The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#26 2014-01-11 22:44:29

Aliothe
Guild Member

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

I'm in the beta this weekend and all I can say is that I will get it and give it a go

#27 2014-01-11 23:19:18

Aliothe
Guild Member

Of course, if you hate Skyrim you will hate ESO
On the other hand, if you love Skyrim then I do not understand if you won't give ESO a try

#28 2014-01-11 23:34:42

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

Aliothe wrote:

Of course, if you hate Skyrim you will hate ESO
On the other hand, if you love Skyrim then I do not understand if you won't give ESO a try

part of the beta aswell it's just not worth I didn't enjoy it much plus if it's sub based I'd rather wait till it's f2p cause it's not worth it at all.

I liked Skyrim but this is different.

Plus we can't really speak openly about the game either the wonders of the NDA.

Last edited by Tasteofdeath (2014-01-12 00:22:52)

#29 2014-01-16 19:57:18

Lydo
Guild Member

I have seen alot of nice comments on the Zenimax facebook page about the beta, but I have not played it myself. But from what I have seen, including the leaks, I like it. I guess for the combat system its just a taste opinion, its not going to be a traditional tab-target kill system.

About the sub to be honest Zenimax deserves the sub more than Blizzard.

#30 2014-01-16 20:10:30

Rixers
Guild Member

The game is boring atleast when leveling, its just running from quest to quest and talk with people....

#31 2014-01-16 20:50:49

Lydo
Guild Member

Rixers wrote:

The game is boring atleast when leveling, its just running from quest to quest and talk with people....

I wouldnt say its that simple. For ESO its not just about getting to the max level, the character development continues way beyond that, you are not done even 50% at level 50 (or whatever the max level is) as far as the skills and content goes. ES games do include talking in the quests. Some just skip the texts but I think its a bit lame in a ES game. I atleast try to listen and read in such games the stories and what they have to say for. In a game like wow its totally understandable to skip the texts. The quests are voice acted, exploration based without boring quest hubs and atleast far more interesting than those kill 10 rats kind of quests. On top of this there are achievements, skyshards to collect for xp, 18 dungeons at launch and you can start pvp at level 10 for xp aswell. About the pvp I can say it is something far more interesting than GW2 WvW. While leveling you are continuously making decisions for your character: go for skill points in combat or crafting and what skill lines to go for.

All the familiar guilds will be included like mages, fighters, thieves and dark brotherhood. Some at launch some after launch. Werewolve and vampire skill lines are also there..

I dont see it as a boring character development. People only have seen the starter areas so far anyways.

#32 2014-01-16 21:17:30

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

Lydo wrote:

Rixers wrote:

I wouldnt say its that simple. For ESO its not just about getting to the max level, the character development continues way beyond that, you are not done even 50% at level 50 (or whatever the max level is) as far as the skills and content goes. ES games do include talking in the quests. Some just skip the texts but I think its a bit lame in a ES game. I atleast try to listen and read in such games the stories and what they have to say for. In a game like wow its totally understandable to skip the texts. The quests are voice acted, exploration based without boring quest hubs and atleast far more interesting than those kill 10 rats kind of quests. On top of this there are achievements, skyshards to collect for xp, 18 dungeons at launch and you can start pvp at level 10 for xp aswell. About the pvp I can say it is something far more interesting than GW2 WvW. While leveling you are continuously making decisions for your character: go for skill points in combat or crafting and what skill lines to go for.

All the familiar guilds will be included like mages, fighters, thieves and dark brotherhood. Some at launch some after launch. Werewolve and vampire skill lines are also there..

I dont see it as a boring character development. People only have seen the starter areas so far anyways.

Yeah but for an MMO they tried to pull that stunt of voice acted quests and linear story line and that was SWTOR.

The combat really needs to be tweaked it requires a zero skill cap and it's boring.

I think the only way a game like that can sell well then drop off much like the other MMO's is because it's Elder Scrolls it will drop to a F2P model and theres already a store built into the game for that.

