Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!
  • Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Swifthammer (Shadowblaze in disguise) - declined

#1 2013-01-05 01:41:08

Shadowblaze
Guild Member

Swifthammer (Shadowblaze in disguise) - declined

Aight then, here I am, giving it another go! This time as a Shaman.

Okey then Lamme. You want to know what I know about Shamans. Well, sadly I didn't screenshot any meters, I've checked, trust me.
First of all, I would prefer to keep Elemental as my mainspecc for now, despite your wish for an Enhancement, but I promise to gear up for it so I am capable of doing either in whatever situation either might be better than the other.

Why do I prefer Elemental? Well, as far as we've seen, I'm a horrific Melee DPS. Gothias was a lost call, and don't get me started about Boltspark (The Monk)! I find Elemental interesting due to the rotation, the way you sort of depend on your Lava Flow to procc for an instant Lava Burst. I do find it fun to play Elemental in fights such Protector of the Endless Springs, due to three targets. A Flame Shock on each of 'em and I will have Lava Burst rolling pretty much constantly, with the occasional Elemental Blast to keep up either Crit, Master or Haste. Obviously I would want a lot more haste, cause of the increased Flame Shock ticks, which results in even more instant Lava Burst rolling! - It is due to the mastery and haste I tend to prefer Windsong enchant - I do suppose in the long run Jade Spirit is better, yet I find Haste, Mastery and Crit rolling constantly is quite good. If I were to choose an AoE class, I'd definitely stick with Shaman. I HATE Earthquake, horrific spell, but Chain Lightning tends to win any fight with 3-5-6 mobs, beyond that anyone else may win. But it is definitely a lovely ability! As for cooldowns I try to use Ascendance as often as possible, I find the burst very entertaining, only about 150-200k dps, but that is due to my horrific gear! I hope make something more... permanent out of Ascendance some day, could do with a few more elemental-related abilities in general, silly lightning all over the place! I don't really know that much about Elemental in general, It's the first time I've ever been Elemental, I've always been Enhancement, mainly due to the extremely boring elemental rotation in the previous contents, but they seem to have given it a new sort of way in MoP.

As for Enhancement.. I was Shaman back in WotLK, Enhancement. Female Orc! Rawr! I did quite well back then, sadly the rotation was quite horrific back then, quite random. It has changed a lot since then I see. Entirely new abilities are main damage now. I do love how they turned it into a spell-melee, with the Stormstrike, Lava Lash and the occasional Lightning Bolt/Elemental Blast/Chain Lightning going off with Maelstrom Weapon, instantly and mercilessly. Got to love their cooldown too, Ascendance seems to be quite a decent cooldown overall - Perhaps not so much as Restoration. Enhancement seems to depend quite a lot on your buffs and debuffs, your Lava Lash being empowered by your Fire Totem, your Unleash Element giving your Lightning Shield a constant damagedealing effect, your Stormstrike increasing damage taken on your main target. I could easily be persuaded to go back Enhancement, no doubt, but I don't know how I would do as enhancement.

In general: I just made an alt to make time pass. My health wasn't too well, so I had to take a break from raiding, but what to do, when i was finally online? LFR? God, no! I made a Shaman due to the changes with MoP, seemed fun and new. There I was, reaching 90, slowly getting gear, thinking I should be happy if I could get to 470 ilvl.. I reacjed 475, then 480, then 485 and now 490, so I suppose I got caught with it, and here I am, willing to give it a go.

The only thing that may be a problem is my health, but you know that already. Other then that, I do feel like kickin' some ass, in any "Elementalic" way!

Last edited by Shadowblaze (2013-01-05 03:41:53)

#2 2013-01-05 11:33:17

Hessie
Leading Team

Re: Swifthammer (Shadowblaze in disguise) - declined

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … mer/simple

Above is your link to armory. The little ive seen of you I have a feeling you are playing elemental the way it should. What I dont understand is why you choose other enchants then the best/recommended for elemental when it comes to back, wrist and feet. The enchant on weapon you explained even though I dont agree with you and you lack a +160 int gem in beltbuckle.

