You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#26 2011-10-25 02:16:36

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Re: Mists of Pandaria

I did buy the 12 month pass, since no matter how bad things turn out, I'll end up playing anyway, even if it means casual and idle in SW.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#27 2011-10-27 20:55:56

Grimbold
Guild Member

Apox wrote:

After a couple of days the idea is kinda growing a bit on me. I mean, if you ignore the pandas, and the new class that this game doesn't need, then everything else looks pretty cool. Awesome landscape, cool music, talent revamps etc.
I've just started thinking of this expansion as a really short one before the next REAL expansion.

But yeah, I've looked way more forward to the previous expansion nonetheless, even though cata is kinda disappointing.

Sorry Apox but the short expansion was Cataclysm.

#28 2011-10-27 23:56:44

Lamme
Guildmaster

Because your real life made it so for you or because of some characteristics of the expansion itself? If the latter, which ones?

#29 2011-10-28 18:23:05

Grimbold
Guild Member

Lamme wrote:

Because your real life made it so for you or because of some characteristics of the expansion itself? If the latter, which ones?

Im part of the "this whole xpac feels like a test tube" bandwagon.

Oh you know, just the usual, unatractive raiding, unbalanced pvp, awful class design which essentially fits pvp and pve. It felt like that they could've done much more with the xpac - content wise - but then came the whole shorter xpacs and faster releases.

Before Cataclysm, when i heard about them attempting to make another Isle of Quel'Danas, i was thrilled as i think that it was one of the best things about TBC. Then i saw Tol Barad, it just didnt feel right. For starters, the atmosphere and enviorment were completely unatractive, kinda like the one from WOTLK, all dark and gloomy. Compare that to IOQD and you can easily see who gets the podium, unless of course you're into all the dark stuff.
Besides, IOQD actually had a decent purpose, one which required everyone to participate in order to build something. TB is just another wintergrasp.

"Herm Firelands hub?" you might say...well it just didnt cut it for me. IOQD actually had decent pvp. Constant fighting and ganking all the time with large groups of players. Good times.

Suffice to say that when your class is poorly designed, it goes a long way when we're talking about reasons to drop a game.

On a different note, this whole deal with MoP and the bet on faction war and the whining about not having a defined pve structure, got me thinking, like a lot of people. In vanilla we weren't presented with a main villain and i didn't see anyone complain. Now we get that again and all of a sudden its a major issue? Please...

Its like all the "Omg pandas are too cute, get rid of them please!" crap. Stop and think for a moment. You're playing a game which has giant cows, werewolves and gnomes which everyone either thinks are cuddly and cute or deserve to be smashed for playable races. Do you really think that nonsense you call complaining makes any sense?

If you want to whine about something, whine about those pokemon battles...excuse me, pet battle system. I can already imagine the fights between all of those pet collectors. Gotta get them all!

#30 2011-10-28 20:40:45

Qurrai
Guild Member

Now, how do we select which pets to be the original 151?!

4790K @ 4.6
Maximus VI Formula
2x GTX 780 Hydrocopper
Samsung 840 pro 512GB
Lord of AFK

Board footer