You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#26 2007-01-11 12:57:55

xzar
Guild Friend

Re: Warlocks DoT's nerfed

Baloth wrote:

felguards are my problem, DoT spec warlocks are my problem, shadowbolt seduce warlocks are my problem, felhunters are my problem, fearspam warlocks are my problem
don't get me wrong locks I'm sure there's more to the class than that but I see this just so much...

No there isn't much more - you pretty much described all the different ways a warlock can spec and fight in pvp. I'm sorry if you as mages (and others?) have no good defenses against any of these fighting styles, but this is how we fight as warlocks.

When you mention that 7 of your crew got dotted by a warlock and all died from it. This would have taken the warlock at least 30-40 seconds in cooldowns alone. Was he being mass healed by his team since you allowed him to stay alive for this long? If he was mass healed then I guess we have found the reason why Blizzard allows you to instagib other players occasionally smile

And are you saying that because warlocks give mages problems in pvp (like they always have) that this makes you want to reroll to horde? Forgive me if I'm reading too much into what you said, but if this is what you mean then I have to tell you that there are also classes that give warlocks problems when they face each other 1v1.

Last edited by xzar (2007-01-11 13:00:47)

Profile: Semaphore (horde noob)

#27 2007-01-11 21:19:26

Baloth
Guild Friend

Xzar wrote:

And are you saying that because warlocks give mages problems in pvp (like they always have) that this makes you want to reroll to horde? Forgive me if I'm reading too much into what you said, but if this is what you mean then I have to tell you that there are also classes that give warlocks problems when they face each other 1v1.

Nah.. that's not the reason why I'm thinking about it, just the atm fucked game mechanics atm do, I'm powerfull as it is, just as a mage should be and I'm pretty happy with the class, ofc I can be a bit stressed when PvPing a bit smile but that's no problem really, in the end it'll still be a great class and I'm glad I got to play it to the max.
Also cause my gf and my brother both have a horde char somewhere out there and I kinda want to learn new things so.
Thing why I'm not real interested in playing my mage atm is the huge amount of warlocks in BGs tongue yeah, their my nemesis, definitely.
Maybe I should try going PoM/AP/pyro spec once more, it's been quite a while since I've specced that and I'd love to see my numbers now, perhaps that would make a difference smile.

Xzar wrote:

When you mention that 7 of your crew got dotted by a warlock and all died from it. This would have taken the warlock at least 30-40 seconds in cooldowns alone. Was he being mass healed by his team since you allowed him to stay alive for this long? If he was mass healed then I guess we have found the reason why Blizzard allows you to instagib other players occasionally

Nah, we were in AB positioned at farm, we tagged it and a warlock ran to his corpse that was behind the raid, nobody noticed him untill people started dying. That's also the reason why I allways loot corpses in BGs, and the reason why I tried to loot a corpse in UC of a silly mage that was harassing vendors :-\

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8747/balothavatargm0.jpg

#28 2007-01-11 21:22:31

Vonhankkija
Officer

Can they buff paladins soon?

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#29 2007-01-11 23:32:50

Shadowkami
Guild Friend

Vonhankkija wrote:

Can they buff paladins soon?

You need blind for a better stunlock? ^^

__________________________________http://s2.excoboard.com/forums/6762/user/142903/308641.gif__________________________________
Shadowkami - 70 Night Elf Rogue || Holykami - 70 Human Priest || Tankkami - 52 Gnome Warrior
__________He asked us: "Be you angels?" -- And we said, "Nay. We are but men."____________

#30 2007-01-12 17:23:46

Vonhankkija
Officer

Shadowkami wrote:

I would love to get I.W.I.N button too..

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#31 2007-01-14 05:53:26

Baloth
Guild Friend

Vonhankkija wrote:

Shadowkami wrote:

I would love to get I.W.I.N button too..

go grind AV and roll goblin engineer, both won't help you get it but atleast you'll have something to do

#32 2007-01-14 06:16:04

Windir
Founding Member

warlocks should have don'ts instead of dots

Outside lies doom

#33 2007-01-14 16:01:08

xzar
Guild Friend

Hey, we need them to defend ourselves from your imbalanced pvp abilities:
Warriors demonstrate pvp abilities

Last edited by xzar (2007-01-14 16:02:45)

#34 2007-01-14 17:08:00

Kelthalas
Dragonslayer
Website

Baloth wrote:

xzar wrote:

It's a curse playing warlock smile

When you win it's because you are clearly overpowered.

When you lose you are a noob because you should have won since you are clearly overpowered.

It was more fun before patch 1.6.

When you won you were an imba player because you were clearly underpowered.

When you lost it was okay because you were clearly underpowered.

meh? 10/10!

I agree as well

Beardstorm wrote:

People that really find locks imba should try some group PvP where they are balanced and not just duel locks

So it's okay if a class is unbeatable in 1v1 as long as u have a chance against them in grps ? how's that fair?

xzar wrote:

I'm just saying that all warlock attacks have counters which not necessary all classes possess but some of them do - the rock/papers/scissors thing. If you put a 2-man group together that can defend itself against warlock attacks then it'll probably be vulnerable to certain attacks from other classes - and vice versa. If you could make a 2-man group that is capable of countering all attacks of any other possible 2-man group - well then that would be overpowered imo smile

2 shadowpriests ? when one gets attacked the other heals him and vice versa, all the while their opponents have 2x SW:P and VE on them healing the priests even more.

Kelthalas 85 / Smulder 85 / Mizna 85 / Sakurai 80

"And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge." - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Shashin.dk ~Cosplay photography~

#35 2007-01-14 17:31:56

xzar
Guild Friend

Kelthalas wrote:

So it's okay if a class is unbeatable in 1v1 as long as u have a chance against them in grps ? how's that fair?

I'm sure there are some who feel just the same way about mages. Warlocks have advantages against certain classes and mages are one of them, mages have advantages against other classes. In 1v1 encounters that is.

The only way to ever balance this (imo) would be to normalize all classes in all possible ways making them all essentially the same.

I don't know about the 2xshadow priests thing, but I doubt that they are invulnerable to all strategies.

#36 2007-01-15 12:17:31

Windir
Founding Member

this thread is now about japanese tigers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvcWWc2jEM0

Outside lies doom

#37 2007-01-15 14:50:35

Struiner
Guild Member

Droma - Healadin (70)
Nunb - Warlock (70)
Struiner - Druid (60)

#38 2007-01-15 18:22:45

Joly
Dragonslayer

CRAAAAB PEOPLE! CRAAAAAB PEOPLE! CRAAAAB PEOPLE! CRAAAAAB PEOPLE!

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/4f/EBM_-_Mortal_Combat.gif

#39 2007-01-15 21:06:28

Baloth
Guild Friend

Windir wrote:

warlocks should have don'ts instead of dots

I laughed so hard just now

Board footer