The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2006-12-19 11:14:43

Kaini
Guild Member

PvP Healer Spec

I'm wondering about full PvP spec that is still a healer in total, as it seems that TBC will bring us very nice possibilities to concentrate on PvP. Not to mention that it will actually be worth the effort eventhou one can't play 24/7.

So, here is one spec I came out with.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic … 0000000000

I would like you to critisize it, show me the flaws in it and help me refine it. The idea is to be totally concentrated on healing.

Here's another one, based more on having larger base mana and surviving just a bit longer

Ok, now rip them to pieces with no mercy and help me to learn a bit more.

Thanking everyone in advance,

Kaini

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#2 2006-12-19 12:48:44

Enimusha
Officer

Re: PvP Healer Spec

Deep discipline build is veeery powerfull in pvp, healing and soloing too. Just look at the defensive talents; reflective shield, pain supression etc. Imo deep holy is more of a PvE build. The second build seems very viable for pvp raids. smile

#3 2006-12-19 13:19:43

Kaini
Guild Member

Discipline would be my choice as well. I fell in love with Reflective Shield the moment I saw it. smile

Hope it works in use like it does on paper...

Anyone feeling like shadow spec and Vampiric Embrace will be more useful in PvP than the disc spec?

Terveisia Ouluun Enimusha, tammikuussa muutto takas.

Kimmo

The cliques of artists and writers consist for the most part of a racket selling amusement to people who at all costs must be prevented from thinking themselves vulgar, and a conspiracy to call it not amusement but art. (Collingwood 1938: 90)

#4 2006-12-19 15:38:44

Enimusha
Officer

Vai oululaisia sinakin, tervetuloa vaan takaisin. smile

#5 2006-12-19 15:48:59

holykami
Guild Friend

I`m using your second build on my priest and I just love it. Together with Pustbunker (moonkin) we can win almost any fight, since I just outheal almost every damage and a moonkin with power infusion can 2/3 shot a lot of classes. The shield is very nice, I once killed a (very badly geared/skilled) rogue with only power word shield, shadow word: pain and some flash heals. I also took imp divine spirit, since its bugged (I think), and you can buff endlessly without using mana, as long as you have inner focus up (it doesn`t disappear if you cast divine spirit).

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/2/spooof.png
Shadowkami - 70 Night Elf Rogue | Holykami - 70 Human Priest
    Tankkami - 57 Gnome Warrior | Naturekami - 70 Night Elf Druid

#6 2006-12-19 16:00:51

Obscure
Founding Member

im running around with a smite/surge build these days. i do a lot of pvp. its not as powerful as shadow, but at least i dont have to worry about shadowform/not being able to heal.

there is more honor in pvp healing than you can ever get as dmgpriest.

about your builds:

This build seems to focus on healing, and your flash heals are very powerful with those talents.

holytree:
Screw lightlol, angel and circle of nonscaling crap. all are bad skills and absolutely useless in PvP. close to useless in PvE.
Go for searing light or surge of light (just for fun) instead.

disc: imp shield is wasted points as its 4 points for only ~150 more dmg absorbed. 3 points in Silent Resolve is even better. if you plan on doing BGs, its very smart to get Absolution, as you are dispelling magic all the time. but that would limit your holy points.

interresting build. i have been thinking of similar survival builds for arena battles. i would, however, steal one point from martyrdom and get holy nova. cause its so fun.

my build:

im not entirely satisfied, but its no doubt the most fun build i have tried as a priest. specially for grinding. the inner focus + holy nova is used for provoking surges. and i get 35% of my total spirit as spelldmg (over 100 more spellpower). And i can heal "ok" if i have to. this is my build at 70. 5% more crit, and 80% chance of spirit tap (wich would give me 6-700 spirit for 15secs. wich is around 200 more dmg = better than any trinket. )

#7 2006-12-19 20:01:47

Buzzy
Guild Member

Haven't tried it but i'm considering something like This

Deep Disc with mindflay. no idea if it's gonna work tho

Last edited by Buzzy (2006-12-19 20:02:14)

http://armory.mmo-champion.com..nyud.net:8080/sig.php/1652201cbHYK.png

#8 2006-12-20 09:52:01

Kaini
Guild Member

I was wondering if a arena team of two dwarf priests, discipline and shadow specced, would work out. Especially in 2vs2 matches.

Benefits:

Double Fears, Double SW: Pain, Double Renews (if they indeed can be used simultaneously), Double Fear Ward

Shadow healing and dealing with Vampiric Embrace, regenerating mana with Vampiric Touch, kiting with Mind Flay

Discipline buffing, healing and shielding, tanking if needed.

So it seems the team would get nice mana regen and healing.

Flaws:

The team has all the weaknessess of Priests and no support from other classes' skills.

Low armor nad HP, thou this might be overcome by shields and heals.

A bit naiive I know, but I like to experiment on these kind of things. smile

Any words of wisdom on this one..?

#9 2006-12-20 13:07:45

Enimusha
Officer

Kaini wrote:

Flaws:

The team has no weaknessess and no need of support from other classes' skills.

fixed.

#10 2006-12-20 13:40:20

Kaini
Guild Member

Will be nerfed in TBC: Priests are not allowed to enter Arena, BG's or any other instances.
Furthermore, Priests are not allowed to use any equipment whatsoever ever again.

Working as intentend.

#11 2006-12-20 19:54:21

Baloth
Guild Friend

Kami wrote:

a moonkin with power infusion can 2/3 shot a lot of classes

"can" but he won't cause he'll be noobing around with treants and moonfire spam

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8747/balothavatargm0.jpg

Board footer