Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-01-26 00:14:33

Issalan
Guild Member

Dwarven - Shaman - Grimdal - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Fluent
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: Nothing in particular

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Whitebeard ( just making it up on the spot, but im kinda taking a liking to it)
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … dal/simple
Mainspec: Enhancement
Offspec: Resto
Professions: Enchant 600 / inscription 600

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?
I always get the max valor per week on my main as on my primary alts.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
It used to be many things but since i started playing enhancement more and more since i was told that enchancement shaman was preferred as a char, most of the cons have dissapeared due to getting more skill and experience with it and becoming more fluent with handling the char and using its many cds at timely intervals, to waste less and less dps, the only real problems i have with the spec is that in hcs when playing with other high geared and experienced players like the ppl from the guild, i cant get to any good dps on the mobs unles there in countless numbers like the spam of mobs before first boss in brewery because they die too quikly, for an elemental its much easier since chain lightning spam. But this is ofc completely irrelevant in raids and on bosses.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
Atm i have one other lv 90 wich is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … dan/simple
But for the rest there all between lv 85 and 90 and i only play with them if i got time to spare but since im soo busy with gearing this guy up and getting some experience with him these last two weeks, i havent rly played on any of them. But my previous experience was with most other classes and many of them i was very handy with them, but since that was always during previous expansions and so much has changed with every class i dont feel qualified to say how my expertise with them has stayed the same and how it has deteriorated... but im a quik study.
YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier:
Unfortunaly cant give what i dont have... since i have only raided once with this guy when he had dinged a day before and that was with low gear and not even hit or exp capped... so il leave that judgement to hessie next time were in a raid together. since i geared this guy up quite nicely in the almost tw weeks since he has dinged, (he dinged last saterday) excluding the fact of such bad luck with drops wich not even smalle's luck for other ppl could not fix...

Which pve addons do you use? All the ones that are needed for a raid.

World of Warcraft and Me:
My homerealm was Nordrassil where i started during tbc and also my first raiding experience was obtained there. The first one i joined was named Naga stole my bike and they kinda learned me the game of raiding and we mostly did kara. I stayed for them till pretty much the end of tbc in wich the leaders decided to disband the guild bcs they personally were quitting the game. During wotlk i joined numerous guilds bcs it was pretty hectic there with the smaller guilds frequently being absorbed bye the bigger ones so that they could do heroic 10 man and 25 man. So i followed the leaders when something like that happened. i cleared nax many times and also most of the achs for it when it was still the only real raid then i got bored and stopped with the game for 1 month in wich i came back when i finally joined the 2nd best guild of the servers with my mage named bane wich was lead bye the dk Junice who was the best dk of the server if not in the list of the 10 best dks of the world. ( sorry i know looks a bit like a wowcrush but she was rly good.... ) i stayed with them till icc in wich junice disbanded the guild and merged with her best players to Kyl wich was the best guild of the realm and stayed the best one it was officially disbanded a year later or so bcs of the transfer of many of the best ppl to other realms including me. Bye the end of icc, when i got bored i came here to start as allience but that didnt last longer then 2 months and i decided to go back to Nordrassil but when i got back i saw the guild got disbanded and all my friends were either transferred or just left the game altogether. So i started a new "life" among the horde side of this realm where i stayed till 2 months ago and i went back to allience but i still raided with my guild there wich was named Escalated in wich im stil in atm but it does not raid anymore since a month ago because a huge dispute made 2 of the core group in wich im part of leave the guild so raiding has been cancelled till panda time. but like i said before i was alrdy planning to leaving the horde side forever and that the only thing holding me there was that guild and the raiding i could do but now most of the ppl are inactive so for me this is the end and now i want to focus solely on allience for the rest of cata and the entire mop expansion. This is a copy of issalan section since it tells everything about what happened to me till i joined you guys in last year in June. and the rest you guys have been witness too.

Internet Stability: It is stable, i only had two dcs in the last 3 months in wich i raided 3 nights a week every week for 3 hours each night and each dc i was able to log right back in and was never during a fight but more like getting in the instance or being ported and stuff like that. also a copy but this hasnt changed since 6 months ago

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
Well i have never played shaman as a main before, so i cant rly be the judge of that, theres still much i must learn about my class wich i will discover on my own as i gain experience raiding with him and the other stuff i will learn bye watching and talking to the other shammies of the guild. I choose this char to raid with because i wanted to rejoin the guild and start raiding with you guys again and thats why i choose this char bcs you needed an enchancement shaman or lets say preferred an enhancement shaman..

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):
The same as i always did read up on their abilities first on numerous sites and then watch a couple of movies of it on youtube pref fatboss first and then other ones to see if there are any differences in what they are saying and to make sure one of them didnt forget something to say wich was important to my class/role.

