•  » Machalphelp - Night Elf, Balance druid - accepted

#1 2013-06-25 11:23:16

Machalphelp
Guild Member

Machalphelp - Night Elf, Balance druid - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: i would say itīs above average
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
In my free time i enjoy playing wow and i play it alot, but i also enjoy other stuff. I play in drums in a band and im also training to keep my body fit smile
When i play wow i enjoy raiding and Pet Battles. Yes i did say Pet battles which some people find odd but i think they are fun.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Machalphelp
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … elp/simple
Mainspec: Balance, This have allways been my mainspec ever since i created this char back in 2008
Offspec: Right now itīs resto, but i dont enjoy healing on a druid so im changeing it to feral or guardian. This also means that i at the moment dont have any usefull offspec.
Professions:
I have Tailoring and Enchanting.
These are some of the best professions i can have for raiding. They provide cloak enchant proc from Tailoring and a ring enchant from Enchanting which boosts my general performance. They also provide a good profit so i can easly keep up to date with raid surplies even though i dont have time to farm the mats for potions, flasks etc.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.
Im allways optimising my gear, this is one of the reasons i pref dps classes. I just feel there is more to uptimise when you play dps.
Im not useing Mr. Robot but im useing something called Wrathcalcs. Itīs because itīs easy to use and provide you with the best resault.
Heres a link to download it if you want to check it out: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114017-bal … calcs/p58/
(Itīs the link in the top comment)
with my current gear im going all out on crit. I would love to go haste build and get the next breakpoint, but with my current gear it have been better. I will get my legendary cloak next reset (26/6-2013) so after that i will check it out again and see if it will be posible.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?
Yes i do. I enjoy doing Hc scenarios so iīll do atleast one of them every day, and then if i missed some i just finish it of with dungeons tuesdays.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Pros: Balance druids provides really good utility. HoTw is an on demand 45sec healer, tank or melee dps. But even outside of HoTw we provide healing. Dps wise we bring some good burst if we choose incarnation, and we bring good overall damage if we choose FoN. We can also pick Natureīs Vigil, but this makes us loose some utility and should only be used for fights with a damage multiplier, such as horridon or fights where burst is essentiel, For example if we get another Spine of Deathwing. (Lets hope that never happens!). In short, as a balance druid we bring good utility and good burst.
Cons: Here theres one thing that pulls us down. Movement. As soon as you have to move as a balance druid, your dps is going down alot. You can try to keep it up by going all out on crit so you can keep useing Starsurge with Ss procs. But this is luck depended sad.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
I have a Shaman called noomish: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ish/simple
This is my "main alt". It took me really long to get a second char to lvl 90 since the time requirment was just too high. I changed server from Aerie Peak to Ravencrest just before MoP, and since i think the realm transfer cost is too high i had to lvl from lvl 1. Im a combination of Elemental and Resto on this char, i dont know what to pick so itīs somewhat half half. But since i doesnt raid on it at all, im not pressed to make a decition.
I also have a Monk called Brewfreak: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … eak/simple
I lvled this becaues i wanted a tank in lvl 90. I consider myself to be good at playing it but gear is lacking alot and i just dont like LFR so im not doing it every week, specially not on my 2nd alt.

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
These logs have been done with ilvl 530 and should therefor be slightly better now, but nothing huge because i still ahve the same weapon and trinkets.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ziv6rqw9oymbkuhf/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2 … dashboard/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8 … dashboard/
These 3 logs are from the 12/6-2013 reset. We got 2 progress bosses down this reset and therefor my talents choises are not for optimal dps performance but 100% focused on the utility we needed to kill thoes bosses.
If you want more logs, just ask.

Which pve addons do you use?
I use Bigwigs and boss mod.
Elvui to replace the blizzard UI, it have itīs upsides and downsides but mostly upsides.
Balance Power Tracker (BPT) for my eclipse bar, since it shows my expected energy when im casting the spell and not just the energy when the spell hits the boss, Its not really needed in MoP since you can just count wraths and starfires, but i got used to it in cata so i just stick with it.
Weak Auras is the last raid addon i use. Itīs just to keep track of my procs, im currently thinking of a new and better way to use weak auras to keep full track of my cooldowns.

