You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2012-08-31 04:16:51

Milkshake
Guild Member
Website

Guardian 5.0.4 - Thoughts?

First off i'd like to say that i absolutely love the new changes for druids.
It's a tad bit more papery, but once you have your new spells locked inside your brain should be no problemo surviving.
For example, what's not to love with all that new gained self healing? A instant heal (if you're specced that way) for amounts up to 100k? Yes please.
And an improved bear form that makes you able to spam rage gaining abilities such as mangle or lacerate for maximum aggro? (and it looks amazing) Yes please! Shut up blizzard and take my money already!

But if there's something you feel unsure about or if you need a helping hand, dont hesitate to ask.

My spec at the moment is as follows: Wild charge because i'm used to that playstyle, and its really good to charge into a boss, to make sure you're the first one that it fixates on for obvious reasons.
Didnt really feel like Feline swiftness was cutting it for me, even tho pulling with faerie fire was possible. It simply wasnt good enough nor suiting my playstyle at all.

Nature's swiftness - For obvious reasons. This heal is INSANE. I've seen the NS + HT macro crit myself for 100k, and that is f*cking sweet. At the start i was going with Renewal because 30% hp every 2 minutes sounded sweet. But after ive managed to set up a decent macro for NSHT it's just too good to ignore.

Incarnation - This was a tie for me. It was this or Soul of the forest. I mean, with the new rage system for Guardians, what if rage became a problem? Then 2 more rage every mangle sounded really sweet to my tanking ears.
But after trying both out i decided that Incarnation is the way to go. First of all the form looks cool as hell, but also, ability spam for 30seconds? Taunt at 1.5sec cd? Myes. It outdoes 2 more rage per mangle pretty sweet tbh. Of course this might be situational, but most of the tier 14 i dont see me going with anything else here.

Mighty bash - This talent tier is completely useless. At least from a Guardian perspective. Sure Disorienting roar whould give you a bit of a breather if you have several mobs on you. But 3 seconds, really blizzard? Not worth it.
And the vortex? Just not good enough in my opinion. The radius is too small for it to even matter, so i went with Bash. The good ol' fashioned bash. Except its called Mighty bash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Glyphs

For glyphs i use:
Might of ursoc - 20% more hp from Ursoc.  This glyph is preferred.
Rebirth - The healers whould kill me if i ressed someone and they died instantly again from the environment. Resses people with full hp from my battlerez. THIS IS ESSENTIAL.
Maul - Makes my Maul hit multiple targets. This might get switched out soon by Frienzied Regeneration glyph, because it's just a DPS increase, really, and Maul is really Rage expensive right now. Maybe it's better to have 40% extra healing on myself during Frenzy? Problem is tho' that it now ALWAYS costs 60 rage. And i'm not entirely sure you can afford spending 60% of your Rage in the progress raids. THIS IS PREFERENTIAL. Make your decision, don't be afraid to ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                        REFORGING

This is pretty much the same, aim for as much dodge as possible, but prio stamina til' you have about 15000 (this tier) then go for Agility as usual.
Crit is good, gives you additional rage from crits. Hit and expertise are pretty low on the list, since Exp will only help you if you're having aggro issues. I'd better be safe than sorry on this one, but your move.

Stamina (until you have about 15,000);
Agility;
Dodge Rating = Mastery Rating;
Critical Strike Rating;
Hit Rating and Expertise Rating;
Haste Rating.

This is what i whould go for as of current. stami beein top prio, and Haste lowest prio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cooldowns and how the heck do i keep aggro?

Don't worry, milk's got you covered.

The single target rotation for a Guardian Druid is based on this very simple priority system:

Use  Mangle on cooldown (its cooldown has a chance to be reset by some of your other abilities, so you need to pay attention to the glowing shit on your actionbars wink.
Keep up the  Thrash bleed (lasts 16 seconds so dont over use it, squeeze in a swipe if you have time).
Keep up the debuff provided by  Faerie Fire (lasts 30 seconds) This is not really important if you're having more than one druid on your team, since ferals will probably do this for you. But once again, better safe than sorry.
Spam  Lacerate.(Bleeds is the shit)
Use  Maul to avoid reaching maximum rage (It's actually not good to be rage capped now!). Dump some rage into Maul, or even Savage defense if you will. This are varying on the situation you're in. Want to dodge more? Savage defense. Increase your DPS? Maul.
----------------------------------------
If you think i missed something or have something to add, feel free to hit me up.
This is my first guide on a forum, so dont be hatin'

I hope you like it.

Milk signing out!

http://www.sadmuffin.net/cherrybam/graphics/graphics-funny/funny112.gif
Stream - www.twitch.tv/radiwa
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Radonymous

When in doubt, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle.

#2 2012-08-31 13:44:58

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Guardian 5.0.4 - Thoughts?

Nice.

#3 2012-09-12 00:03:56

Milkshake
Guild Member
Website

*Requesting sticky*

#4 2012-09-12 00:15:33

Axc
Leading Team

Done - so that our guardian druids would notice this (so that would basically be just you!).

#5 2012-09-12 18:33:00

Milkshake
Guild Member
Website

Yaaay!

Board footer