Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2012-07-22 19:11:14

Ace
Guild Member

Ace - Mage Applicant - declined

Basics:

First Name: Lance
Country of Origin : USA
Playtime - list the hours you currently play, be realistic: At the moment, 6 Hours + easily, after Summer should be decreased to a minimum of 4+.

List any real life - future or present - commitments that could affect your raid attendance - be honest: University is the only thing that pops into my mind, but with 3 hours a day, and me being rather smart (questionnaire states to be honest :> ), im 99% sure of not having any future concerns that would affect my presence.

Reasons for joining - make sure we are the right guild for you? After some reflection time and analyzing my options, ive decided i wish to be a part of what seems to be an outstanding guild progress wise / rep wise / longetivity wise and hopefully fun wise.

Character information

Armory link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … Ace/simple
Alt with the Experience: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … sri/simple

Character's name: Ace
Character's class: Mage
Character's race: Gnome
Character's /played: 83 days, 17 hours, 25 mins, 44 secs.

Tell us in a few words why you chose class/race: Briefly speaking... When i first picked up WoW, i went as a Ret Paladin. After Tbc, i decided to go Mage, loved it ever since, I made a Hunter in Cata to see the difference and at the end of the day, its a Mage for me personally. I enjoy the dimensions i have when i play a Mage, the skillset required isnt grand, but if its reached, its amazingly fun and worth it. Race is evident, Gnomes are legendary creatures of this game, you shall not insult them.

Are you the original owner of the account/character? Yes

Explain your talent decisions and how you've come to said decision - be thorough and precise: Not sure how thorough i can be as most if not all of the talent choices ive made are rather straight forward. Its the standard 3/35/3 for Cata. Its literally straight forward and i see no real reason why i should explain a spec that is used by more or less everyone. Cata Talent Specs are mostly straight forward in general.

What is one of your strengths with your class that you do exceptionally well: I do believe Im a rather skilled dps. My main strength is I think my ability to assess the situation (reaction time), and deal / cope with whatever strikes. Though I could also put my Dmg output.

WoW information

Previous guild(s): Postal, Highbornes, Stormwatch, Lost Chapter

Reasons for leaving: Postal was back in Wotlk, rather good progressing guild, Disbanded and some guildies merged with Stasis / Secret Agents / Highbornes. Originally, I went Secret Agents, but 2 days later Secret Agents more or less moved with Highbornes. Went Horde before Cata came and after a while decided to come back and stay Alliance. In Cata Joined Stormwatch and it was rather fun, however they took a raiding break and I wanted to go healer which they were full of so went Lost Chapter, but due to their aggressiveness / attitude towards general players, I decided I couldn’t be bothered with that 4 days a night.

Your Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm raiding experience?: Cleared all except TotFW HC, I should mention that I was not playing back in Vanilla / Early TBC. And I had only gotten to about t5 clearage (new word) before the 30% nerf patch. Um, After that, been clearing everything up to date.

System information

Internet connection and reliability(use http://www.speedtest.net): 34 ms / 15 Mbps

System Specs:
Processor: I7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
Mem = 8192MB Ram / 3G Mem Gtx555.
Over clocking enabled increase of roughly 10%.

Average FPS during raid encounter: 35-40 FPS High-Ultra Settings.

Do you have a microphone: Yes

Do you talk on Ventrilo - if not, why?: Yes, I can be social / entertaining whenever I feel like it. Although if this is a trick question, then No, i let the raid leader talk and i dont disrupt him >.

Additional information
If you have anything additional you'd like to add to your application write it here: Feel free to chat with me for more information if required / or if you just feel like it smile    /    Getting Ring from VP vendor on Wednesday so hit rating = 17%.

Last edited by Ace (2012-07-22 19:23:11)

#2 2012-07-22 19:25:56

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Ace - Mage Applicant - declined

Thanks for the application.

You mentioned you're a US player - would the time difference and latency would not be a problem playing on an EU server?

At this point of time your gear is too far behind that of our raiding group to allow us for giving you a fair test period - even if you are very skilled, we wouldn't be able to see that due low ilvl. What I can offer at this time is a social spot, which allows you to join some alt raids and such. Then you can gear up and maybe try your luck as a test player at a later stage.

Three points extra for being a gnome though.

#3 2012-07-22 19:31:06

Ace
Guild Member

I stated i was born in the States, but Ive been living in France for the past 5-6 years.
Gear wise i wouldnt consider it a problem tbh, as ill be 390+ itemlvl by wednesday, and as a mage i would pull of a great amount i reckon if i were to be given a trial.
Though i accept your criticism, I would prefer trial over social as i would love to get back into raiding asap smile. (relogging so my gear gets updated)

#4 2012-07-26 15:49:38

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted

Board footer