Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-03-05 18:28:39

Rehgoth
Uncertified member

Rehgoth, Blood Death Knight - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: 8/10
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:

I have been playing world of warcraft since my older brother introduced it to me when I was around 12 years old. Loved it since day one. Now with wow's current state of game play, I feel like the only way I can enjoy it is to play the endgame content, like heroic raids and other achievements world of warcraft has to offer.
During Cataclysm I got every class up to level 85 and were able to play every spec. After mop got launched I haven't had time to level that many characters up yet, so I spend most of my time playing wow on my main.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Rehgoth
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … h/advanced
Mainspec: Blood
Offspec: Unholy
Professions: Engineering, Mining.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.

I've done my homework and research by looking at tons of different guides, as well as finding the build that suits me the most. At the moment I am favoring mastery above avoidance, as it gives me more burst control of how much damage I will take. Of course, I am always open for suggestions if there's any obvious improvements to my gemming, reforging or enchanting.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?

When I am actively raiding in a raiding team, keeping my gear optimized will always be my top priority. As the item upgrade feature is removed in the next patch, I suppose we have to spend our valor on something else.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:

Death knight has always been a very different tanking class compared to the other tanking classes. We don't have a shield to block damage, and we don't have a thick layer of fur and fat to take a few punches. Because of this people who doesn't know our class will assume that we are a victim to burst damage, but that's not always the case. You just have to play the class right.

The current state of death knights when it comes to mitigate damage is to actually take damage first, followed up with self healing and blood shields, that are increased by the damage we took in the first place. With the proper rotation and regeneration of our runes this constant dropping, self healing and shielding will always help us to stay alive at the same level as the other tanking classes, if not even better in certain boss fights.

The biggest downside with death knight tanking that I've experienced is based on bad luck like lack of rune procs in a row. This will sometimes make my character rune starved, being unable to continue to mitigate damage with my death strikes. This can fortunately be avoided by popping a short timed cooldown like vampiric blood or bone shield in case I get unlucky. Though I prefer to save my cooldowns for when they are really needed, like a boss mechanic or ability.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

I've mainly focused on my death knight main since mop got launched as I simply don't have much time to play more than one. I currently have one active alt; a windwalker monk.
As monks are a new class, I am sure there's a lot of things I could do to improve my play style and stat priority to maximize the dps. Though I think my alt is lacking gear a lot.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … a/advanced

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/ … t/Rehgoth/
Shamelessly copied this of my former guild master that recently got accepted into your guild, Cinderchord. I didn't know this site existed, but it'll do.

Which pve addons do you use?

Deadly boss mods, recount / skada, moveanything, target percent health, button timers and MSBT.
I prefer keeping it simple using the stock UI as I've always liked it and how simple and clean it is. I am always open for suggestions for additional addons to improve my game play.

Show us your UI.

http://i.imgur.com/BoRfEFB.jpg

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):

In the end of wotlk I was in a heroic progressing guild called Masquerade. I think we cleared pretty much everything in ICC 25 man heroic except lich king himself. The guild split apart at the cataclysm launch.
I then joined a normal progressing guild called out of gravity, but due to most of the members not taking progress too seriously when we first started clearing the first cata content, the guild split up pretty fast as well. I then joined a guild and stayed with it until dragon soul came out that was called OMG lasers pew pew pew, another normal progressing guild. I left them after months of being, ahem, literally treated like crap by them. I still don't understand to this day why I didn't get fed up with it earlier.
I then joined a guild called Dawnstar. We were a 25 man semi core guild. I sticked with them for a while after they've already cleared the normal content of dragon soul, and joined them for the first heroic boss kills as well until I decided to take a break from wow until MOP launched. We've cleared 16/16 normal and began doing heroic progress in msv 25 a few months ago.
A few weeks ago I got a few problems with my new gaming rig. My graphics card had to be sent back to the company so they could check it for issues, and a few days later I got a refund for it as they didn't have any similar graphics card in stock. I then ordered a new one and it arrived a few days later. I had informed my guild about this since I got the problems in the first place and that I would be back shortly. By the time I got back, the guild had failscaded and became a 10 man raiding guild instead because of the lack of healers showing up for our 25 man heroic progress. I then noticed that I was demoted to member, and I was no longer part of the main raiding team.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

I should be able to attend to every raid. I recently got my new part time job, but at the moment I only work at the weekends (friday 15:00-23:15, and saturday 08:00-15:00).
I will also get more shifts as the weeks pass by, but I've already informed my manager that I will only be able to work during the day at week days and we've agreed to that.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

I doubt there will be any, but in case my boss makes a special request of me and not just an extra shift, I will let you know by a text message that I will be late / not being able to attend to the raid. This is of course highly unlikely to happen at all.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):

