The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2010-09-15 15:08:38

Lamiarenoo
Guild Member

Priests in Cataclysm

It seems that Grip of Life became Leap of Faith.

It drains loads of mana (1/3) so using it for fun during encounters seems less tempting now ^^, what supsised me though is that it requires shadowform Oo

Last edited by Lamiarenoo (2010-09-15 15:11:50)

#2 2010-09-15 17:02:13

Mox
Officer

Re: Priests in Cataclysm

I think the name Grip of Life was created by the community. The spell was always called Leap of Faith.

When it comes to mana cost you must remember that it is based on your base mana. That means the mana you have with no gear. Not sure what that will be at level 85, but the difference in base mana and full mana will probably increase to be higher than it is now. The cost of all spells will probalby be adjusted to the new levels of gear we'll recieve. That means that a new rank of Mind Flay could cost 1/2 of your base mana and you wont notice the difference.

Retired Priest master.

#3 2010-11-24 17:29:57

Lamiarenoo
Guild Member

Hotfixes:

Twisted Faith no longer gives a 4% damage increase to Mind Flay when Shadow Word: Pain is active on a target.

Not funny... sad

#4 2010-11-25 19:45:47

Skeletto
Guild Member

Where did you see that it was only useable in shadowform? Cant find it anywhere:)

Jesus: "I can offer you eternal Salvation."
Disciples: "Can we get Wisdom or Kings instead?"

#5 2010-11-28 19:28:53

Lamiarenoo
Guild Member

Skugge, it was something i read way back in mmo. Since the patch hit - it's kind of obvious that it doesn't require shadow form, as it is holy spell.

#6 2010-11-29 19:26:18

Skeletto
Guild Member

I thought you said it required shadowform:p

Jesus: "I can offer you eternal Salvation."
Disciples: "Can we get Wisdom or Kings instead?"

#7 2010-11-30 13:27:36

Lydo
Guild Member

Skeletto wrote:

She did.. two and half months ago smile

#8 2010-11-30 19:20:45

Lamiarenoo
Guild Member

Lydo wrote:

Skeletto wrote:

She did.. two and half months ago smile

Thank you Lydo smile

@ Skugge - wth have you been drinking darling? And don't tell me you're allowed to do so now tongue

#9 2010-12-01 21:24:30

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

How r Disc/Holy priests nowadays?! Haven't read anything about WoW related stuff in ages now...

I must return soonish!

#10 2010-12-10 13:54:10

Kaini
Guild Member

I like the way things are now. Things are more challenging, and when you actually save the day pulling some stunt with all your cd's (Leap of Faith, oh yes), consumables and some luck, it feels awesome. I think we are getting closer to the "bring the player, not the class" -philosophy.

OOM!

Mana tends to run out, thou I've learned that using Chakra: Serenity, renewing the tank, keeping the renew up with heal and using HW: Serenity and Surge of Light Flash Heals keeps me almost at full mana for indefinetely. Combine this with dps who can click shiny things that heal and know when to use their damage reduction cd's and the proper usage of your own mana cd's and your pretty solid. And it actually is  fun to use the longer casting spells. smile

OOM! II: The Shadow Version

This problem is pretty much solved with archangel and more crit for Sin and Punishment. Really happy with shadow too, the utility spells (Psychic Horror) come very handy on almost every pull. It's also good fun to keep the tank alive on a boss with healer going oom and save the day.

OOM! III: Disco is Dead

No idea about disco spec, would like to hear about it.

Overall I like cata so far a lot. I think I will be spending countless hours in hc's with a nice guild group and lots of wine.

P.S. Oh and why does the blue spirit cloth offset has to look way cooler than tierwhateveritisuglytoiletsforshouderscrapscubadivingsuit?

