Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2015-08-27 01:29:24

Annaisha
Uncertified member

Annaisha, the Holy Warlock - declined

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nationality:
Seems to change every now and then, but originally Dutch. Currently living in Belgium. Although, that's likely gonna change soon™.

Occupation: 80% Disabled on paper due to an "untreatable depression" (according to them). After finishing meds I started psychology, so in about 5 more years, when I'm 30 I'll show them how to properly treat people instead of increasing their antidepressants every visit.

How good is your English:
On a scale from 0 to 10, I'd say 9,5, both spoken and written. When writing, I tend to prefer to make use of American English, but I'm perfectly aware of the difference between British English, and can write both just fine! The American English is just a habit from other forums (and American friends). :)

Anything else about you, the person, we might be interested in:
I consider myself as an very relaxed and intelligent person and very open minded in real life. I am an extreme perfectionist who always strives for the impossible. I'll never be satisfied with something and consider it as finished. There is always more to achieve, things to improve, and in the end, "perfect" doesn't exist, so it's just a vicious circle you keep spinning it. It's not necessarily negative, you just gotta know how to control it, and paired together with patience, which is another quality I own. Without patience, perfectionism leads to obsession and anger.

As a raider, I would consider myself as a highly skilled individual who always strives to improve the team. Raiding is something you do as a team, and I'm one hundred percent behind "go with the best setup" logic, even if that puts me out. Likewise for loot. I do not care for personal loot. As long as the raid benefits of it as a whole, then it's never wasted. Ideally, gear would be bound to the guild, and if you guild quit, you could keep a copy of the set but 1 raid tier lower, so your mythic items would become Heroic, and so on. Because you never deserved the item on your own, it was a team effort.

While playing as a team, I do however think everyone should take the responsibility to act as an individual, and be able to act quickly in case of emergency. There is absolutely no way to justify a death if you did not you all of your possible cooldowns. I think it's extremely important that when people die, they know why, and try to not make it happen again. If they're not sure why, they should look it up in the logs during the break or after the raid.

This is something you owe to the guild, especially if you were the reason of a wipe. I think it's better to admit your mistake, then being quiet and hope nobody notices. It will always get noticed anyway.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Nickame:
Annaisha (Japanese for "Helpful guide for others")

BattleTag: 
<snip, was provided in the original private application>

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … a/advanced

Mainspec:
Destruction and Affliction are both mainspecs, depending on the encounter.

Offspec:
Demonology for aoe-heavy damage whoring such as Mythic Kromok or Mannoroth. Unlikely to spec this, as I have 2 main specs. :)

Professions:
I have all professions maxed out and available on Ravencrest, but my Warlock has Enchanting and Tailoring as Primary professions, and all possible secondary professions are maxed out as well.

Regardless of its quality (ilvl), is you gear fully taken care of?
Yes and no. Ideally, you would want to stack haste and mastery for affliction, and crit and mastery for Destruction. Swapping between the "BiS" gems and enchants would have a very high price tag. Ideally, you would have at least 2 weapons, and a second set. Right now, I don't have that, as I'm already kind of behind in gear. The only thing I'm changing, are trinkets. I use a 700 crit trinket from BRF for Destruction, and a 700 Multistrike BRF trinket from BRF for affliction. I've never gotten my hands on the haste one, sadly.

What do you consider the most significant pros and cons of your class/spec in the current state of affairs:
I feel that Warlocks are very tank'ish. We generally play Destruction with sacrifice, that gives us +20% hp,as well as a passive HP regen every few seconds. If paired with Glyph og Eternal Resolve, which I think has pretty much become a standard, we take an additional 10%$ reduced damage permanently. Sacrificing our Voidwalker, gives us the ability to increase our hp which can come very handy when you need a lot of hp or if you're about to take a lot of damage. In my current gear (710) I'm pushing my HP over 800K with my voidwalker. As long as the damage is not % based, I think Warlocks can soak nearly everything. If the damage is higher than our health, then we have Dark Bargain and Sacrificial Pact, which is the strongest shield in the entire game, on top of our huge HP pool.