#33 2014-01-16 21:19:53

Aliothe
Guild Member

Lydo wrote:

Rixers wrote:

Agree, I loved the questing.
Some nice quests were the diplomacy quest + the queens guard. Also very nice that you get to know some NPCs more as you continue questing.
Collect 10 rats, kill 20 mobs wow-style quests are as fun as pulling your teeth out.

#34 2014-01-16 21:39:39

Lydo
Guild Member

Tasteofdeath wrote:

Lydo wrote:

Rixers wrote:

Yeah but for an MMO they tried to pull that stunt of voice acted quests and linear story line and that was SWTOR.

The combat really needs to be tweaked it requires a zero skill cap and it's boring.

I think the only way a game like that can sell well then drop off much like the other MMO's is because it's Elder Scrolls it will drop to a F2P model and theres already a store built into the game for that.

The voice acting actually isnt such a major feature I look forward to, imo its just another new standard for MMO's to meet that are aiming to be at the top. Its one of those things that is nice to have but its not a gamebreaker. Though if you would think of an ES game without such feature I think it would not work, its sort of a must have for ES games, that would end up in total failure just because of people whining about not having it.

Atleast the combat doesnt sound so boring or low skill capped on paper: there are synergies between players, the finesse system that means how good you are at dodging and blocking. There are the resource system of stamina and magica that needs to be monitored, also aswell aiming. Weapon and build switching while in combat is also possible. Tons of possible build combinations from the available skill lines.

It is true that ESO has only 6 (or 7?) active skills per build and double that if you combine both builds as opposed to wow having something like 50+ big_smile but then again.. I have high hopes for the possiblity of defining skill in some other way aswell than the ability to being able to push so many buttons. There is also the mechanics for theorycrafting in place in ESO for the endgame stuff.

#35 2014-02-05 20:22:05

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

Looks like theres another beta weekend this week

#36 2014-02-05 21:02:44

Qurrai
Guild Member

Release in a few months and still NDA? is this game shit or what?

4790K @ 4.6
Maximus VI Formula
2x GTX 780 Hydrocopper
Samsung 840 pro 512GB
Lord of AFK

#37 2014-02-05 21:31:03

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

Qurrai wrote:

Yes

#38 2014-02-06 00:02:53

Draken
Guild Member

Qurrai wrote:

Curse is giving away 500.000 beta keys, for premium users yesterday and today, and from tomorrow onwards for everyone. You could grab one and go see for yourself, though the prevailing consensus seems to be that it's quite shit.

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

#39 2014-02-06 01:23:56

Lydo
Guild Member

I'm going to try it this weekend, got a key from Curse.

#40 2014-02-08 08:34:11

Enimusha
Officer

Got a key aswell, downloading the game at the moment.

Angry Joe and his friends didn't quite like the game at its current state: http://youtu.be/upE802rZl7Q

#41 2014-02-08 15:17:47

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

After playing it again I'm standing by my statement of this isn't really a good game fact that they're locking races and such to collectors editions is sad.

I'd rather play Skyrim with no mods than ESO

#42 2014-02-09 14:43:17

Lydo
Guild Member

I'm just going to say that this game seems to have a lot of haters surrounding it. Perhaps their reasons are more or less valid based on past MMO releases, but enough about that..

I have been playing it alot this weekend and the beta have been working great. I love the game so far. Its far away from a traditional MMO experience. This is quality stuff, not the ordinary "MMO leveling garbage". Not a wow-remake, not too unique. This game can please both ES players and the MMO crowd. They have managed to make a game that has the potential to be a success. To be something new, for a change.

On top of that I got the feeling inside the beta that people like the game very much. One of my friends tried the beta too this weekend, he thought it was shit before but changed his mind and went to pre-order.

#43 2014-02-11 19:51:24

Sagidu
Guild Member

Tried the game for two beta events and played all three Alliances. Perhaps it is just my personal view but not all starting areas were created equal. And in general game starts to take off around level 5-6 after leaving the initial location. Then it just gets better and better. Immersive gameplay in a graphically beautiful world would be my impressions in one sentence. Definitely a lot of potential. Although i would not expect any meaningful end game content. Unless mass PvP along the lines of WwW from GW2 is your thing.

