Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!
  • Index
  •  » Mage
  •  » Fire nerdfest for Legion

#1 2016-08-22 19:18:34

Rizzlla
Guild Member

Fire nerdfest for Legion

Now most of the sim templates are ready we're starting to see some numbers being released

This post on altered-time has everything you could wish to know about fire

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view … amp;t=2611

There isn't the same for arcane or frost yet, but fire is tracking about 12% up on Arcane and 19% on frost. Expect changes here though before release!

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#2 2016-08-24 11:06:32

Elementios
Guild Member

Re: Fire nerdfest for Legion

Nice link, cheers Rizzla,

I, possibly like every other mage in the world, have come round to fire.  It’s awesome.  So I’ll be maining that and picking up the arcane weapon for offspec.

I’ve been having fun on dummies running standard raiding talents – pyromaniac, shimmer, rune, flame on, ice flows, unstable magic and kindling. For leveling I'm thinking to use firestarter (for sweet opener on easy mobs, fireball crit, fire blast and pyro), incanters flow and blast wave for some more on demand front loaded damage.  Maybe living bomb too for packs of mobs.

I note MMO-champion has some mage rebalancing.  Some slight improvement to arc and for fire I'm not sure if it's a nerf or just reducing our scaling?  Does it maybe make mastery > crit for us now?

•Arcane
•Arcane Blast mana cost has been decreased to 3.0% base mana (was 3.2%).

•Fire
•Cinderstorm will no longer consume additional stacks of Ice Floes when damage occurs.

•Fire Mage critical strike chance has been increased by 5%.

•Critical Mass multiplier has been decreased to 1.1 (was 1.3).

•Developer's Note: We shifted some critical strike chance from a multiplier on gear to a flat bonus. This brings the value of critical strike for Fire closer to other stats and also limits the very high amounts of critical strike chance that can be reached with certain gear.

Last edited by Elementios (2016-08-24 11:06:57)

#3 2016-08-26 00:44:38

Rizzlla
Guild Member

Quite conservative changes I thought. If anything fire will be stronger at low gear level and especially multi-target (CM only affects ST spells) making it the only competitive spec early on. Whilst the arcane buff was nowhere near enough for me to make it competitive during progression. Trying it on beta the conserve phase just didn't work, AB was too expensive and the complexity with when to start burn phase is stupid - some coefficient based on your mastery/haste - urgh I don't like it at all. I think maybe the mastery is OP, too punishing at low gear level and too strong at high gear, but I'm going on instinct rather than numbers here.

And no buffs for Frost - FFS! it hits like semolina...

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#4 2016-08-27 22:24:28

Lamme
Guildmaster

Frost buffs, at your service:
    Frostbolt damage increased to 185% of Spell Power (was 170%).
    Flurry damage increased to 105% of Spell Power (was 90%).

#5 2016-08-28 13:29:12

Rizzlla
Guild Member

Post above is updated for recent changes

Frosted has also added Arcane sims: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view … amp;t=2618

There's no longer a huge gulf between the specs, and a great arcane player could possibly justify sticking arcane (in theory), here's the reason I'm going Fire, offspec Arcane (frost is still nowhere)

- Fire is certainly stronger at 840 > 860 ilvl at ST (~6%)
- On MT sustained Fire is way stronger (~12%)
- The Fire rotation is simpler and more repeatable (and much more fun)
- The Arcane DPS is quite theoretical. There is a lot of complexity behind optimal numbers
- The legendaries are better for fire
- The tier bonuses are stronger for fire
- I fucking hate arcane

• Index
  •  » Mage
  •  » Fire nerdfest for Legion

Board footer