You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2012-12-17 01:34:48

windmark
Uncertified member

Windmark, human frost mage - declined

Personal Information

How good is your english: My first language, so very good.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I play alot of other blizzard games like Starcraft 2 and will be playing Diablo 3 again once PVP is released. You could call me a blizzard fanboy.

Character Information

Nickame: Windmark
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … k/advanced
Mainspec: Frost PVE
Offspec: Frost PVP
Professions: Alchemy and Herbalism

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness (this helps loads):
I don't run WOL but i'm sure if I was given a chance in a raid I'd show you there and then I am awesome. smile
Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally.
My ilevel is 486 atm, I did play warrior at the start of Mists so it could be a little bit higher, I'm gaining the shieldwall trinket next week which should put me at 488.
Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
Only other 90 is my warrior (DPS) ilevel is 475, don't play him anymore apart from RBGs.

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-Cataclysm and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
I started playing my first character which was a feral druid in Wrath, just casually with in real life friends clearing Naxxramas, a little bit of Ulduar sometimes, eventually I joined a guild called Pure, on the realm Turalyon, we did TOTC and TOTGC with 4/5HC, I was with them for a long time, then got tired of feral druids as it was repetitive, so I left and joined horde on the same realm and raided with a guild called "Pure Magic", no relation to Pure.
In there I semi raid leaded a 25man team in ICC25HC. Whilst being the main tank in that guild we killed all ICC bosses except LK25HC, obtaining both meta drakes on the way. Once cataclysm hit I was very disapointed, quit for several months then came back on my druid again (moved to ravencrest) and did some casual PVP and raided on warrior casually again in firelands and dragonsoul.

Once MoP hit, I raided on my warrior as DPS the first 4 weeks and then swapped to my mage because I was pulling better numbers. currently done 5/6 MSV (with many attempts on will, my current guild have killed him i've just not been on when they did) and also 2/6 msv (guild killed garalon when i signed off lol).

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45):
I can be there 100% of the time. If I can't for whatever reason I can notify an officer in advance

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (in particular, any of the days we are raiding at that does not suit you):
Well it's christmas soon I may not be on as much but I can probably still make some raid days.

At this point of time, how long do you expect you will continue playing WoW:
A long time indeed, MoP has been very good so far hope it continues.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
I've always been passionate about games, and within playing game I want to play my best. I'm not the kind of guy to just turn up to a raid not prepaired in any way. I do strive to be the best I can in my class or role.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Playing Frost is good at the moment, alot better than fire sadly, but when applying for guilds sometimes I think guilds have a PVP only outlook on frost, when infact its the second best spec at the moment. I like frost because I play it in PVP too so I'm very used to the spec and the priorities.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):
Well I enjoy and watch the FatBoss guides on youtube, they are very explanatory and informative for new encounters, and If I do happen to mess up on a fight it's not a common occurance, I learn quickly and mistakes don't happen twice.

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).
Well just recently I was assigned to use a spear on a Battle Mender in the Wind Lord Mel'jarak encounter, it's a pretty simple assignment all I have to do is keep a mob CC'd and be quick to re CC it if it breaks for any reason.

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I was viewing wowprogress and it said you were looking for a mage in the recruitment part and so I decided to put an application in.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
I expect a mature yet fun raiding team who are striving for success.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
I have checked the rules and the DKP system, never used a bid system before but I can learn and get used to it easy.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:
I'd PM a fellow raider who does know or an officer for advice.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
I've always been a computer geek, I love to play games, competitively mainly. WoW has alot of things to do, currently I like to camp rares for the vanity items. However mainly it's for the raiding, i love to kill bosses and become one of the best.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
Noting comes to mind I'm sorry.

Hardware/Connection (we assume your computer and connection are fit for raiding, only tell us about out of oridinary stuff):
Even though I love to play games I'm not a computer expert, I've got 4GB ram and a duel core, all I really know, I raid on "good" graphics in the system settings and can raid 40mans (like sha) and 25mans very easy without FPS issues.

Here's my UI
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/60 … 70809.jpg/

Please note that I've removed the two extra action bars at the right, removed grid and recount is usually hidden.

Thankyou for taking time to read this and I hope to hear from you all!

#2 2012-12-17 19:45:10

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Windmark, human frost mage - declined

Thanks for the application. We have practically started our Christmas and New Year break already, so things are a little slow right now - it will take some time for us to answer your application.

Meanwhile, please provide a link to your character's pve gear set.

#3 2012-12-17 19:49:59

windmark
Uncertified member

That's fine. smile

#4 2012-12-17 19:53:44

windmark
Uncertified member

the armory link is in the application smile

#5 2012-12-18 02:10:37

Lamme
Guildmaster

The linked profile now includes 2 pvp items, it had 3 when I had a first glance - is that intended, do you not have pve items for these slots?

#6 2012-12-18 02:54:09

windmark
Uncertified member

the two pvp items i now have are for my PVE set, they're better in every aspect than the raid finder alternatives I have. Even with PVP power/resi they are better if you look.

#7 2012-12-18 12:54:39

Lamme
Guildmaster

I see, thanks for the explanation. As previously stated, we'll be back with you in a little bit.

#8 2012-12-18 13:13:28

windmark
Uncertified member

No problem at all smile, hope to hear soon!

#9 2012-12-20 23:23:37

windmark
Uncertified member

If it makes any difference i'm now 489 ilevel, obtained a pve 496 ring.

Last edited by windmark (2012-12-24 03:06:09)

#10 2012-12-26 18:51:42

Lamme
Guildmaster

We'd like to see you in action before making the final decision. Provided we run 10 mans this week, that could be a nice opportunity. Please contact me in game so we can sort the details out.

#11 2012-12-27 02:07:51

windmark
Uncertified member

That would be fine, ill contact you soon as im free smile with it being the holidays etc. big_smile

#12 2012-12-28 19:43:22

windmark
Uncertified member

Im free whenever now apart from new years eve smile

#13 2013-01-04 12:00:51

windmark
Uncertified member

Logged on a few times and never see anyone online :p must be unlucky, what dates will you be doing 10mans so i can attend

#14 2013-01-05 18:05:18

Lamme
Guildmaster

I'm sorry to say, but others have beat you to the spot.

Declined

Board footer