Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-02-03 03:00:46

Zanux
Guild Member

Zanux, Human Rogue - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Fluent
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: I am mature, well focused and I express a good attitude towards raiding.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Zanux
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … x/advanced
Mainspec: Combat
Offspec: Currently N/A, although this will probably be a PvP spec in 5.2
Professions: Enchanting/Leatherworking

-

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

Yes, I always ensure that my gear is fully taken care of. I usually find myself spending insane amounts of gold on the AH if upgrades are available there, and I don't hesitate to fully reforge/enchant/gem a piece of gear if I am only planning on using it for a short period of time. I use Shadowcraft for all of my accurate reforging/gemming needs, a very trusted tool specifically designed for Rogues. I don't use Mr. Robot but I would be surprised if it told me to do something different.

-

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?

Yes, I am currently capping Valor weekly to upgrade my gear.

-

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Currently, I feel as though the Combat spec is quite clunky in regards to the amount of abilities which need to be used and how everything needs to be perfectly timed in order to get respectable results, along with lots of spamming to not cap energy. But when played well, the results can be quite rewarding. Overall, DPS is good, but nothing seriously game-breaking. Combat is a bit behind Assassination at the moment, hence the small buff planned for 5.2. The planned changes to Shuriken Toss will help us a lot on fights with time spent out of range or with high mobility.

Rogue survivability is very very good, we have a lot of tricks up our sleeve when it comes to staying alive. Group utility is ok, and will be boosted nicely in 5.2 with the Smoke Bomb change.

-

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I generally only play on alts when I don’t feel like doing anything on my Rogue (which is yet to happen this expansion). I prefer to focus my time on improving one Character instead of spreading it across many. I have some very inactive alts which I used to be pretty good at playing, nothing special really:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b … a/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a … x/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a … u/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a … u/advanced

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Most notable logs, from newest to oldest:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u2dv4m4b … amp;e=2155
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qzghmamo … amp;e=4406
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/98m0b8pt … amp;e=3523
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/98m0b8pt … amp;e=4659
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/us9m6d0hz2mciu8q/

-

Which pve addons do you use?

Bagnon, BanditsGuileHelper, Bartender, Energy Watch, MSBT, NugComboBar, OmniCC, Recount, Rogue Power Bars, Tidy Plates, TipTac, Xperl, I Interrupted That, DBM

-

Show us your UI:

I prefer a clean UI with a lot of clear space to view dangers etc around me. I use Eyefinity for this purpose, and for a more enjoyable gaming experience:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3339 … 014615.jpg

-

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

Vanilla – I raided as a Gnome Mage with a guild called <Illuminati>. We cleared all content up to Twin Emps, and a few bosses in Naxx.

TBC – We got up to around Magtheridon before all of the core raiders left and created a new guild named <Oxygen>. The idea behind this was to undertake a more hardcore approach to raiding. We cleared up to 4/5 in Hyjal and 6/9 in BT before the over enthusiastic (and very abusive) raid leader drove the key family behind the guild away, ultimately killing it. I stopped raiding at this point.

WotLK – Me and Xeifer rerolled Horde together and joined a 25m raiding guild called <is a sinner>. We cleared all of ICC10HC and up to LKHC on 25m. Towards the end of the expansion all of the core members of the guild transferred to Blade’s Edge and created a 10m guild called <Charisma>, in search of realm first progression.

Cataclysm – As <Charisma> we cleared up to 6/12hc in BwD/BoT before conflict and no real leadership caused the guild to collapse. A handful of us joined our biggest rival on the server <Drama>, which was a 25m guild, to continue progression. Most of the core members left and <Drama> ultimately turned into a 10m guild. At Firelands 6/7hc progression, there was very little interest from members to raid which caused us to merge with <Cure II> and create <Dramatic Cure>. We then cleared Dragon Soul 8/8hc.

MoP – I am still in <Dramatic Cure> where I have cleared:

MSV: 5/6hc
HoF: 1/6hc
ToES: 4/4n

Currently, progression has been totally halted due to most of the original <Drama> members leaving and recreating the old guild on a different server.

