The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-09-04 12:18:15

Lamme
Guildmaster

"5.4 anchors the lore building up to the next expansion..."

So they say that some events brought by patch 5.4 are supposed to set in motion what will later develop into the milestone for the next expansion. Bored as I was, I gave this some thoughts and it seems rather vague. The adventure with sha in Pandaria ends, the horde vs aliance aspect of it ends, so I expect something from a whole different department. At the same time, I personally don't think it's Burning Legion time, not yet. Then recently I saw the preview of this seemingly off-topic 5.4 quest chain - Visions of Time: Courting Destiny (it's still on the first page of mmo-champion, I only read the text, did not watch the movie). In a nutshell, we will be asked to do a little bit of farming of whatever and then we will visit different places weekly, completing some tasks to charge up a machine allowing for toying with the timeline (gross simplification).

Despite the name of the new, Timeless, Isle, this whole idea strikes me as so completely disconnected from actual 5.4 events, that I'd carefully place my bet this may well be the introduction to the next exansion. This would give them some much needed leeway lore wise, they could baically make us dow whatever and whenever they feel like and still argue it makes sense (which I don't mind). They also just about officially announced they will be bringing some old raids back, to let players experience them in a non-solo manner. The latter actually worries me, I'd hate if at some point Illidan would, again, be a villain we'd be focusing on.

Just my speculations with no impact at all, but I found it interesting.

#2 2013-09-09 12:59:25

Baqa
Guild Member

Re: "5.4 anchors the lore building up to the next expansion..."

Whats left from the original lore though? Azshara and Sargeras? Not entirely sure if Kiljaeden was beaten, or just sent back either.

#3 2013-09-09 20:52:34

Grimbold
Guild Member

Going down into Azshara

#4 2013-09-09 23:49:46

Lamme
Guildmaster

Not that original lore seems to be a limit for developers, MoP being quite an example.

#5 2013-09-13 12:28:53

ensiferrum
Uncertified member

I would think next expansion should be The Naga homeland, or invading Twisting Nether.

#6 2013-09-13 14:02:19

Manigon
Guild Member

Pretty sure that the next patch will be about the Emerald Dream.

#7 2013-09-23 15:21:52

Wushka
Guild Member

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/18/know- … ark-below/
They don't mention the Aqir as a possible theme, but other than that there's some solid speculation going on in that article tongue

My reasoning for an Aqir themed expo is tied into Medans lore, and his absence from WoW lore so far, combined with "the new guardian of tirisfal" stuff we had going on in Cataclysm, which was never fully resolved. But my speculation is relatively farfetched compared to some of the other stuff i've read tongue

Board footer