Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-06-30 02:57:14

DrMazrou
Guild Member

Dimous, Assassination Rogue - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your english: English* wink
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I am a gamer since I was 4 years old. My life is made up of games. starting from old Mario game to pepsi man and Crash in PS1 to Metal Gear in PS1, 2 and 3. I am a medical student big_smile and most of all I like making new friends smile

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Dimous
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ous/simple
Mainspec: Assassination
Offspec: Combat
Professions: Alchemy, Engineering

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates, please explain the reasoning.
I only change a bit from Mr. Robot because it requirs me to completely stack up mastery. Mastery is best for me but at some point I will have very high amount of Mastery more than I really need. That is why I do some Haste instead of complete Mastery.
For Gemming and enchants, I will always gem and enchat my armor even if I am going to use it for one day. at many time I have some of the important gems and enchants in bag incase i get a new item to enchant it right away.

Do you get enough valor on a weekly basis to upgrade your gear as much as possible?
I always get capped on VP

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
Pros: it is really good in single target fights that does not require a lot of change of targets. It is very op in two bosses fights like Twins if the player know how to play their rogue.
Cons: since I am a rogue and my first damage done is by poisons, changing the target will always screwup my dots, poisons and rotation.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:
I have 3 level 90 alts, two good geared and one is low geared
the two good geared are:
1) Dambes, Druid Tank il517 ( i play it very well, as I understand it) Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … bes/simple
2) Bomirla, Disc Priest il513 (I also play with it and actually I really enjoy playing it big_smile) Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … rla/simple

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
this is the last record for me in LFR twins (note it is LFR so some slacking tongue and no flask)
WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2whwuhty0pw4qcsb/

Which pve addons do you use?
1) Skada
2) DBM
3) Recount
4) Rainbowprocs

Show us your UI.

Raiding Experience (be thourough here, the more information you give us, the better; both pre-MoP and present progress is interesting for us; tell us about previous guilds):
I joined the game at cata, raided on one of my friend's chr called (Huntersoul) I only played DS normal before I buy an account for my self. In MoP I got MSV, HoF and ToeS normal with some HCs (before 5.2). and 2/13 HC in ToT

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
Yes I can join all of them.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
No.

Why are you good at playing your class (don't qoute Elitist Jerks, don't give us the stuff every semi decent guide holds; convince us you're good your own way):
First of all, you really have to love your chr to be able to give it all. I am attached to my Gnome so much that even if I have a bad luck with it I keep trying. for example: I played with LFR HoF feet from 1st day LFR was released until 2 weeks ago where I got the il522 feet. so I played with it spending coins and everything to get the feet. yet i kept playing him. I studied my toon, looked up to best rogues in world and compared my performance with them and always try to improve my self.

When approaching new content, a fight that both you and the raid will try for the first time, how do you prepare (be precise here, "I read tactics on internet" doesn't cut it; we seen our share of players who" knew tactics for all bosses" and then failed miserably in terms of actual preparations):
I watch videos, I also read the journal to completely understand it. I also try to figure out if I can avoid the abilities try to figure out if I can help in making better tactics. ofc I have a friend got 11 HC, I ask him about the actual fight.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
I do not really recall how I heard the name of the guild, but when I picked your guild I looked into the raid progress, also the players in raid. I figured out that this guild might be a good new home for me.

What do you expect from us, as a guild:
I expect to be respected all the times, I do not really care about the loots because eventually loot will come by time. I also do not mind wiping on new hard bosses but I do not like to fail too much.

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yes I read them.

When unsure about any aspect of the game, be that tactics, class specific assignments, how do you proceed:
I first looking in forums, if i do not get my question answered I go to chat in-game and try to get someone who understand to answer me.

Why do you play WoW, what are your objectives, why commit more than 10 hours a week to a computer game:
Major reason is that I want to enjoy and have fun. As I said I am a gamer after all.

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application.
I want to add what the guild expect from me: I am a nice guy, I always accept to be corrected, helped when I fail. I also understand being benched for any reason. I respect everyone in guild as long as I gain the respect. I will always try my best to improve. I looked up to your rogues in guild, they are geared very well, I know that I will not be able to catch them up in DPS because of gear difference but I will be doing more than the expected dps.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2805634357.png note: this test was done on the house DSL. I usually use my 4G intenet connection which is way much faster than this but atm it is with my friend. I will post the results when I get it tomorrow.

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.
i7 windows, 2GB screen card with 8GB ram. 2.4-3.2 mghtz

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Yes

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
sure smile

One apple a day, keeps the doctor away.

#2 2013-06-30 16:27:28

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Dimous, Assassination Rogue - accepted

Thanks for the application, please provide a link presenting your proper pve set (hint: Warglaive od Azzinoth doesn't help).

How good is your english: English* wink

Touche.

#3 2013-06-30 19:24:41

DrMazrou
Guild Member

I am really sorry for this, was showing it to a friend new to game smile
here you go http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … ous/simple

thanks for your reply.

#4 2013-07-02 19:35:56

Lamme
Guildmaster

In light of our in game chat, for now -

Declined

#5 2013-07-30 01:36:22

DrMazrou
Guild Member

Thanks for opening the application!
this post is meant to be as an update of what happened during the time I applied until the time I talked to you today!
First of all I got 3 more HC kills on my rogue to be 5/13 HC exp and I got slightly better gear as an upgrade and two or 3 new HC items.
Second and last my alts were also improved so I got slightly better gear on them specially the disc I think will be very good in guild alts run with some HCs.
Third and last I also got improved somehow playing my lovely gnome smile

that's all i think and I am ready for any question!
thank you..!!

#6 2013-07-30 18:59:49

Lamme
Guildmaster

Thanks for the update. Please be informed that we are ona brief summer break until August the 10th, therefore we may take a little more time than the usual assessing your application.

#7 2013-08-06 17:10:04

Lamme
Guildmaster

We have by no means forgotten about you - we generally do not forget gnomes easily. As previously mentioned we are currently having a little break - it's awful - thus the delay. That said, it won't take much longer.

#8 2013-08-10 15:37:13

Lamme
Guildmaster

Sudden gnome related change of heart. Disregard the earlier response.

Accepted

#9 2015-10-20 12:05:06

Lamme
Guildmaster

Old application, but the information about the player remains valid.

Board footer