Would be nice with som elemental competition in guild but are you sure you will stick to it? Because you first joined our raids as  a mage, rerolled monk and now its shaman. In 4-5 weeks it might be something else?

Last edited by Hessie (2013-01-05 11:51:17)

#3 2013-01-05 13:23:31

Shadowblaze
Guild Member

I'm very glad you ask, Hessie! I had thought someone quite else would've asked, but I know someone would question my sudden flickering.

You seem to have forgotten my Warlock and Paladin though, Hessie! From Cataclysm!

You see, I never thought I should play properly again, when I came back right before MoP struck. But there I was, back in game, just to pass time a bit, nothing serious I thought. You had moved server, the new pre-patch was live and all. I moved my Paladin over, he was my main at that time, even though he was quite a horrific character... I moved my Mage along because he will always be my best character. He is the only character I have from the very beginning (Vanilla), he's got all the achievements, odd mounts (Which now are account wide along with titles..), gear and the experiences. So I moved him along, besides Mages seemed fun in MoP.

So I came back raiding, as you've noticed, thank you for that. I had spoken to Lamme before MoP struck, asking if I could give it a go in MoP as a Monk. You see, I had tried Monk on PTR and I sort of felt comfortable playing it, I suppose it was something new, something different at that time, which made it so comfortable. BUT... Lamme had already found another.. Heartbroken as I was, I was offered a raidingspot as a Mage, which I was more than happy to try fill out. I love my Mage you see. As you may know, our precious Monk suddenly vanished, and shortly after Lamme contacted me, asking if I would like to take over the spot as the guild Monk WW. The feeling of "Something different = Awesome" was still stuck in my mind - Boltspark was born.... Already.. And somewhat geared, already! I regret it, it was far from what it was on the PTR... I wish I had been with my Mage the whole time... I suppose raiding as a Melee in general is something I don't do very well.

That's the story of that, Hessie! That is why I barely raided 2 times before I rerolled... Horrific decision.

The only characters I had to choose between now was my Mage and Shaman, and I must admit, I do believe the option to choose between Enhancement and Elemental might be much more fun in the length than a Mage, despite the fact that I love my Mage dearly. I played Shaman back in WotLK and due to a guild and faction change, I stopped playing Shaman.

As for the enchants, Hessie, I will fix them, obviously. It was just an alt, a "time-passer", nothing special. Why enchant a "nothing special"? As for the weapon enchant I still don't believe in the Jade Spirit > Windsong, it's properly right, but I suppose it can be tested! If it's a requirement, I will fix it.

#4 2013-01-05 16:32:54

Lamme
Guildmaster

First of all, it's just stupid to apply prior to having your gear polished. Here's a step-by-step manual to what I want you to do even before we can even consider a spot for you.

1. visit mr. Robot
2. import you character
3. in Options check "force caps" at the very bottom
4. click Optimize
5. introduce the changes to your gear

Also, upgrade your weapon twice with valor asap, unless some other, new item for valor is near BiS. DMF trinket is most likely your second best bet.

Now, as for a shaman spot in general. The deal is in fact somewhat simple, since you know the playerbase, I'll go on a name basis. In order to last through test period as elemental, you'd have to do more damage than Hessie on a general basis and maintain similar activity. If you manage to gear up for enchancement relatively quickly, the acceptable minimum to last is dps same or better than Grimbold (Kailon) and considerably higher activity.
Should you meet the requirements for both specs, then we could maybe consider loosening the activity requirement a tiny bit.

Bump the application once the gear is taken care of.

#5 2013-01-05 19:43:13

Axc
Leading Team

No professions.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/259/943/694.png

#6 2013-01-10 12:26:02

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted

under several conditions discussed in game.

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Swifthammer (Shadowblaze in disguise) - declined

Board footer