Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-03-06 01:25:59

Kanuchi
Guild Member

Kanuchi, Mistreaver monk - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: very good
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:

I have been playing world of warcraft ever since it was initially released and experimented with many classes. The role that drew my attention the most was a healing class (mainly) and DPS class. I started off playing a druid, rerolled a shaman, and now I rerolled a healing monk. I have been playing it since the early beta of MoP and so far it's mechanics are most appealing. On a more personal note, I am a gadget freak and am continuously troubleshooting, solving problems and maintaining my computer and that of my friends and peers. I enjoy keeping things optimized. you know the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, tweak it"

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Kanuchi
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … i/advanced
Mainspec: Mistreaver, ilvl 395
Offspec: Windwalker, ilvl 392
Professions:  Alchemy 600 (potion master) / Inscription 600 / Cooking 600

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

I have my gear optimized according to icy-vains, noxxic and in combination with my addon reforger. I am willing to respect according to raiding standards if needed depending on the situation.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?

I maximize the valor cap on a weekly basis as much as I can and try to upgrade the highest gear ilvl (heroic gear)

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Mistreavers:

After watching many video guides about mistreaver since the beta I liked it's mechanics when it comes combining chi with mana usage. The key to Mistweaver healing and the intention of this Mistweaver priority-rotation is to balance out the use and generation of Chi to conserve and replenish Mana and maintain the Renewing Mist HOT and Serpent’s Zeal AOE Heal while using Soothing Mist with Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist depending on needs and situation.

Mistweaver Rotation/Priority:
- maintaining renewing mist up as soon as CD is out.
- make use of thunder focus tea to refresh the CD of the exsisting renewing mist
- use soothing mist with enveloping mist on a single target as soon as 3 chi is available
- use surging mist whenever needed to patch up heavy damage
- make use of blackout kick for serpent's zeal (depending if the healing role is melee healing)
- use uplift / chi wave if chi is capped to patch up heavy raid damage on the renewing mist targets
- stack up on mana tea if mana is low (shouldn't be an issue if spirit is highly maintained)
-  Use Expel Harm/Jab/Crackling Jade Lightning to get chi up (luckily in 5.2 mistreavers get more chi by using soothing mist as well. they want us to be more distant healers as jab's mana has been increased (/QQ)
- Use Spinning Crane Kick for AOE heal-through-damage

Windwalker
I really enjoy the damage rotation of the windwalker spec. the best hit and expertise cap should be at 15% in raiding situations if you go up against a boss encounter. the priority-rotation is to balance the generation and regeneration of Chi and Energy and maintain the RSK debuff and Tiger Power buff while keeping a close eye on Tigereye Brew charges and Combo Breaker Mastery procs. once 10 stacks are maintained the tiger eye brew can be popped in order to gain 20% damage increase. it's ideal for raid CD when needed an additional boost. I am hoping to play and gear up more with this spec as I enjoy it's mechanics.   

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I don't have a level 90 alt, because I mainly focusing on my monk. Oddly enough I started leveling up my paladin which is a DPSer/Tank and is level 88. it's a bit odd considering I used to always play a druid in the past. I just wanted to take a twist of turn. I also have a lvl 85 shaman, priest, mage. and of course druid and paladin. all of them are on this realm. 

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/ … st/kanuchi I hope this helps. 

Which pve addons do you use?

skada
healbot
renewing mist tracker
DBM
ReforgeLite
Omen
Zygor Guide ^^

I update my addons automatically through the curse client in which I use a premium account on.

Show us your UI.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7205/wowscrnshot030513224205.jpg

I try to maintain as clean UI as possible in order to have a good overview on the battlefield.

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

wow where do I begin. way back in vanilla I started my hardcore career on the server Tarren Mill on a guild called <twenty four seven> then moved to a guild called <Fate has fans>. The guild was highest of its ranks on the pre BC, it was however broken when TBC was released. Many of my good friends were scattered or quit because of that. so I decided to take my leave to a completely different and unknown server by the name of Daggerspine. I didn’t know anyone there and was looking for a good place to start, I was invited into a guild called <solo> and met many good friends there, as we proceeded into karazhan and beyond. However… their raiding standards didn’t meet my demands. I tried different guilds there as well. such as <the Sea Dogs> but due to lack of people we were unable to proceed.  after much soul searching I ended up on Stormreaver in a guild called <dark ritual> in order to enter I had to reroll a shaman which was just released. I played a shaman for many years. Eventually Cinderchord entered the guild. he experienced me as a shaman and a druid. Merobo and Smoker were also part of Dark Ritual back on stormreaver. After many debates many of my friends left the guild. eventually after dark ritual was bleeding out, I sought out Cinderchord here on Ravencrest where we raided many instances on <Dawnstar>. one by one people started leaving and to to my biggest surprised discovered Merobo and Smoker in Enigma order as well. Cinderchord and I became very good friends and now that he is there with you as 5.2 approaches I was contacted by my former guild leader from Dark Ritual to join them. But I turned him down after I discovered Enigma Order just in time where all my former dark ritual friends are now playing in. Being with people who you are comfortable playing with enhances play styles and performance. 

