You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-09-25 18:40:30

Mana
Uncertified member

Mana - Human Arcane Mage - declined

Hello gals and guys,

This is my first attempt at writing an application to get promoted within TEO from Member status to Testmember.

How good is your English: Decent enough, I lived in the english speaking part of Canada for about 3 years back when I was a youngin'.
Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in: I'm a bit older than your average gamer as I turned 38 a few months ago, I'm a different type of gamer because I am a disabled gamer, I use specific addons, macros and hardware in order to be able to play online games. Concerning my World of Warcraft character/experience I am what you could call a veteran sporting no less than 905 days worth of played time and going strong at it (and that's without counting the alts) in other words, as you can probably guess, I am not going to quit anytime soon. I also happen to be a "known" gamer by Blizzard Europe since their Headquarters are in France as well and within a 20 kilometers radius of my home place. I was there for the Mists of Pandaria launch/event in Paris, had a "staff badge" that would allow me to go backstage and hang with the technicians and the rest of the crew, I got the chance to meet the designer team who flew in from the US including Greg Street aka Ghostcrawler himself. Although I am different type of gamer due to real life reasons, I also happen to be a different type of gamer within the game. Most players define themselves either as PvE raiders or PvP players, I however fit a bit in and out of both categories, a mix'n'match type of player, I rather refer to myself as the collectionnist & completitionist type: What I mean by that is I'd rather pursue my goals by completing all the available quests in the game, then farm every single mount or pet that exist in the game, then go on and complete every single sets (I have my full sets from D0, T1, T2, AQ10, AQ40 (T2.5), ZG set, T4, T5, T6, and so forth banked, same goes with the PvP gear, got all of the arena season sets stashed since S1 all the way to S13, etc, etc), I'm pretty much a rat-pack. I also am an achievement lover to put it that way and am sporting no less than 21315 achievements points (ranked in the top 45 *WORLD* as I'm writing this) so you can tell my dedication to this game is above than average to some extent. Although I do have some tiny bits here and there of heroic hardcore raiding experience, I wouldn't fit myself in that category either, my heart isn't truly solely set on HC raiding however my heart is set at having fun with the other guild members, so if the guildies are having fun in "chainwiping" altogether on an heroic boss or in a harder than casual setting, as long as they're having fun at it, good chances are that I'll have fun along the way as well just by tagging along and sharing an online experience with them, because in the end that's what it boils down to, this is a MMORPG afterall, a Massive online experience.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame: Mana
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … a/advanced
Mainspec: Arcane.
Offspec: Frost (PvP).
Professions: Enchanter / Jewelcrafter.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning.

My gear is on par with my experience this tier, needless to say I am fully gemmed & enchanted.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs: Mages have always been a class that stands out of the crowd; however I noticed lately in World first videos top guilds such as Method, Blood Legion and others have ditched all their mages to be replaced by warlocks... this indicates things do not bode well for us mages, this 5.4 tier we might not be the top played/class anymore, I can't wait to see what changes 6.0 brings us that will be announced at Blizzcon.

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

I don't have logs handy because I haven't raided in a serious environment since mid july. All I've done were crappy 10 men puggies, Needless to say things have changed a lot for every classes/specs combos since july.

Which pve addons do you use? The basic stuff really, Titanbar, Bigwigs, Arcanometer, etc.

Show us your UI. http://i.imgur.com/DDhTHUd.jpg

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps): 7/14 was pugged.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.

I can be online everyday, my attendance is an all-time high.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):

Nope.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: Auriela approached me at first hand about a week ago and thought I might fit in just fine, so here I am.

What do you expect from us, as a guild: A friendly virtual place to make online friends and share our experiences altogether, learning altogether from each other without spoiling the broth!

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):

Sure. I only have minor questions regarding the DKP FFA system I am unfamiliar with, but I'm sure these will be covered soon enough should I get my application accepted. Other than that everything's fine. <3

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?

Nope ma'am think I've mentionned it all above.

HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.

I have a symmetrical fiber 100M/100M connection plus I live in France, less than 15 kilometers away from the realms. My latency is usually around 11ms.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2991124141

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.

Core i7-3770K overclocked to 4GHz with watercooling, Asrock Z77E-ITX, 16GB of DDR3 G.Skill RAM, Sapphire brand AMD Radeon HD 7970 Series with 3GB of GDDR5.

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?

Yes and yes.

Last edited by Mana (2013-09-25 18:48:15)

#2 2013-09-25 18:52:52

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Mana - Human Arcane Mage - declined

Thanks for the application, we may be able to get back to you sooner than anticipated.

Must...restrain...myself...from...mocking...obvious...reasons.

#3 2013-09-25 19:55:09

Mana
Uncertified member

Frogs gotta be frogglin'.

#4 2013-09-27 01:32:06

Lamme
Guildmaster

Declined

Board footer