Show us your UI.
http://imageshack.dk//viewimage.php?fil … g48100.jpg
Thats the closest to a raid screenshot i have atm

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
I started doing raid in the start of Wotlk, but i was too young. I did not understand anything of what was going on so i just didnt work out. I did pugs untill T10, then i finally joined a guild. At this point i was a Aerie Peak, the i guild i joined was Trauma. This was a guild formed by leftovers from the servers best guilds. We managed to down 11/12hc pretty fast, though i wasnt in for Sindragosa. When we got to The Lich king we where kinda burned out so it ended up just being farm raids for a long time. Then it was announced that in Cata 10 and 25man raids would drob the same loot, so the guild turned 10man. I was not in the raiding group here since i wasnt good enough.
I had a break from raiding for a month or so while seeking for a new guild. I joined Reflex. It was not a good guild progress wise, they raided 3 times a week which fitted really good with my real life. They managed to get 4 Hc killes in t11, but for a change i was here one of the raiders with 100% perticipation so i was in for all the kills. But then like all guilds at that time on Aerie Peak, We started to lack raiders, so we had 2x 10man raid groups. We tryed to recruit ppl to get 25man going, but in the middle of Tier 12 we decided that we had now spend half a year trying to get a 25man going, and we just couldnt get enough people. We therefor merged the a guild i think was called Nullus anxietus. They had the same problem as us and we where kinda equal on progress. It worked out for the rest of Firelands, but when Ds came out, some people got tired of the lack of progress and unclear leadership so we left the raidgroup and made our own in the guild that now had 900 people so it was easy to "hide". After a while i took the decition with two other people to go back to reflex and start that guild up again. We had played with each other for nearly two years so we knew our strong and weak sides. We managed to build up a strong 10man team that did good on progress. We only raided for 6hours a week but still got 6/8hc after just a month of raiding (20% buff was out at this point). When summer hit, half of the raid group went for a summer break, so we splitted up. I took the decition to join another guild because i was burned out of raidleading and couldnt be arsed to set up a new raid group ones more. It was at this point i joined Stasis.
Before MoP i hit i got 8/8 hc with Stasis. MoP came out and we started to raid after ppl have had time to gear up. We managed to get started with normals fast and was 2nd on the realm to kill the 3 first bosses of that tier. That was pretty much there it started to go down for stasis. Some ppl didnt like the more hardcore way that we went for a 10man the first week and that we start really early because we wanted to try get some high rankings just for the fun of it. More and more people left and at newyear we lost two officers and a raidleader. The officer kept the guild running and we managed to get 4/6hc Msv and 2/6hc HoF that tier. But it was not looking good for stasis at this point. We had a raid leader that enjoy rageing at people and therefor more and more left. We tryed to recruit to keep 25man going in ToT. We also had old members comming back for the new tier. We got 6/12normal really fast but then we didnt have people for a 25man raid and we went for a single 10man before the reset was over. This made people rage about being benched so we ended up not having enough ppl to raid 25man at all when we got to Lei Shen normal. After that it have been 25man on and off but mainly off. We have gotten 1/13hc in 25man atm, but we still havent downed Lei Shen on 25man coz we cannot keep the attendence up. Right now the officers have chosen to stop all 25man raiding untill 5.4 hits and only do 10man runs untill that point. We are doing acceptable in 10mans 4/13hc atm and 2 progress bosses on a week (This is the weeks the logs are from) but i still think itīs time for me to find a new guild because stasis isnt what i think stasis should be. And thats why im here smile (my progress in short is below)

Wotlk:
Naxx: Cleared on 10man Normal with Pug
Ulduar: Cleared first 6 Normal with Pug
ToC: 1/5Hc with Pug
Icc: 11/12hc With Trauma