Last edited by Kaini (2010-12-10 14:04:07)

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#11 2010-12-14 18:13:03

Dancemonkey
Guild Member

Actually, all i have to say is that Disc atm seems to be very hard to do dungeons with, i dont know if it's smth wrong with the regen or smth, but u simply dont regen enough for a simple HC fight. Maybe it will get better with gear, but atm it's not playable. Archangel from disc have had it's manarefund nerfed alot, and i find it wierd that u can regen more mana as a DPS, comparted to a healing spec. One other thing is that crit is severly nerfed, and that was one thing that Disc was relying heavy on, getting divine aegis proccs. But for me atleast i am gonna wait with disc until gear is better too see how it works then. Shadow/holy atm smile

#12 2010-12-15 14:09:52

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Smite Atonement spec is kinda crap with the nerf to the mana return from Archangel (3% to 1% per stack). Also the healing Atonement does is so random you can't rely on it and you need both time and mana to Smite in the first place. Better to skip it atm I guess until it gets fixed because it's a bit trivial atm.

Crit was never that important for Disc (and still isn't compared to other stats). The Crit conversion rate is kinda crappy compared to other stats aswell and its great downside is that it's random. Crit is the stat to reforge.

I think this is the most ideal Disc spec for heroics atm:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbf … qmVRMmzMc]

Can't wait to try.

Last edited by Fairmont (2010-12-15 14:17:15)

#13 2010-12-16 17:29:48

Kaini
Guild Member

Priests

* Blessed Resilience now increases healing received by 15/30%, up from 5/10%.
    * Focused Will now reduces damage taken by 5/10% and 10/20%, up from 4/8% and 6/12%.
    * Healing done by Glyph of Dispel Magic no longer improperly caps out at a certain health pool range.
    * Holy Concentration's mana regeneration component has been increased from 10/20% to 20/40%.
    * Player-controlled vehicles return an Invalid Target error when attempting to use Leap of Faith on them.
    * Rapture's mana regeneration component has been increased from 1.5/2/2.5 to 2/4/6%.

Maybe we now have some chances for raidhealing. smile

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#14 2011-01-26 17:33:28

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

Priests

4.0.6 Priest PTR Patch Notes

•The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
•The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
•The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
•Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.

Talent Specializations

Discipline

•Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
•Strength of Soul now causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus (removed the effect from self casted pw:s).
•The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.
•Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
•Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
•Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time.
•Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.
•Improved Power Word: Shield increases the damage absorbed by your Power Word: Shield by 10/20%. (Up from 5/10%)
•Power Infusion now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.

Holy

•Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
•Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
•Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
•Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
•Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
•Chakra
◦Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
◦Binding Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
◦Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
•Lightwell's health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
•Lightwell now restores [ 1.063% of Spell Power + 9929.445 ] health over 6 sec, down from [ 1.155% of Spell Power + 10792.875 ]
•Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
•Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
•Prayer of Healing base healing reduced by 15%, from 3633 - 3838 to 3087 - 3262.
•Renew now costs 17% of base mana, down from 21% of base mana.
•Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.
•Circle of Healing has an increased ranged from 15 yards to 30 yards (blue post comment).
•Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
•State of Mind no longer increases the duration of Chakra, now reduces the cooldown of your Chakra spell by 3/6 sec.

Shadow

•Shadow Orb Power now increases the damage done by your Shadow Orbs by 11.6%, down from 21.6% (20% live). Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 1.5%, up from 1.3%.
•Mind Sear base damage has been reduced by 30% (since last change). Now deals [ 104 to 113 ], down from [ 146 to 158 ] ([ 91 - 98 ] live).
•Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15% (base damage or overall damage?).
•Vampiric Embrace now lasts until canceled.
•Mind Blast damage has been significantly increased. It should be roughly 50% greater than Mind Spike.
•Mind Blast (base) damage has been increased by 60%. Now deals [ 1617 to 1709 ] damage, up from [ 1028 to 1086 ].

Glyphs

•Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
•Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
•Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
•Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%

All in all mostly nice changes, with some needed nerfs but mostly buffs. I like the buffs to Penance, SoL, PW:S, (now multiple) Grace and new glyph of PoM the most personally.

Last edited by Fairmont (2011-01-26 17:38:08)

#15 2011-02-12 10:20:37

Kaini
Guild Member

#16 2011-02-14 11:34:56

Fairmont
Guild Member
Website

At least PW:S didn't get nerfed (yet).

#17 2011-05-13 12:41:53

Lamiarenoo
Guild Member

Oh my, oh my it's time.... to get 4 tier pieces for the first time! O.o

Priest T12 Shadow 4P Bonus