The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-03-07 23:26:55

Regakek
Guild Member

About paladin tanking

So, i tanked during a sethek halls run with Eightball and Boltan, and i feel i did pretty well all the way. But somethings needs improvment, f.eks defense rating, more stam and resilience rating. I order to get that kinda items, and we're talking blues here, i need to nerf my overall spell dmg and intel. But in doing so, im nerfing my dmg _alot_, and the ability to build propper aggro. So my question really is, is it worth it? The designated healers always whines about my low HP, and in the sethek run, a priest left cause he wouldnt come if i tanked. Fully buffed im on around 7k HP +/- 300 and around 12k armor. Should i nerf my dmg and the ability to maintain aggro for more HP, def. rating and res. rating?

Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/MSprauten/Sig.jpg

#2 2007-03-07 23:37:40

Windir
Founding Member

Re: About paladin tanking

its only druids who are supposed to tank ...

but to answer your question: When I tanked I had around 11k hp and around 10k armor(at 70), my dmg output almost non-existing. As I've understood, most of the paladins aggro comes from holydmg spells/abilities. So the more holydmg the more threat you gain. But that doesn't help if you cant take 2-3-4 trashmobs at the same time. Get some more stamina and defense gear(screw resiliance atm, imo no need until bosstanking, maybe in heroic mode). Try to find a decent balance between spelldmg and sta/def, and remember you have avenging wrath when you really have to have aggro wink

Outside lies doom

#3 2007-03-07 23:43:01

Mojorising
Officer
Website

7k HP is alittle low for tanking imo.
I dont know how importent defense rating is for pala's, but i dont have more than 390 defense on my druid, 13k HP and 19000 armor. (21000 before this patch).

I read somewhere, that tanks (not druids) doesnt need more than 10k HP and armor to tank a 5 man instance. If you have good crowd control, i dont see a problem in sacrificing some dmg and get some more stamina. Dont focus on defense, but use what ever you can get.

There is alot of nice green items for tanking around the world in forms of quests and stuff. Its all about beeing creative wink - thats how druids obtain our gear at least.

Last edited by mojorising (2007-03-07 23:44:12)

#4 2007-03-08 00:37:31

Ino
Dragonslayer
Website

shield blocking is teh shit imo, when iwas prot i ran out of mana after every pack wich sucked, except in heroic where i got alot more healing thus i gained alot more mana. go for the righteous set imo, and try 2 get some + block value and +shield block items since palas block alot.

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1678470.jpg

#5 2007-03-08 01:21:59

Regakek
Guild Member

Ino wrote:

shield blocking is teh shit imo, when iwas prot i ran out of mana after every pack wich sucked, except in heroic where i got alot more healing thus i gained alot more mana. go for the righteous set imo, and try 2 get some + block value and +shield block items since palas block alot.

Yeah, i have the Draenie honor guard shield, 80 block on the shield and the enchant that adds 18 block value, and yes i block atlot, especialy when redoubt proccs.

Windir wrote:

its only druids who are supposed to tank ...

Well, the last runs i've been in, i've had to step-up and tank, since the druids more or less wants to go full out damage or heal wink

mojorising wrote:

7k HP is alittle low for tanking imo.
I dont know how importent defense rating is for pala's, but i dont have more than 390 defense on my druid, 13k HP and 19000 armor. (21000 before this patch).

Yeah, it's always a problem, and i know it's to little, so i've started to gather some stam items smile Oh, and btw, a big fat nerf for you!

Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/MSprauten/Sig.jpg

Board footer