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).
I fucked up on spine the first raid night numerous times wich uto can attest to... but i learned and the weeks that followed i got better and better untill she even gave me a compliment on spine hc farm, wich im sure i did not imagine no matter what she will say when she reads this wink
GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
Well my previous experience with you guys on raid nights and in general wich is why im trying so hard to get another spot in the raid group. i enioyed my time alot with the guild but when i came back from vacation in august and uni was about to start i tried to stop bcs i thought it would be best for my studies but ive experienced that i got more then enough time for my classes and to raid 3 nights a week and still have a social life. And i missed wow althogether.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
They were and are still more then agreeable to me.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:
If its a class question i would wisp hessie or just ask in our shaman channel. If its something about my particular role that i was assigned to bye the raid leader, id wisp the raid leader.

Goal Of Raiding: Simple: Fun

And that is obtained bye trying to progress in a difficult raid fight with a good and fun team when after a few days/weeks of wiping we finally down that boss.

HARDWARE

Well i hope my previous experience with raid nights will suffice since i never had a problem with internet stability or disconnect issues. and nothing has changed since then.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
No problem, im used to it

#2 2013-01-26 00:58:31

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Dwarven - Shaman - Grimdal - accepted

Thanks for your application.

Needless to say, before we even get remotely close to considering it, you need bis pre-raiding gear at the very least. Frankly, I don't know what you had in mind applying with items below ilvl 463 and unenchanted pieaces.

Which pve addons do you use? All the ones that are needed for a raid.

No. A complete list of add-ons you use please.

Well i hope my previous experience with raid nights will suffice since i never had a problem with internet stability or disconnect issues. and nothing has changed since then.

No. The template is there for a reason. Follow it.

UI link please.

As per your application, you stopped because of university obligations. Provided we would essentually have to boost and gear you up, convince  us  you will not quite again in few weeks, when it gets warmer outside and exams session will get closer.

In general, more respect to the questions asked in the template please. I suggest actually reading through it and verifying that you answered all relevant points and not just slided dodged your way through them.

#3 2013-01-26 02:53:53

Issalan
Guild Member

Well i made the miscalculation of thinking you would check it in the morning cos my armory link hadnt updated itself, cos i had a couple of changes gearwise.
Furthermore i made this apply not with the suggestion of actually joining the next raids or seeing myself equal with the current raiders but more like to make clear what i intended to do in the guild and ive been working on this guy now very intensively the last two weeks, and would like to be seen as a backup when a spot is open and you dont have anyone else to fill it like last week or just to sign up for raids so you knew that there was someone available that night as a fill in. also i was planning to enchant the rest during the night and embossem. Just thought id made de apply in advance to be reviewed in the morning.... but that was my mistake...

Also my apologies if i gave you the impression of sliding through.. wich was the opposite of my intent, i merely fell victim to the curse of familiarity it seems.

Now list of addons : Dbm, omen, recount  atlasloot and a couple of others like bartender but those i dont use atm, they are merely installed. because i have had in the past alot of probs with Lua errors so i try to limit the use of addons.

Internet: http://speedtest.net/result/2462781476.png

Ui: I use the standard wow Ui i got pics of it but not sure how i can post them...

University: well, i didnt start playing wow again bcs it was cold outside and i had nothing to do bcs we have had a warm winter here in belgium. Our first snow only fell last week and ive been playing again now for two months, also i alrdy passed my exam period, the next one is in july so i can combine the both. The reason why i stopped in the first place was that i overestimated the time consumption of uni.

Also shaman would never have been my first choise to play as a main now, im starting to enjoy it more and more but the only reason i choose too invest soo much time in it bcs that would have been the best choise for raiding with teo again.

#4 2013-01-26 11:17:28

Lamme
Guildmaster

Much better, thanks. Back with you shortly.

#5 2013-01-26 20:33:36

Issalan
Guild Member

i have been getting some helping wisps from ppl with giving me some advice concerning my dagger in my mh, i know that its a bad choise bcs its fast moving and daggers and maces who are much more slow moving are vastly superiour. I know this and the only reason why i got it equipped is bcs i have nothing else and i thought even if its fast moving its still superiour to 435 agi maces... altho some ppl have told me this is not the fact.. im not sure if its certain my performance would be improved bye buying a str one handed mace from a bs, i would do it immediatly but its just, im not sure.. any definite advice concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated...

#6 2013-01-27 06:12:18

Issalan
Guild Member

i meant axes and maces who are much more slow moving are superiour..  ( not daggers naturally)  just seen the misstype
and ive found a replacement for my dagger.

#7 2013-01-27 11:17:35

Lamme
Guildmaster

That's better. Keep working on the necklace and, even more so, off-hand weapon.

Accepted

Needless to say, at first there will be a whole lot of switching you in and out due gear.

Board footer