You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2012-01-31 22:03:34

Droodpowah
Uncertified member

Restoration Druid - accepted (hunter)

Personal info:
Greetings. My name is Emil, I'm 17 years old and from Denmark.

Character info:
Character name: Droodpowah
Class: Druid
Race: Worgen
Mainspec: Restoration
Offspec: Balance
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … wah/simple

Progress:
Started back in TBC on my hunter. Never really played before WotLK came out, I leveled to 80 on a few characters and started doing ToC and ICC. Got some bosses down on Heroic mode.
In the beginning of Cataclysm I raided BoT, BwD and TotFW with Digital Fortitude. We got all but the last bosses down in the 3 raids. Then I had my break on around eight months. When I came back, I started playing my Druid and geared it up for Firelands. Never really found a guild until recently. Tried Shadow Crusaders and Eternum, not really worth the time though. Currently I'm done 2/7 FL  on Heroic mode and 7/7 FL on Normal mode. All but the last bosses in BoT, BwD and TotFW. I raided with Eternum in DS to start with. Got down 5/8 DS on Normal mode. We had 3 days of wiping on Ultraxion normal and then I left to find a better guild. Joined Shadow Crusaders and downed up to 7/8 DS Normal mode.
That was pretty much it. Now I'm looking to join The Enigma Order because Shadow Crusaders' guild master and 2 officers left the guild. One faction changed and 2 others joined Lords of Ironhearts to raid DS on Heroic mode. Because the guild is pretty much dead, I'm just trying here instead. Heard alot good things about this guild and the nice people in it.

Other:
I can raid everyday but tuesday 19-24 realm time.
I got a great connection, I never really disconnected.

Let me know if I am missing something. Either here or ingame smile

Cheers,
Droodpowah

#2 2012-02-01 00:05:53

Axc
Leading Team

Re: Restoration Druid - accepted (hunter)

Your spec and gearing (haste) makes no sense. Go read some stuff.

#3 2012-02-01 14:12:53

Droodpowah
Uncertified member

Indeed I should go for the haste cap at 2005. But I should aswell get some mastery. I'll reforge back to haste, if you want me to.

Also, I see nothing wrong with my spec atm. Could change it aswell, nothing big.

EDIT: I changed it. Will try healing LFR and some dungeons with this new spec and haste cap at 2005. I'll see if its any big changes smile

Last edited by Droodpowah (2012-02-01 14:45:54)

#4 2012-02-01 14:55:54

Axc
Leading Team

Droodpowah wrote:

Indeed I should go for the haste cap at 2005. But I should aswell get some mastery. I'll reforge back to haste, if you want me to.

Haste to 2005 and then mastery is mathematically proven to be the most throughputting stat allocation. You can switch spirit to mastery if you're not OOMing. Mana left at the end of the combat is wasted throughput. I'm personally running with 2,3k - 2,4k spirit with my current level of intellect, reforging excess to mastery.

Droodpowah wrote:

Also, I see nothing wrong with my spec atm. Could change it aswell, nothing big.

I  see you did some changes towards better direction, looks almost fine now - just move one point from Blessing of the Grove to Improved Rejuv.

More importantly, outside gearing issues, do you feel the resto druids are good enough for the heroic modes at DS? Outside throughput over time, we provide no mitigation cooldowns, no tank cooldowns - we also lack badly on burst aoe healing and effective single-target healing. What is your thought on this?

#5 2012-02-01 15:37:08

Droodpowah
Uncertified member

I'll go respec as soon as I finish this Looking for Raid.

And yes. Resto druids should be good enough for DS on heroic mode. Probably better for AoE healing than for single-target healing/tank healing though. But, I'll see what I can do. Even better if you know your class right smile

#6 2012-02-01 17:49:36

Axc
Leading Team

We do fairly well on some fights, but on Yor'Sahj I had to switch to my alt shaman in order to do the job properly and to provide useful cooldown.

Our single-target healing (even with RJ up) is not good enough to handle the spike damage on situation where we can't use Wild Growth/Tranquility.

On top of being perhaps on the weaker side of the classes (especially with cooldowns in mind), we do have somewhat full healing roster and fitting 2nd resto druid in might be somewhat hard.

Decission will be made soon, but don't have too high hopes.

#7 2012-02-01 20:11:09

Droodpowah
Uncertified member

I will hope for a trial atleast, but lets see what happen smile

Last edited by Droodpowah (2012-02-01 20:12:32)

#8 2012-02-01 20:24:52

Lamme
Guildmaster

Now that the 2 of you is done cuddling around druid specific issues, let's get to the important questions.

Coke or Pepsi?

#9 2012-02-01 20:38:01

Droodpowah
Uncertified member

Lamme wrote:

Now that the 2 of you is done cuddling around druid specific issues, let's get to the important questions.

Coke or Pepsi?

Pepsi.

But coffee is still the best :-D

#10 2012-02-01 21:49:17

Lamme
Guildmaster

Declined

Due to rapid conversion to Cokealysm, Droodpowah was invited as a social member. We will consider him again should something open in the future.

#11 2012-02-04 18:57:57

Lamme
Guildmaster

One thing led to another and we decided that Droodpowah will try his luck as a hunter. The toon goes by the name of Inzaine (extremely creative!).

Board footer