The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2010-12-15 13:43:28

Tyler
Leading Team

Heroic dungeon nerfs

Just read a thread on MMO-Champion, at it seems that the instances has already been nerfed. Or at least the trash mob.
Can anyone comfirm this?

Here's the tread:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/812286-Heroic-Nerf

Somehow I kinda like it, and on the other hand it's really sad.
I might be able to focus more on tanking the adds, instead of focusing on my HP and when my CD's are ready again to avoid dieing, (shield wall, last stand, trinkets, disarm, shockwave, concusion blow and fear. Never used those abillities so much as I do now, almost fun sometimes) cause the healers are stressed out.
But then again, it removes the fun of CC and communicating.

#2 2010-12-15 14:09:19

Warsaw
Guild Member

Re: Heroic dungeon nerfs

If its true, i aprove it. Trash clearing is borring. So imo trash should be easy and bosses very hard smile

You may be sad about this, but after clearing each hc few times you'll change your mind.

Hopefully they will not nerf bosses too much.

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#3 2010-12-15 15:09:58

Grimbold
Guild Member

Go do an heroic and see if its true.

If it is, thats 1 step closer to Wotlk.

Lets nerf trash, because you're not gonna meet dangerous trash in raids right?

#4 2010-12-15 16:12:28

ensiferrum
Uncertified member

i do not approve of nerfed heroics.
wow was finally back to its old levels . dont spoil it.
i dont want noobs to have the same stuff as us pros.

#5 2010-12-15 16:44:41

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Didn't seem too hard when people cleared all heroics in one evening.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#6 2010-12-15 17:36:13

ensiferrum
Uncertified member

only once have i done a HC under 1 hour.  most takes 1½-2 hours. at least it did up untill yesterday.

#7 2010-12-15 17:44:20

Insured
Guild Member

ensiferrum wrote:

The game is shit popular and for business reasons they're trying to cater to as large an audience as possible, maybe it's time for people to try to deal with it. Stop thinking what others have or can have, or focusing on e-peen at all and try to play for yourself? What does "us pros" mean?

I'm not saying I fully approve of making the game easier, mind you.

#8 2010-12-15 17:50:58

ensiferrum
Uncertified member

i am fully aware of the buseniss side of things. i dont need to like it.

and look at any other competetive spots/game/whatever, where else do you see a equalising of things like wow?
good players gets better rewards then bad players. it is how it should be.

Edit:
Us pros = those that can.

Last edited by ensiferrum (2010-12-15 17:53:47)

#9 2010-12-15 19:01:01

Grimbold
Guild Member

Insured wrote:

ensiferrum wrote:

The game is shit popular and for business reasons they're trying to cater to as large an audience as possible, maybe it's time for people to try to deal with it. Stop thinking what others have or can have, or focusing on e-peen at all and try to play for yourself? What does "us pros" mean?

I'm not saying I fully approve of making the game easier, mind you.

That was Wotlk. The fact that they had returned to the old model of 5 mans, probably means they were stepping away from the business philosophy(?).

Nerfing heroics so early in the xpac is crap. It as crap as introducing the ICC raid buff early on was.

I dont know how people cant understand this. If you make 5 man content easy, you'll have unprepared players for raids. How does one solve that issue? well its usually by nerfing raids. You cant have unprepared players stepping into somewhat hard normal modes. Thats whats gonna happen if you nerf heroics and leave raids as they are now. Yes i do think that normal raids wont be a walk in the park.

This cater crap is getting annoying. Oh but i just wanna have fun. Facerolling instances it not fun nor do i understand how can anyone enjoy that.

Why should i care about what others think or how do they enjoy the game? Because i play the same game as they do. If the game is shaped in a certain group of players' desire, i'll have to play that game aswell, and i think its safe to say most us  dont wants to play Wotlk again.

Edit: And dont give me the "Its just trash" crap. Trash is a fundamental part of an instance aswell. If we didnt have trash we'd have 5 mans and raids shaped in the way ToC was, and hardly anyone enjoyed ToC. Everything in an instance is a stepping stone. If you dont know how to kill trash packs, or why do you need to CC certain mobs, how can you even hope to survive in a boss fight.