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

I am very flexible and prepared when it comes to raiding whenever needed. should it be hindered I give a valid reason for it. I was chosen by Cinderchord to be part of his 10 man heroic team after the previous 25 man attempts were failing due to the lack of people, which says enough. 

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

not that I'm aware of. I am getting married on the end of December but nothing I couldn't handle. I will be available whenever needed. 

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

I familiarize myself with many different ways to heal in any given situation during the raid. Using cooldowns accordingly when needed. I spoke to many other monk healers and made a comparison in their playing style and adapted in different ways. I learned many new things, experimented with alternative specs and used different healing method when in ranged of melee. the rotations I use was specified earlier in my application. The rest is all about trying and adjusting. I am haste capped for the additional renewing mist tick

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

first off make sure I am well prepared with flasks and food buffs required for the fight. Then I try to read on tactics through icy-vains since they are usually one of the first to write nice tactics and watch youtube videos from fatboss to see it all in action in order to have the proper expectations and see the mechanics in action. But the best way to learn is to actually try the encounter ourselves as a team. no one is perfect on their first tries, but it's vitally important to know your class, your role in the encounter and how to act out for the best outcome for yourself and the rest of the raid. 

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).

well since I play a monk on MoP and it has a different playing style compared to my previous healing toons, I'll take it from there. I used to be assigned by Cinderchord to be in a rotation to take up the pheromones during the Garalon fight in heart of fear. when my predecessor had around 15 to 20 stacks I would cut in to take over the fixation, staying around the corners until he casts his furious swipe and move to the next corner. until I reached the amount of stack, keeping myself up with life cacoon, renewing mist and uplift. popping a healthstone if needed to maintain a high health level. The research I did was by watching the mechanics from a different perspective as a DPSer which I would be delighted to switch if needed. 

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

Oh I have so many reasons to join you and I would be very enthausiastic to do so. first off, while I was raiding in dawnstar, I used to be in touch with Merobo and Smoker from time to time and they tried to convince me to join the guild as I played with them with much pleasure back on dark ritual. and now that Cinderchord joined you (the main reason why I remained in dawnstar) it only added additional oil to the fire. in overall, I want to join the guild not just for progression but being able to be reunited with my friends who I enjoy playing with outside Dark Ritual.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

I expect to experience the fullest of what the game has to offer from a high end guild. To be able to be part of well experienced and mature people who are friendly, helpful and understanding. To give and take on equal standards.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

check, where do I sign? 

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

If I am unsure of things I whisper the class leader or officer depending on who supplies the roles. I am trying to get things clarified in advance, but every guild has a different playing style which can be in a different approach then some guides. so if I have a curtain role, who to focus heal for example. I am not shy about it. I just ask and double check. It's better to ask and be prepared properly then to sit back in silent and fail miserably. There is no such thing as silly questions, just silly answers wink

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

Some people tend to escape reality and sharpen their reflexes when working as a team to have it reflect back on their daily lives. its a similar question as to why do people like to be in championships on first person shooters, it's because they feel the need to achieve something whether it's solo or in a team. it's a personal achievement some people see in themselves and are proud of it. I'm a perfectionist, if I reinstall my computer I won't ever sleep until all the programs are installed. Same goes with killing bosses. I'd stay for that additional try just to have a bit of progress.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

not exactly, I just want to be reunited with my friends and add my arsenal on abilities to have progress in your raids ^^ oh and on a side note, I own a reforging mount should raiders be needing to reforge on the spot which is quite useful and helpful

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2553407280.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

ooh this is my favorite part. I'm running windows 8 and update drivers on a regular basis. these are my specs

CPU: Intel core i7-3960X extreme clocked to 4Ghz (latest BIOS revision installed)
mobo: Asus Rampage IV extreme
memory: 24 GB internal memory
GPU: 2x Nvidia Geforce 680GTX in SLI
HDD: 2x 126GB SSD running in raid 0 (OCZ vertex 3) and 2x 1TB running in raid 0 for storage in a different raid array.

I am a tweaker, everything is updated and my system is running smooth on highest settings. it's my pride and joy

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

yes I can

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

I am using Skype and got apps on my iphone in which I am always available. plus I am also using Mobile armory in which I regularly check on

Last edited by Kanuchi (2013-03-06 08:17:23)

#2 2013-03-06 01:48:12

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Kanuchi, Mistreaver monk - accepted

Cheers. The previous version did seem a wee bit akward.

Thanks again for the application. Back with you very soon.

#3 2013-03-06 03:14:41

Kanuchi
Guild Member

Lamme wrote:

Cheers. The previous version did seem a wee bit akward.

Thanks again for the application. Back with you very soon.

Thank you for removing the awkward incomplete app I made earlier, as you can see I decided to put that extra effort into creating this new one. I'd like to get to know more of you and the rest as well. I believe you know me back on stormreaver, I went by the name of Kanute.

Oh and to add things up, I have the reforging mount should raiders need to instantly reforge whenever needed smile looking forward to chat more with you in game and to join your ranks. Have a good day.

#4 2013-03-06 17:05:53

Lamme
Guildmaster

I most certainly do remember you back from Stormreaver. As I already wrote in the original, broken application which is now deleted - it doesn't happen often that I manage to fish a player I wanted in the team for yours.

I'm very happy to say that you are hearby -

Accepted

Board footer