Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-01-31 21:23:33

cathalina
Guild Member

Cathalina, Human Mage - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: Good
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: mature player, have brain , fast learner and have the will to defeat hc encounters.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Cathalina
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ina/simple
Mainspec: Arcane   
Offspec: Fire
Professions: Enchanting 600/ Alchemy 600

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? my gear is fully enchanted and gemmed, expect for my weapon. It has Jade fire enchant but i didn't gem the +500 int since it is a raid finder item. I was willing to gem it on a normal one.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible? capped every week

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Pros: insane dps and mana regen. while standing inside the rune of power
Cons: rune of power is another spell that forces us to find time to stand still for long periods of time to be effective.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I have a lvl 90 NE warrior.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ery/simple
I play it whenever i have nothing to do on my mage.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Which pve addons do you use?

Recount
Deadly Boss Mod
Mage Nuggets
OmniCC
Tellmewhen
ExtraCD
Reforgelite

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

Original Wow: I started playing this game 2 weeks after the release on spinebreaker-US. I had also a mage and I did clear MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxxaramas (up to four horsemen) with Requiem. After that i got tired of raiding at 4:00 am in the morning and decided to quit the game.

TBC: I came back late to the game and rerolled on Kazzak - EU due to time zone raiding and I joined Pandora Project. I cleared with them Karazhan/SSC/TK/BT and SWP( up to Muru pre nerf) and i did quit again the game.

WOTLK: I didn't play this expansion.

Cata: I came back again late to this expansion and joined Semper Fi. I cleared with them FL normal and 3 bosses in hc mode. cleared DS normal 6/8 hc where i had to quit the game again because i had to travel to work abroad.

MOP: I came back to the game to find my guild transferred from Kazzak to ravencrest. So i transfered and started leveling to find them inactive. i did clear pugging 5/6 MSV normal on my mage and 1/6 HOF on my warrior.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply. my attendance will be above 90%.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week): I am going on vacation every 3 months for 1 week or 10 days, so most probably i wont be able to raid during that time.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way): I have been playing this class since the release. It is a long period for anybody to memorize the class.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations): I read tactics on the internet, try to fetch some beta movies for the kills, practise the fights in LFR ...

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: I am already a member of the guild as a friend of Auriela. He is a friend of mine and we used to raid together during cata.

What do you expect from us, as a guild: I expect to raid in a mature and friendly environment and always willing to defeat hard encounters.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum): Yes

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed: I am not shy to ask for another explanation.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game: I am working abroad and I have enough free time to spend on a game I like to play.

HARDWARE

I will have another post with the speed test and all related information regarding my Pc when i reach home. I am still stuck at work.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers? yes

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok? no problem.

#2 2013-01-31 22:47:58

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Cathalina, Human Mage - declined

Thanks for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

#3 2013-02-01 16:24:35

Lamme
Guildmaster

Please provide the hardware bit.

#4 2013-02-01 21:10:45

cathalina
Guild Member

Sorry for being late.

CPU:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Ram: 8.2 GB

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2479057335.png

#5 2013-02-01 22:16:48

Lamme
Guildmaster

That Speed Test result is a little alarming and that's to Manama, not even Frankfurt. Are you sure you don't have any lag related issues in 25 man raids?

#6 2013-02-01 23:54:26

cathalina
Guild Member

I am not having any lag, but anyway, i am willing to upgrade my connection if my application is accepted and I am getting to raid again. If ever my application accepted, I will be posting another speed test if needed.

#7 2013-02-03 14:01:32

Lamme
Guildmaster

Just a little more patience, we will get back to you before the end of the reset.

#8 2013-02-03 16:28:01

Lamme
Guildmaster

Accepted

Provided you're a bit behind gear wise and seeing how we have recently taken a few new testplayers in similar situation, the beginning of the test period might be somewhat slow, with a tad of switching in and out between bosses.

Board footer