If you did not play beta but want to know a little more about the game-here is a nice little article describing some of the present systems within the game without too much bias.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/openi … ssions-qa/

Last edited by Sagidu (2014-02-11 19:58:35)

#44 2014-02-11 23:55:19

Lydo
Guild Member

Sagidu wrote:

Tried the game for two beta events and played all three Alliances. Perhaps it is just my personal view but not all starting areas were created equal. And in general game starts to take off around level 5-6 after leaving the initial location. Then it just gets better and better. Immersive gameplay in a graphically beautiful world would be my impressions in one sentence. Definitely a lot of potential. Although i would not expect any meaningful end game content. Unless mass PvP along the lines of WwW from GW2 is your thing.

If you did not play beta but want to know a little more about the game-here is a nice little article describing some of the present systems within the game without too much bias.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/openi … ssions-qa/

I agree with everything. The quests were immersive, well voice acted and interesting. Combat worked quite well for a beta and it has potential to be quite challenging both pve and pvp. Got to try some pvp in Cyrodiil and it looked like its going to be an awesome playground for organized pvp guilds / groups offering alot of strategy options and things to do. It is the pve endgame content for which im worried for this game.

Cant wait for release smile

Last edited by Lydo (2014-02-11 23:56:13)

#45 2014-04-02 23:00:27

Perc
Leading Team

http://i.imgur.com/aTvm5Gb.png

I'm crying in laughter big_smile

Last edited by Perc (2014-04-06 15:47:20)

"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
- Terry Pratchett

#46 2014-04-05 05:10:01

moonori
Guild Member

Is anyone playing ESO ?

#47 2014-04-05 06:00:15

Tasteofdeath
Guild Member

moonori wrote:

Is anyone playing ESO ?

Not me cause the game is a massive pile of shit.

#48 2014-04-06 14:14:21

Lydo
Guild Member

I am playing it, now at level 23 and cant get enough of it.

The game is immersive, there is that Elder Scrolls feel in it. So far the game has been like any high quality Elder Scrolls game and from what I've heard it only gets better in the higher levels. I've experienced that exploration feeling in ESO aswell what you can experience in the single player games. The atmosphere, amount of detail, sounds, quality of voice acting and all that kind of stuff all support that ES immersion, exploration and questing experience. All the components are there in place and they are well done. Thats why the overall experience of the game, atleast so far, is top quality.

The minimalistic UI supports that immersion aswell and if someone doesnt like the UI there are already alot of addons out there to add more MMO elements such as minimap and detailed combat information like the amout of damage and buff windows and so on. My personal opinion on this is that I dont need these elements at this stage of the game so I play the game as it is and to say the truth I dont miss all that clutter in UI from WoW too much big_smile

The personal and quest storylines are very well done and interesting, for the first time I can say that I am actually enjoying the leveling experience after the times of vanilla WoW, it is not that same repetitive shit. There is alot of diversity in the quests and the Elder Scrolls elements the game has all support to make the quests feel interesting. Dungeon, mages guild, fighters guild and the personal story line quests are the best, but the rest are good too.

Combat and animations both look and play well in solo and group fights. Abilities are responsive and fast and you can change to another weapon and skillset in 1 second during combat aswell. The dungeon bosses have obviously quite typical MMO mechanics but they are well done and atleast provide the level of difficulty where your group wipes if you dont do something right. I see there is potential for more difficult content and from my experience I see no reason why it wouldnt work. I cant wait to see how the endgame stuff turns out to be.

Game launch was good without any queues, major lag or disconnects. I didnt experience a single queue or disconnect. There were a few maintenances some people cried about but Zenimax extended the early access period and fixed alot of bugs during those maintenances.

Last edited by Lydo (2014-04-06 14:16:32)

#49 2014-04-23 20:50:59

Draken
Guild Member

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

Board footer