The cons? I can't think of any. Demonology has been nerfed a lot, and maybe Warlocks are not the best at everything anymore, but I think that Warlocks in general are still in a pretty good state. The only thing I really miss from Mists of Pandaria is the ability to permanently move while casting, even at reduced movement speed. I wish we would get that back, but Ghostcrawler completely removed it. Holinka, pretty please? It's not OP that we can move all the time while casting. After all we master dark energies, so we do shady stud!. At the moment, Kill'Jaeden's cunning doesn't really prove stronger at any boss. Archimonde maybe, where there's a lot of movement. But still, I'm not sure if that would make up for losing the benefit of Archimonde's Darkness, as you also have lots of static moments to properly use Archinonde's Darkness. I must admit I've never taken Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in it's current state. In high movement fights, we still have the glyph yo reduce both the duration and cooldown of Archimonde's Darkness at no real penalty. If you can't stand still for 10 seconds at any point, then it's probably better to go affliction or Demonology.

Are any of your alts suit for raiding? If so, tell us about them and link armory profile:
Shadow/Disc Priest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … s/advanced
Elermental Shaman: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r … a/advanced

Both can quickly catch up on the ring progress.

I have all classes at level 100, so in theory I can player everything, but I would have to start the ring quest over again if so.;

YOUR PERFORMANCE

Please provide a WoL log presenting your awesomeness. In absence of logs, post screenshots of recount/skada from an encounter of the current tier.
Without this, you will most likely be rejected.

Your Last Heroic raid! =D

This is the main reason why I sent in a private application, to still speak the truth without offended anyone. You never know where people have been, or who their friends are. And for the sake of avoiding drama, I've left this out. The private application that was sent to the mail address contains the full information regarding the matter.

[b]What's your best result in Prooving Grounds? This is especially valuable in case you cannot provide WoL log.

30 Waves, because I couldn't be bothered to go any further. I think proving grounds are boring. There's always so much wait time on the timer. Perhaps it would be a lot more fun if you could start the new wave yourself if you wanted to.

Which pve addons do you use?
DBM
Exorsus Raid Tools
Angry Assignments
AffDots
TellMeWhen
WeakAuras
EPGP (just to see the items which dropped without touching the boss or chest)

Show us your UI.
Screenshot at Kazzak (I honestly don't take screenshots mid combat in raids):
http://i.imgur.com/uW0EZXU.jpg

Raiding Experience (we're mostly interested in your achievements in the current expansion, but do impress us with previous experience if you feel it helps):
HFC: Heroic cleared, 3 Mythic with low tries on Council.
BRF: None  (Russian boost for mount, I'm a collector)
Highmaul: 6/7 Mythic, with emperor experience up to the cho'gall phase.

MoP: Cleared everything while it was current content
Cataclysm: Took a break after Ulduar realm first, returned at the end of firelands / release of Dragon Soul. I went back and did all content, though. Better later than never.
WotLK: Everything before nerfs up to realm first Ulduar. After playing from Vanilla til Ulduar realm first 7/7 I needed a break.
TBC: Cleared everything before nerfs
Vanilla: Cleared everything up to Naxx40 Sapphiron. Four Horsemen was probably the biggest achievement during that time.

Have you had any particular responsibilities in any of your previous raidguilds/communities? (E.g. Officer, Raid Leader, Role leader or similar):
Officer and (Priest) Class Leader in Vanilla
Guild Master in TBC, (Warlock) Class leader as well.
Guild Master in WoTLK up to Malygos kill. Them I passed the leadership to an officer, because I would be absent for a while. I let him keep the leadership when I returned. He did good, if not better!
MoP: "Just" a core raider
WoD: Highest I've been is Social or Trial. I decided to leave Cycle before finishing the trial. I see a trial two-way. For the guild to get to know you, but also for the player to get the know the guild. If there is no positive match, then it just won't work out. I'm still very happy for them though, that it grew from an unstable alt guild to a stable standalone guild. I hope it will survive the Legion expansion. But with good leadership, that should of be no issue.