Cata:
BoT: 1/5hc - BWD 3/6hc - Tofw 0/2 hc with Reflex
Firelands: 6/7hc with Reflex and Nullus
Ds: 6/8hc with Reflex last 2 with Stasis but wasnt progress

MoP:
Msv: 4/6hc -  HoF 1/6hc - Toes 0/2hc with Stasis
ToT: 4/13hc with Stasis (10man)

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
I should be able to make the raid on all 3 days. I would love to say that i would have close to 100% attendence but i think 85-95% is more realistic. Iīve had 90% in the year iīve been in stasis.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
I would say that the Monday raid might become slightly difficult to make every single week. But we are talking 5min delay.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
I know it inside and out. I allways keep up to date with the newest changes to my class and spec. Iīve been playing it since Wotlk start so i have alot of experience with it. I also like to test things out myself and if i cannot provide the dps i should be able to with a sertain talent, iīll run various content to improve. Right now i have a problem getting my FoN to do the 10% damage iīve heard i can do. Im stuck at 8-9% at good attempts, but this just means prectice, which is also a part of being a raider.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):
Im useally checking up all tactics on the net as soon as i can. I then try to see if theres a fight that is kind the same in terms of mechanics. Then i either go play that raid instance or i look up specific tips if i cannot think of a "related" boss. But in general im really good at learning the fight from "just" seeing a video and reading up on it. One of my strong sides as a player is that im good at getting the mechanics correct the first few times, But my downside is that the first few times, dps suffer from this.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
Iīve heard about you from Sympath. He was a monk in stasis for a couple of months. I chose The Enigma Order because you seems like good players that have the same objectives as i do. You also raid 25man and you only raid 3times a week which is really important for me, since i also want time to real life.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
I expect a solid guild with friendly players that takes raiding seriously. I also expect a good atmosphere while raiding. An atosphere where you get yelled at for every minor mistake is not what a game should be like.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Iīve under stood them and i think they are really good. Theres not too many and not too few rules.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:
Tactic wise i ask the raidleader if it is during a raid. If it is outside a raid i speak with other raiders if theres something i do not understand. If i think i have a really good suggestion how to improve our tactics iīll tell the raidleader. If i have a question about my class, a change or something i dont understand. Then iīll either look up on Mmo-champion or elitejerks balance druid forums, ask some other balance druids in the game that iīve played with earlier, or iīll ask the other druids in the guild.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
I play wow because i enjoy it. Itīs relaxing. I like raiding Semi-hardcore raiding and that requires you to spend time on a game. My objectives are to defeat heroic bosses, as many as posible. Beside that i have an objective to have every single battle pet in game in lvl 25 rare version before 6.0 comes out.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
I would like to include that i know a couple of ppl in The Enigma Order. I know Sympath (Or sympen and he used to be called) i also know Tonihii. I know both from their time in stasis.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
This is not currently posible for me as we are swapping internet connection so it will be outdated if a few days anyway. But i rarely DC and i useally run with 40-50 Ms, both home and world, and with my new connection i will only get better.

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed Memoty (RAM): 6,00GB (5,86 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

I have had this computer since the summer 2010 so itīs nearly 3 years. Lately i reinstalled it so itīs working just fine.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes to both of them

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
Do i have a choise? smile Yes itīs okay

Last i would like to add something that might pospone my application. Im takeing on a summer vacation to norway/sweden from the 10th to the 21th Juli. 21 is the lates it will be, iīll most likely be home around the 18th of Juli.

#2 2013-06-25 13:51:50

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Machalphelp - Night Elf, Balance druid - accepted

Thanks for the application, we will get back to you shortly.

#3 2013-06-25 17:01:23

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Machalphelp - Night Elf, Balance druid - accepted

Accepted

• Index
  •  » Recruiting
  •  » Machalphelp - Night Elf, Balance druid - accepted

Board footer