I love my class. I have been playing as death knight since the beta and I've always liked how we have two different resource systems (runic power and runes). I keep myself updated with my own class by carefully reading the notes whenever there's any change to my class and I learn to adapt from that. I also take my time to read different guides and take tips from other players around me.
All in all I see myself as decently skilled and I should be able to perform any task that you ask of me as a death knight tank.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):

I keep myself updated while the new content are still in the ptr. I read notes and updates from the PTR almost every time I have the time to see whenever a new boss fight is out for testing and how the ptr testers finds the fight. I read a lot on mmo-champion to get this information, as well as watching ptr video guides of people who try out the new fights on the ptr servers.
Another good source of information about a new fight is also through the in game journal. It explains the basic mechanics of the fight ahead and I personally find it very helpful. Watching new guides from the live servers from other guilds who has already done the first boss fights are also very helpful, as well as reading some basic guides too, but I don't prefer only reading a guide and then call it a day.

Tell us about a single fight where you had some particular assignment, what it was, how you approached it, what research did you do (a good example for dps players used to be Spine of Deathwing heroic).

In some fights tanks get a special assignment to deal with a core mechanic of a fight. There are some of these fights in mop, but not a lot of them. Not a lot that I can't deal with at least.
When we first encountered Elegon in MSV I took advantage of the increased healing done you get whenever you stand inside the energy vortex. As a death knight tank with a lot of self healing this worked like a charm and I was able to take a lot more stacks than any of the other tanking classes would do during this boss fight.
This was something we easily understood by reading the manual and reading the notes of the buff we got when we stood on the platform. Like I said earlier, there's some boss mechanics that my class can take advantage of to perform better than some other of the tanking classes. This also applies to them for certain fights as well.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:

You've always been around the top guilds on Ravencrest since mop got launched and you seem like a solid guild of choice. As my current guild recently had to remove most of the people in the raiding team (including me) due to becoming a 10 man raiding guild, I've mostly sat here and waited in case they would need me again. With the new patch right around the corner with a new raid and zone, I'd like to be a part of a raiding team again so I can experience the new raid right away at launch.
I recently heard the news about my guild master in Dawnstar leaving to join your guild, and that caught my interests. Cinderchord was an amazing raid leader and I envy his skill of leadership when it comes to leading an entire raid guild. I'd love to follow him to fight next to him, as well as fighting with TEO.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:

I expect good progress from our raids, as well as a friendly environment in the guild and between each individual guild mate. I am not a big fan of drama and unnecessary downtime spent on things that are irrelevant to the raiding progress. I expect every player in the raid to be fairly equal when it comes to performance, damage done, healing done and focus. I've experienced being in some guilds where a few to many people in the raiding team are almost ''carried'' to some degree. I rather avoid that.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

They look fine and fair to me. There's nothing I feel like I have to comment on.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:

Asking for advice from other guild mates would be the first thing I'd do. If I have any further questions about the topic or if I don't feel satisfied with the information I've been given, I'll do a quick research.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:

I have been playing this game for a very long time and always liked it. Mists of Pandaria might seem like a dull expandtion to some, but I personally love where blizzard is taking this story. It has made me interested in the end game content, making me wanting to find out more of the story behind all of this.
Wow is an mmorpg, I love the social parts of the game where you actually have to band together with other players to achieve great things in the game. I get excitement out of the game when I progress through heroic bosses. The 1% kills, the intense battles to kill the boss before they enrages or do a deadly ability. It gets my heart pumping and it gives me a reason to keep playing the game.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.

I'd like to add that I know that you're currently not looking for additional tanks, but I am applying because I know you are a dedicated guild with great people with great potential. Perhaps you'd like to give me a chance, maybe a tank leaves and you get an open spot. Maybe a spot for your alt raids or a second raiding team.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2552475556.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Recently got a new rig. Should do it just fine.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz (3.8 GHz turbo)
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 680 4GB PhysX CUDA
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, Socket-2011
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
Harddrive: Seagate Barracudaź 1TB

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?

That's alright.

EDIT: A few words here and there. Added color to text to make it easier to read.

Last edited by Rehgoth (2013-03-05 19:07:10)

#2 2013-03-05 19:40:14

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Rehgoth, Blood Death Knight - declined

Thank you for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

#3 2013-03-11 17:25:31

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Rehgoth, Blood Death Knight - declined

At this point of time the tanking "team" (i.e. duo) is finalized and closed. As such, I'm afraid there isn't very much we can offer.

You are welcomed to stay with the guild as a social member, but as far as raiding spot goes, this one is -

Declined

Board footer