Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2013-10-02 00:35:03

Elementios
Guild Member

Mage App - Elementios Xrealm - accepted

PERSONAL INFORMATION

How good is your English:             Native speaker

Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:  I lead a busy life, full time job, marriage, part time studies.  I love raiding it’s my main hobby, so the time I spend doing it is precious and as a result I’m looking to maximise that by being in a good team

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame:             Elementios
Armory Link:      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … ios/simple
Mainspec:           Fire
Offspec:               Arcane
Professions:       Enchanting, Jewelcrafting

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of? Safe for some specific cases (eg. an item about to be replaced next week), we expect everything to be gemmed, enchanted and reforged optimally. We will likely consult your profile with Mr. Robot. If you're doing something different than it indicates (which is often the right things to do), please explain the reasoning.   

It’s a little lower than I’d like (iL553) due to guild collapse the week after patch launch.  It’s all in line with Mr Robot weightings.  Int > Hit (to 15%) >Crit > Haste > Mas

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs: 
Fire has nice mobility, single target DPS and Cleave.  Arcane has poor mobility, but better burst, AoE and great dots

Tell us about your alts (armory links included), how good are you with them:  No max level alts

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.
This is last week, but my gear was lowest of the group, so please take DPS with a pinch of salt -  http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o … amageDone/

What's your best result in Proving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log.  Not really done it yet bar a quick blast one shotting bronze (yawn)

Which pve addons do you use?
Bigwigs,
Scorchio2 for buff / debuff tracking.
Weak Aura's (2.0) to track CD's and boss debuffs
Scada
Mikescrolling battle text
Quartz castbar + Mage mana bar when arcane
Combustion helper when fire
Tidy plates and tidy plates threatplates
Grid + clique for decursing / sheeping MC raiders

Show us your UI.
http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/danbo … 4.jpg.html

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
BC cleared all raids up to Illidan pre nerf, but didn't get to do much in Sunwell
WOTLK cleared everything in hardmode except HC LK 25.  (But did Hallion HC 25 and HC LK 10)
Cata, cleared all heroics in 10M
MOP I moved to Fatal error as the team I was in had lost some players and wasn't working at a good level any more. In Fatal error we lost a tank in T14, so ended up recruiting and losing tanks all through the tier which hampered our progress. T15 was better, we had a solid group and cleared everything, so were farming Raden for around 6 weeks prior to 5.4. 

In 5.4 I joined a “3 night” raid team 2 weeks ago following the collapse of my prior guild Fatal error and we’ve cleared 4 heroics, inc Sha just last night,.  But they actually raid 4 nights a week which is more than I can commit to, hence I’m looking for a real 3 raid night team

What attendance should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
Except for occasional business travel I can attend all 3 raids every week. 

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
Just occasional business travel.  Otherwise I raid 3 times and I’m generally on for an hour each day

GUILD RELATED
Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us: 
I looked in wow progress for English speaking, 25M raids, 3 nights a week recruiting a mage.

What do you expect from us, as a guild: 
I'm looking for a competitive 3 raid night guild with a level of progress not too different from my own.  I’m hoping for not too much rotation.  I’m hoping for competent teammates of a good calibre, that won’t come emotionally unhinged at the first sign of a problem (maybe I’m asking too much :-) ). 

Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):
Yes it all looks fine. 

Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?
Just that of course I stay on top of my class, any changes to it and read up / watch vids for all fights.  I've raid lead most raids in the past, so I understand the pressures a raid leader is under and the work that goes into it.   Also I'm equally happy playing Arcane to fire, in so I'm happy to be whichever you prefer / whatever progress calls for

HARDWARE
Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
Based in Paris. Orange Fibre optic.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3005499124.png

Give us a brief specification of your computer - enough to assure it can handle 25 man raids.
i5 Ivybridge.  16 gig, Nvidia 680, 250 gig SSD.  Everything was upgraded a few months ago, so runs like a rocket

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?   Yes Seinheisser 360 headset + TS

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
No problem

Last edited by Elementios (2013-10-02 00:39:48)

#2 2013-10-02 00:58:48

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Mage App - Elementios Xrealm - accepted

Hello and thanks again for, this time public, application. We will be back with you very soon.

#3 2013-10-02 02:45:16

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Mage App - Elementios Xrealm - accepted

Such a shame that you live in France. UK is just so much better that I can't find an (in)decent comparison.

More to the point though, you are hearby -

Accepted

Bare in mind, server migration is often accompanied by a bug that allows you to whisper people on the new server, but makes it impossible for them to answer and contact you in general. Should it happen that your migration is completed and there's seemingly no response from us upon your request for an invitation, make sure to check the topic with your application. The problem gets sorted easily by Game Masters (just a matter of waiting for them to react) and does not affect RealD whispers, therefore I'd advise you to add me before moving. My battletag is Lamme#2288.

Upon arriving to Ravencrest you will face the decision as to which race to pick. That is of course entirely up to you and any choice will be accepted and respected. As long as it's a gnome. With pink ponytails.

One last thing, for clarity sake - we are accepting you as a testplayer. Judging by the application you seem to be a very good addition to the roster, however it may happen that for whatever reason you will not pass the trial. I'm saying this because of the real-life money cost involved in the migration.

I'll leave this topic opened until after you arrive, should the problem mentioned above arise. Once you're on Ravencrest, aks around for an ooficer so that you get invited, myself, I won't be around much tomorrow (Wednesday).

Board footer