior.RAl5Ip.

cheers.

#2 2010-10-12 19:22:13

Tyler
Leading Team

Re: New talents, new stats, new everything. What will you chose!?

I've been playing around with it for quite some time now, and I haven't really figured out what i'm going for. I need to read some more.
Hit and haste is the only way we can scale our rage income, so getting hit capped as fury is quite important now, since the HS bug is fixed. After that I think haste is the best choice for secondary stat. your prim stat will always be better (str).
Crit is ofc nice, but it doesn't scale the rage anymore.
More rage > higher crit. Or so I think it will work. Looking forward to test it though.

Loosing DW is a pain as fury!! /cry

#3 2010-10-12 19:53:05

Warsaw
Guild Member

lol wut? loosing dw? WTF? bug?

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#4 2010-10-12 20:06:33

Draken
Guild Member

DW is a specialization of the Fury tree now, which means that nonfury warriors won't be able to DW, but fury should still be able to just fine.

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

#5 2010-10-12 20:07:17

Baqa
Guild Member

I read some topics about hit vs haste though, and unless you cap harcap hit, it basically beats haste oh-so-bad.
Haste doesn't really scale anything up except rage income, and minor dmg. Remember that with more haste, you'll se more glancing's too, so pure dps-wise; it looks bad. Crit increases normal hits, but also gets downbeaten by glancing prioritazion, which sucks too. I guess hit farming, expertise farming, and str is the safe way, crit might going above haste, or might not. With DW it probably does, but as fury its just not worth it over incite.

Meh.

#6 2010-10-12 23:29:22

Tyler
Leading Team

By DW i'm refering to deep wounds. It's still in the arms tree, but as lvl 80, you don't have enough point to get it as fury. That's a 12-15% dps loss.

#7 2010-10-13 00:02:55

Murith
Guild Member

Gonna stay prot obviously and still gemming Stamina. There're many cool thing like selfhealing ( ZOMG when boss is below 20 % hp, you have a 50 % chance while using Devastate, to allow you to use Victory Rush that will heal you for 5 % of your hp - add that bonuses from talents, glyph, and 30 % icc buff both your hp and healing, and you have ~5k heal without Last Stand every 3-4 sec )
Also other changes looks pretty good, better AoE control and lovely critical block ( let's say boss hits for 24k, your normal block is 30*24000/100= 7,2k, and crit block 14,4k - which is mostly half of base dmg )

#8 2010-10-13 01:04:05

Baqa
Guild Member

Id say prot looks very promising, Aoe tanking has been our week spot for two expensions now, and if you did it okay at tbc, you basically knew how to play pretty well. In wotlk its just impossible, atleast anything post naxxramas.
It wont be as good as swipes of hell, or flashing lightningfloor, nor tomatejuicefloor, but it is level around equality (if thats a word), which so happens to buff it for our part, nerfing it for the three other respective classes.
Single target TPS should be even higher now, which is cool, seing warriors where the only ones actually able to pull some nice numbers out there. Prot wars dps should also been improved, which we have longed for since tbc too.

Should be sweet, though loads to learn. Good stuff.

#9 2010-10-13 11:43:10

tuppencemki

I feel doomed felt the same at the start of wotlk , no doubt it will take me month to stop thinking of how it use to be

Last edited by tuppencemki (2010-10-13 14:15:07)

#10 2010-10-13 17:53:27

Tyler
Leading Team

http://wowtal.com/#k=mFb7juV.a5o.warrior.Ru7Kbu

This will properly be the specc i'm going to try out in the begining.

I will reforge to get hit HARD capped :S

Then I still gem the follwoing way:
Red = Str
Blue = Str + hit or pure hit
Yellow = Str + haste

why not crit?

Napkin math on haste rating vs crit rating for Fury:

~45 Crit rating gives 1% more crit chance, raid buffed crit chance is ~60%. All damage benefits from crit (although HS is slightly weird with Incite.) Crit also improves Flurry uptime, but that's always been ~99% in the past and I can't see why that would change now, so that effect is negligible, I think. All crits do double damage. 1% additional crit chance is ~0.62% more crit, so should be that much of a DPS gain.

~45 Haste rating gives 1.37% haste, but that's multiplicatively buffed by Windfury, Sanctified Ret., and Flurry. So 1.37% * 110% * 103% * 125% = 1.94% additional haste. Raid buffed haste is about 60%, so 1.94% haste yields 1.2% more melee swings. White swings are ~half of Fury DPS, so there's a 0.6% DPS gain from white swings alone. 1.2% more melee swings also generate 1.2% more rage, using a base rage per second generation of 15 that's 0.18 additional rage per second. Assuming we can always bleed off excess rage, and that HS does about 400 damage per rage raid buffed, 45 haste rating also gives an extra 72 DPS from rage generation alone. 72 DPS is about 0.5% more DPS. And haste rating increases Enrage uptime.

TL;DR: 45 crit rating -> 0.62% more DPS. 45 haste rating -> ~1.1% more DPS + more Enrage uptime

So at first glance haste rating looks vastly better than crit rating.

#11 2010-10-13 22:47:07

Qurrai
Guild Member

Meh I dunno wtf to gem..

4790K @ 4.6
Maximus VI Formula
2x GTX 780 Hydrocopper
Samsung 840 pro 512GB
Lord of AFK

#12 2010-10-14 04:33:20

Baqa
Guild Member

For arms I tried gemming haste, but oddle after reforging everything to haste and gemming haste in all yellow sockets, I had about 800 haste rating, but that only made my attacks go down to a "staggering" 2.8something, from 3 and down to 2.8 I had to gem shittons, reforge shittons, and crit dropped dramatically. I then just found it better to screw forging and gemming haste, and just get str, crit, and hit to 8% cap+exepertise ofc. It just feels alot better, and crit is around 37% now, with raidbuffs it should be somewhere around 45%. I want more, since I got impale talent. Haste just doesnt feel that good for, even though it probably is, but it dosnt feel right, and I trust my stomach on this one.