What attendence should we realistically expect from you (for the sake of clarity, please note that while our Monday and Thursday raids start at 19.30, the Sunday one starts at 18.45). If you can't make it on any of our raiding days on a general basis, do not apply.
You guys have a 3 days rosters, so I should be able to make it for every raid. This is considering that I do not get hit by a car, get kidnapped by Aliens, I break both legs and arms, and so on. Generally 99%, because I do not believe someone can promise 100%. If someone achieved that for the full ten years the guild exists, they're rather lucky.

Any external factors affecting activity we ought to know about (some flexibility applies, but we really want players able to join all 3 raids a week):
There is nothing that would prevent me from raiding. I do fly between Belgium, Sweden and Denmark from time to time, but I always make sure this is on a non-raiding day.I'm very loyal and attached to a guild once I'm part of it, so not being able to show up, would make me feel bad for the rest of the team, too.

GUILD RELATED

Why are you applying to The Enigma Order, what made you choose us, when and where did you first hear about us:
Well, I've been on Ravencxrest since Cataclysm, and I've seen you guys around for quite some years, but it's on Wowprogress I found you guys. I have all of my alts on Racencrest, and would like to keep it that way. I was looking for a guild on Racencrest for my Warlock, and The Enigma Order came out as the best one for me. While I would still gladly go over time, or raid an extra 2 days on close boss kills, but I I simply do not longer want to commit to a 5, 6 or 7 raiding schedule. I had time for this when I was a kid in Vanilla. I have my responsibilities in real life now, which require time, too.

[b]Please confirm that you have read and understood our rules and they are ok for you (yes, this is our way to ensure we're not asked somewhat silly questions that are already answered in writing at the Rules section of the forum):[/a]

I expected a whole list full of military rules, but they do make sense and feel I shouldn't apply if I didn't agree to them! So 101% yes!

[b]Is there anything else you would like to include that may assist your application?

I'm always open to constructive feedback and criticism. As said, I'm a perfectionist, and that applies to my own performance as well.I generally do not need to be told what I did wrong, I can usually figure it out rather quickly, but I would in no way feel offended if I was told by another Warlock or player something obvious or something I already knew. I always value people their opinions, and I respect everyone, as long as the respect is returned.

On the other side, if one of the Warlocks has a trick or two I don't know about that would greatly improve my performance, then I'm all ears . (like saving cooldowns for cleave adds which do not matter, but you aoe them down anyway cause it's cool to do so! Quite noticeable though. Invisible Fire and Brimstone Glyph suggested. Unsure if it's a real improvement, though. 
HARDWARE

Please post Speed Test results. Run it from your place to Frankfurt, Germany.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4610746638

Is your computer good enough to handle 25 man heroic raids? If you only did 10 man and lfr until now, say so please.
I could show off ny computer by posting a DxDiag and make my application look twice as long with it, but I'll stick to: "My computer doesn't go below 60 fps on any encounter, not even on LFR. My usual FPS during raids while not recording anything, is around 120 at 144 Hz refresh rate with G-Sync enabled".

Do you have a working microphone and are you able to connect to TS3 servers?
Absolutely.

Should you be accepted, you will be asked to provide your cellphone number to the leading team. This is for the sake of on-going coordination, your number will not be made public nor used for anything not related to the game. Is this ok?
No problems with that.
Phone: <snip, was provided in the original private application>
Tab: <snip, was provided in the original private application>
Skype: <snip, was provided in the original private application>
Mail: <snip, was provided in the original private application>

If any of the insiders (who are no officers) want any of my contact details, don't hesitate to ask. I usually don't bite. ;)

The guild can contact me for anything at any time, even at 3 am when someone needs to go to bed, and I would fit in as a replacement. This is not a joke. I mean it.

http://i.imgur.com/SajvbQQ.png

#2 2015-08-27 19:48:20

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Annaisha, the Holy Warlock - declined

Declined

Board footer