-

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

Very close to 100%. Special occasions and very rare work related emergencies will be the only issues (and by very rare, I mean like if the cleaner breaks into the server room and unplugs things so she can hoover).

-

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

On a day to day basis, absolutely nothing.

-

Why are you good at playing your class (don't quote Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

I have played my Rogue for a very long time, and Combat has always been my main raiding spec. This means that I know it inside out, and can play it well. I always keep up to date with any new announcements, and I am active within the theorycrafting community. I always like to maximise my potential DPS, even if it means smashing away at a dummy for a couple of hours until I work something out which I am unsure on.

-

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

When I know that I will be approaching new content, I like to watch/read guides on how other guilds have already handled it. This is how I get the best understanding for the fight, along with personal attempts with the raid in order to tweak tactics to ones which are most suitable for us. I also like to study the boss abilities in the Dungeon Journal.

-

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).

Most recently, I was assigned to ‘tanking’ Garalon HC.  I did lots of research into how exactly this was possible, as I didn’t have a full understanding of the fight. After learning how it was possible, I spent some time figuring out the best way to go about doing it. It was pretty self-explanatory once I learnt the mechanics, but posts on EJ helped too.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

With the core part of my current guild recently deceased and progress at a complete standstill, I feel as though it is time to head in a new direction. I have also wanted to switch back to Alliance, play on a PvP server and enjoy an active community on a decent populated server for some time now. I also want to play with my RL friend Xeifer again, who was the one who introduced me to the guild. I think you guys are absolutely ideal for me.

-

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

An enjoyable experience based on a healthy amount of discipline, fun and progression.

-

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

I have read and understood the rules perfectly.

-

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

Similar to above. Research to give a basic understanding, personal experience to master.

-

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

I primarily play and raid in WoW to have fun and meet new people. Wiping for weeks on end on progression content is easily justified from the satisfaction of getting it down in the end. Feeling like part of a successful team and working well together to conquer goals for rewards is time well spent in my opinion.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2480115958.png

When I spoke to my ISP about why my speeds are much lower than expected, they said that as it is a relatively new connection, they are still configuring the line (I have recently moved home). Even with these results, I never experience any problems in raids.

-

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Intel i7 980X Six Core @4.0GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7970
12GB DDR3 RAM
4xSSD Raid 0

-

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

TS3 – I have it installed and I can connect to the servers just fine.
Microphone – I have a new headset on order which should hopefully be arriving soon.

-

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

Yes. I also have access to the remote services.

#2 2013-02-03 13:56:45

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Zanux, Human Rogue - accepted

Thank you for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

#3 2013-02-03 14:50:39

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Zanux, Human Rogue - accepted

Thank you for a very nice application indeed. All questions answered in detailed manner, some WoL ranks to prove you know your business - frankly, I wish we had more applicants like you.

Accepted

Bare in mind, migration is often accompanied by a bug that allows you to whisper people on the new server, but makes it impossible for them to answer and contact you in general. Should it happen that your migration is done and there's seemingly no response from us upon your request for an invitation, make sure to check the topic with your application. I'm not sure how RealID behave under such conditions, all the more reson to add me before finalizing the migration (battletag below). The problem gets sorted easily by Game Masters.

Also, please be advised that we have one single purpose of keeping rogues in our roster - we mock them. We blame them. We pick on them. If a ranged dps stands in fire - it will be your fault. If someone doesn't show up for the raid - it will be your fault. If a tank disconnects - IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT AS WELL!!! You've chosen the class, you need to bare with the baggage! This is to be taken with a grain of salt, but we have had cases of rogues just not being able to handle the peer pressure. You have been warned.

Last not but least, upon arriving to Ravencrest you will face the decision as to which race to pick. That is of course entirely up to you and any choice will be accepted and respected. As long as it's a gnome. With pink ponytails.

I would appriciate if you contacted me in game at the time of your convinience (ideally even before the migration). My battletag is Lamme#2288.

One last thing, for clarity sake - we are accepting you as a testplayer. It may happen that for whatever reason you will not pass the trial. I'm saying this because of the real-life money cost involved in the migration.

Board footer