I forged mastery all the way, seeing a 36% chance on getting an addition swing, which do give rage, feel pretty strong.

Dpswise I pulled 5.6k dps on the dummies, selfbuffed. The dummy was on 5% constantly though, so execute got spammed, with rend up and MS on every CD, due to the buff it wields talented. Execute struck for a max crit of 18k! WTF? unbuffed, but execute doesn't really scale with buffs. MS was up at 9k, and overpower critted for 11k max. Execute was pure rape though, so for arms I'd say execute spam, rend up (nice dmg overtime, since it got buffed)+ MS to get the buff it grants. Arms was really fun to play though, but requires alot of timing+ wrong moves=killing dps.

#13 2010-10-14 09:35:55

Murith
Guild Member

And i'm gonna continue my yesterday's QQ. Blizzard took my armor ! And made Organ and Twilight Scale less or even no use of them ( minus 2k armor . . . ) Who cares i have now 52k hp with only one hp trinket, who cares i heal my self, how cares i have 20 % more dodge in ICC, i just want my armor back ! QQ all the way.

#14 2010-10-14 10:26:42

Tyler
Leading Team

Haste is indeed not the way to go A's arms. I found some really good posts about it yesterday. I will post them later today.
Regarding prot. It simply looks awesome compared to warrs previous state. I think it will get nerfed though, as it might be to powerfull in pvp

#15 2010-10-14 12:45:01

Murith
Guild Member

Ok i need to apology Blizzard about trinkets, tooltip says they have no armor on them but when i switch Corpse togue Coin with either Organ or Twilight Scale, looks like there's still armor on them smile So it's just wrong tooltip

#16 2010-10-14 15:44:18

Windir
Founding Member

I've tested prot some in Heroics, and aoe threat is way lower than before. Possibly a bad rotation, but just for testing I did; rend, TC, dev, (cycle target) devs, tc, shockwave, and still lost all mobs(warrior cleave and lock aoe). Contra TC +shockwave before where every mob stayed on you.

Guess it takes some time to get used to

Outside lies doom

#17 2010-10-14 15:53:41

Baqa
Guild Member

Everymob never stayed on you:P Red,TC,Shockwave, Cleave spam, possibly glyphed, and devestate rollover+revenge hitting two targets,TC, shieldslam,dev roll over, revenge when it pops, etc.
It takes some secs before it kicks in, but it should be pretty powerful after those secs. Aggro needs to be managed anyways now, not like before atleast!big_smile

#18 2010-10-14 15:56:41

Baqa
Guild Member

read this earlier today though, but still thought id update it here, for non raiding warriors who doesn't pay that much attention right now:P

Bluepost:
Rather than try and address multiple threads, I'm just going to plop our current thoughts in this one post. Please excuse the brevity.

1) We think Fury, Arms, Feral cat and Retribution dps is too low and we will be buffing them.

#19 2010-10-14 16:23:24

Warsaw
Guild Member

Imo fury requires buff. Yesterday iv lost 50% of my dps wtf? Prolly will farm prot gear and go tank for lvling in  cata....

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#20 2010-10-14 16:29:37

Qurrai
Guild Member

They're fixing fury warrs and ret palas and such, no need to worry yet warsaw :>

4790K @ 4.6
Maximus VI Formula
2x GTX 780 Hydrocopper
Samsung 840 pro 512GB
Lord of AFK

#21 2010-10-15 00:12:34

Murith
Guild Member

So right after raid, my first thoughts ? AoE tanking is different not sure harder or not, haven't mastered it yet. Single target ? Well on Lady Deathwhisper it was thrilling, on Fester goodie ( Narnias 12k dps \m/ ), and on Rotface and Putri had some bad moments at start of the fight ( miss my old Heroic Strike ) But i think things go easier, and easier to learn " how to "
BTW. 43k crit from Shield Slam on Putri ! big_smile

#22 2010-10-15 00:58:12

Tyler
Leading Team

I did awesome dps tonight!!!

or not... looking forward to see what they can come up with.. what I don't get though, is why they haven't really seen this comming and went ahead and released the patch anyway.. I did 50-60% less dmg than normal. 10% might be from getting used to the new playstyle.

#23 2010-10-15 10:22:12

Unlockplz
Guild Member

just let me know whats best, so I dont have to think-thonk!
though, arms is allways cool right :p
cya

Zonekiller

#24 2010-10-15 12:36:51

Murith
Guild Member

I'm fresh after testing my Arms dps. Still i didn't want to spend tons of goldz to regem so i'm sticking with +Crit, as well it's pvp specc so missing some ( really nice ) dps talents. However i managed to push over 6k on heroic dummy, without any dance stancing for Recklness or sunder armor.
My rotation was : Rend -> MS -> HS -> Overpower -> MS -> HS -> Overpower  and repeat
And it's worth mentioning that i was missing : Incite ( HS crits was 10 k so worth taking it ), Cruelity.
PS. And i think when Execute will be usable dps will increase slightly, cus haven' got any chances to try Execute spam yet.

#25 2010-10-15 21:58:40

Baqa
Guild Member

Slam instead of MS should be better. with imp slam ofc.

• Index
  •  » Warrior
  •  » New talents, new stats, new everything. What will you chose!?

Board footer