You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2011-11-16 05:37:05

Ripley
Guild Member

Ellenripley, human warrior - accepted

Hey,

I couldn't follow the link to an application template in the "read this before applying.." post but I'll try my best to copy another template to fill out the info you need.

Name: David

Char Name: Ellenripley (main character from alien)
Level: 85
Class: Warrior
Race: Human
Mainspec: Fury
Offspec: Protection (can play both well)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … ley/simple

Prot chardev:
http://chardev.org/?profile=275299
Fury chardev:
http://chardev.org/?profile=275323

Professions: Leatherworking / Alchemy

Connection: 2mb but stable. Never had a problem with it.

Attendance: I have 100% attendance in my previous guilds and I expect to keep that here as well.

UI screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/CG6H9.jpg

Comments on my gear/spec:
My gear is maxed out to the best of my knowledge in both specs and if not I'll change it accordingly. Prot always has some leeway on a few talents and I swap it around fairly often. Fury is more rigid but as fury I've specced out of 2/2 booming voice because I find having the 0/2 T12 2set 12 sec duration better to line up with CDs etc rather than 6sec. Slightly annoying at times having less rage in 5mans and knowing you should save it but those situations rarely happen atm in raids.

Why did I leave my current guild?
I don't like guild hopping and I like to give people a lot of chances to fix things. I wrote several long posts on my guild forums discussing problems in the guild and have talked relentlessly with officers about certain issues but they simply fail to fix them. I didn't feel like there was a strong team goal orientated spirit in the raids but instead people like to disrespect each other (including the raid leader) consistently and sadly the raid leader just takes it letting them run rampant. I mean it's one thing to have fun and its another thing to disrupt a raid with nonsense and waste other peoples time. Officers seemed to have some ego issues and were never very good at communicating things with members in general. Also, the inactivity of the officers bothered me a lot. They need to be online a lot to deal with problems in the guild and just to talk about things. Instead, they were generally unavailable and only logged for raids and in fact the GM consistently delayed raids by turning up late and going AFK during wipes causing 5 min delays frequently even during runs dedicated to progression where you should be giving it 100%.

My history on my chars:
I've played WoW since the beginning of TBC and I used to play a dwarf rogue. Before race changes I levelled another rogue as undead and started playing that as my main from the end of TBC throughout most of wrath. On both rogues I raided black temple / hyjal / TK and got the Amani Warbear on my undead rogue. In wrath I played hardcore around Naxxramas times and did a LOT of PvP but my guild disbanded after the guild leader sold his account/quit so I started doing 100% PvP with my friends there. Ulduar looked really awesome and I did some of it on the PTR but I was quite satisfied with PvP on my rogue only at the time. I was around 2300~ in 2s as lock rogue and 2500~ rated in 3s as RMP. Didn't raid through ToC because the content looked rather boring and I wasn't in a PvE guild although I cleared it. I also played this warrior as my alt back in TBC but during wrath I became rather bored of my rogue and enjoyed warrior a lot more so after a lot of deliberation I made it my main around ICC times. For most of ICC I played semi-casually with friends doing ICC PUG raids and a bit more seriously ~2200 arena on my priest alt. Joined a guild on my warrior a month or two before Cata, cleared all of ICC and did the mount achievements. I stayed in the same guild through the early content but the co-gleader decided to leave and join with another guild and as a result the rest of us merged with a guild called Chaos Order. I became main tank and turned the weak 10man into a good 25man guild and as we progressed to 25man I started raid leading since I was partially doing it anyway in 10man and the other officers were nervous about it. After a while though I got a bit burned out with raid leading mainly because the guild leader didn't have my back -- she respected me but wanted to "keep the peace" rather than kick old officers who were clearly out of line frequently so I got a bit sick of that and took a break for a few months while I moved house. After I came back I finished levelling up my warlock here and made some friends then decided to migrate my warrior here and things just kind of went from there. Cleared firelands on both characters multiple times and have done 3/7 hard mode on my warrior.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by Ripley (2011-11-16 07:17:31)

#2 2011-11-16 17:51:19

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Ellenripley, human warrior - accepted

It's a good thing you didn't find an application template, I'd be a bit worried if you did. That's because we don't have one.

Anywho, nice application, makes me question whether you indeed are a UK person, granted you used not only punctuation, but also proper compound sentences. Always a nice surprise.

To the point though, we will need some time to come up with an answer for you, meanwhile I'd like to ask just one thing - the guild you mention in the "why did I leave" section - which one would that be?

#3 2011-11-16 18:02:35

Ripley
Guild Member

laid back legends

#4 2011-11-16 21:11:38

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted

Board footer