And trash wasnt even that hard to deal with. I did heroic Grim batol some nights ago and it was "easy" (not in the true sense of the word) and smooth, because we delt with the trash perfectly. Just get out the LFD tool.

Last edited by Grimbold (2010-12-15 19:04:04)

#10 2010-12-15 19:16:34

Kwindu
Uncertified member

I dont care, i dont really do heroic or raids for trash.
Just they dont nerf bosses, i dont give a damn tongue

#11 2010-12-15 20:34:27

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Of course it needs to be nerfed, if the WotLK GS kids can't beat heroics then no one can!!!
People (read: spoiled tards) whining about difficulty of heroics when Cata has been out for just over a week now.

And yet there is already QQ, totally unexpected uhu!

#12 2010-12-15 21:43:53

Grimbold
Guild Member

fact is there's yet to be a blue post about this subject.

#13 2010-12-16 00:22:26

Lamme
Guildmaster

I just did some heroics and did not feel any change to the trash.

What makes me facepalm, but also laugh a bit, is to see TEO members whining (not complaining, whining like the proverbial "WotlK kids") after some wipes in heroics. It's one of those things which are "so bad they are almost funny".

#14 2010-12-16 00:37:40

Grimbold
Guild Member

I havent seen anyone in TEO whine about cata hcs.

#15 2010-12-16 05:04:13

Apox
Founding Member
Website

I gotta say, doing Vortex Pinnacle HC and Grim Batol HC tonight, there's a long long time since I've had this much fun doing heroics. VP was perhaps a bit too easy though(except from one pretty challenging encounter), but Grim Batol was just about perfectly tuned for our gear levels, it was shit hard, but far from impossible. I think we had over 20 wipes in total, and had to drop the last boss because people had to sleep, but we learnt alot, and it was crazy fun. Now my only hope is that epics ain't so easy to come by that everone steamroll these HC's in a month or two, AND that Blizzard won't nerf the shit outta these places just because randoms are having a hard time trying to run without CC and tactics at all.

Thanks Blizzard, this game really needed challenging heroics, and it just proves that it can be challenging without Epic rewards at the end, and still be interesting to most people.
(Yeah I love that the HC rewards are blue gear with heroic tag, and not free epics. Epics imo should be reserved for raiding, hardcore pvp and very time consuming profession grinds, it's in the word EPIC afterall)

#16 2010-12-16 16:02:18

Qurrai
Guild Member

it's only interesting because of the achievements imo

4790K @ 4.6
Maximus VI Formula
2x GTX 780 Hydrocopper
Samsung 840 pro 512GB
Lord of AFK

#17 2010-12-16 17:33:27

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Some play for gear, some play for achievements, some play for epeen, and some for fun.... Each to their own smile

#18 2010-12-16 19:56:55

Orcalin
Guild Friend

Apox wrote:

I gotta say, doing Vortex Pinnacle HC and Grim Batol HC tonight, there's a long long time since I've had this much fun doing heroics. VP was perhaps a bit too easy though(except from one pretty challenging encounter), but Grim Batol was just about perfectly tuned for our gear levels, it was shit hard, but far from impossible. I think we had over 20 wipes in total, and had to drop the last boss because people had to sleep, but we learnt alot, and it was crazy fun. Now my only hope is that epics ain't so easy to come by that everone steamroll these HC's in a month or two, AND that Blizzard won't nerf the shit outta these places just because randoms are having a hard time trying to run without CC and tactics at all.

Thanks Blizzard, this game really needed challenging heroics, and it just proves that it can be challenging without Epic rewards at the end, and still be interesting to most people.
(Yeah I love that the HC rewards are blue gear with heroic tag, and not free epics. Epics imo should be reserved for raiding, hardcore pvp and very time consuming profession grinds, it's in the word EPIC afterall)

This!

http://imagegen.last.fm/fickludd/recenttracks/RyanBarton.gif

Not living. Just killing time.

#19 2010-12-20 11:02:41

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

#20 2010-12-21 15:49:31

Qurrai
Guild Member

Having fun in a silly heroic with over 20 wipes? jeez that guy must've had the best day of his life to counter that..

4790K @ 4.6
Maximus VI Formula
2x GTX 780 Hydrocopper
Samsung 840 pro 512GB
Lord of AFK

Board footer