Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2012-11-03 08:12:07

Luvzi
Uncertified member

Luvzi - Worgen - Mage - declined

Personal Information

How good is your english: Good.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: well im Kim, I live in norway - Bergen. iv always played games on a competative level, i started out playing Starcraft when i was 9 years old and afther a few years of playing that game i joined the Norwegian B team at the age of 12, playing with people like Liquid.Drone (Eriador), Sven , Stinger and ABS slayer all very well known SCBW players in the international scene. after SCBW went down in popularity in Europe i decided to try out CS, i belive this was at the age of 15 trying to go pro, ended up not working out to well, i did OK in terms of Lan events in Norway but other then that it was a total failure. In the time i have been away from World of warcraft (seince Lich King) i have been playing Starcraft 2 For a team named Gamersleague, Team was sponsored and i got paid to play SC2 (a game i loved), this is mainly the reason i quit WoW for it. Achived some sucsess early in the game but nothing too major, i was mostly just playing the game for fun and focusing on Work.

Character Information

Nickame: Luvzi
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … i/advanced
Mainspec: Fire
Offspec: Frost
Professions: Enchanting/Herbalism, Going to get Inscription or Tailoring as a replacement for Herbalism when i have time to do so.

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness (this helps loads): Can't Find them, their from Late WOTLK seems like Lithium has replaced their WOL logs for the short ride they had in Cata. http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/5807/

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally.
Mainhand Still has Windsong and not jaded spirit, reason being i dont feel like its worth to spend 9k gold on an item thats going to be replaced within a week when im not even raiding, if accsepted it will be replaced instantly.
Pants are being replaced next reset with Reputation pants from kalxxi. iv also tried to get the HC ones, but with no luck.
Trinket being replaced with Darkmoon trinket (Deck) Tommorow.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
85 Paladin, Used to tank alt raids in Lithium did some HCs ect, i wouldnt consider me a perfect tank, but above avrage. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h … z/advanced
85 DK, Never really played it. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k … z/advanced
84-85 Shaman, going to be my new main alt, No experience sofar. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … z/advanced

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-Cataclysm and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
TBC:eXperience Khadgar EU, We cleared all content up to Sunwell extreamly fast, getting Server 1sts easily considering the server was bad on all levels, in sunwell we killed 4/6 pre nerf, i rerolled on Kor'gall after this to play with a in real life friend and did not get to clear the rest of the content.

WOTLK: Impulse,eQuinox,Lithium. After the transfer to Kor'gall a couple of friends iv met along the way and one in real life friend decided to make a new 25 man guild with only High level preforming players called impulse, the guild cleared all content within weeks of release including Sart 3d. (i was a officer in this guild) after some time into farming the raids the guild did not get the attendance from people coming to raids anymore, we decided to merge with another guild on the server that was pretty OK at the time (Equinox). Release day/week of ulduar we raided 12 hours a day trying to get Server 1st, unfortunally Loot ftw had recently transfered to Kor'gall and took the server 1st from us quite fast (back when they were REALLY good). at some point in ulduar the guild atmosphere just died and people started leaving during progress, the drama caused most of my friends/former guild mates to leave for Lithium and i did so aswell before the Yogg Kill on normal. Lithium, possibly the guild iv had the most fun in sofar in WOW, this guild had the best core iv raided with sofar, Most of them make up the core Roster in Loot ftw today, and now The newly formed The Sixth Legion on Ravencrest . we cleared all HC bosses in Ulduar really fast and proceeded to kill all bosses in WOTLK up to Lich king (i had to take a break from WOW because of IRL issues in TOC HM's) at Lich king HM people were tired of progressing (took a while to get things down i guess) and the guild disbanded. i was a officer in this guild aswell in ICC/TOC.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45):
100% attendence, this schedual works perfectly with my work, i would not apply if this was not the case.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (in particular, any of the days we are raiding at that does not suit you):
NO

At this point of time, how long do you expect you will continue playing WoW:
Until i feel the game gets boring, i have no idea when that time will come, but at the moment im loving the game again like never before.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
I always try to improve, read articles/talk with my guildies and old friends that still play the game, if i see a mage thats above me on Damage in boss fights i always ask myself, what is this guy doing that im not doing,
if this happens i tend to work it out trough looking at WOL/ask the person, and act accordingly to get the best possible result i can. other then that i have i no idea what to answer, other then knowing my class in and out considering
iv played it for sevral years now and raided high end content with it seince i started playing this game.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
PROS:Good DMG, Big bursts, has very good survivabilty and easily
CONS: Very reliant on stacking CDs for good DMG. (i guess all classes are like this, but big_smile)

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):
Talk to people that have killed it before us, and go in with the mindset that we are going to wipe 100-200 times on this boss (considering its a HC and we entered it pre nerf), prepare with Flasks/Pots evrything needed to maximize my preformance on the first kill, and i watch streams of players progressing troughout the fight when im not raiding myself. these questions can be hard to answer big_smile

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).
During Progress on Vasj in eXperience i was kiting the big tenticle guys, i was new to raiding and had almost no previous assignments that ment that it was a wipe or not, i always read guides on it, talked to the other guy that was kiting aswell, and was practicing on mobs outside of the instance big_smile (this for some reason is never done anymore), later on i did get tons of assignments as a officer troughout Impulse and late ICC, but nothing was so nervewrecking as kiting that mob on Vasj. so i guess thats the one id pick to point out (also the one i prepared the most for)

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
The raid times fit perfectly into my days, iv been wanting to raid for a while now and i really dont want to raid in a 10man guild, the social aspect of being able to play in a guild and raid with them is quite huge for my enjoyment of WOW, eventho i can talk/get into Alt raids in The Sixth legion, its not the same thing. overall the relaxed progress/raid times is what made me want to apply, also i found you on wowprogress.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
Considering the guild only raids 3 days a week, i expect Preformance at every raid, no slacking nor any crying over loot, and that people are prepared.
i hate drama, i really hope theres none of that..

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yep, and understood smile

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:
Read up on it, Ask people, the normal stuff.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
I really enjoy the social aspect of the game, theorycrafting and the competative aspect of it.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
MY UI, eventho its out of raid, u can see most of what will be there.

http://i.imgur.com/ZZbKG.jpg

Hardware/Connection (we assume your computer and connection are fit for raiding, only tell us about out of oridinary stuff):
CPU:  i5-480M
GC: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
RAM: 8GB
Connection: 100/50mbit

#2 2012-11-03 12:54:59

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Luvzi - Worgen - Mage - declined

Thank you for the application, please contact me in game, ideally today (Saturday). I can be found either on Smalle or Lammi lately.

#3 2012-11-04 11:07:53

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Luvzi - Worgen - Mage - declined

Declined

Board footer