Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-06-13 15:28:25

Lamme
Guildmaster

macro help needed

Give me a hand here pls.
How do I create a 'looped' macro?
I.e. how to create a macro that will use ability a -> ability b -> ability a -> ability b
First lets assume that both a and b are instant casts as this seems to be the easiest.
Then lets say that a is still instant and b is a skill with 2 seconds cooldown. Would that change anything?

I'm having a few ideas, but none seem to be working as intended. May have something to do with the fact that I have not used 'reset'.

And one more question.
I know how to create a cast sequence macro (i.e. 1st click ability a, 2nd click ability b).
I would also like to make the same macro trigger ability c, but only under the condition that it's not already on (not to waste mana)

Yet another.
What's the name of the off-hand slot? Quite a noob question, but been having it for quaite a while now.

Assistance on any of the 3 is appreciated.

#2 2007-06-13 19:47:58

Draken
Guild Member

Re: macro help needed

Lamme wrote:

Give me a hand here pls.
How do I create a 'looped' macro?
I.e. how to create a macro that will use ability a -> ability b -> ability a -> ability b
First lets assume that both a and b are instant casts as this seems to be the easiest.
Then lets say that a is still instant and b is a skill with 2 seconds cooldown. Would that change anything?

a simpe /castsequence macro can handle that as it does not move on in the execution of the order until the cooldown is over, a good example is the one i use myself: /castsequence Lifegiving Gem, Last Stand. This macro will use lifegiving gem then last stand, but it will not use last stand if it is on CD and the macro won't start over if the CD on lifegiving gem ends before the cooldown on last stand meaning it will not be able to do anything except say that the skill isn't ready until last stand is off cooldown.

Lamme wrote:

And one more question.
I know how to create a cast sequence macro (i.e. 1st click ability a, 2nd click ability b).
I would also like to make the same macro trigger ability c, but only under the condition that it's not already on (not to waste mana)

Not possible, macros can't use logic that way, at least not to my knowledge. You would have to make your macro have a modifier key command where it would only cast that ability if the modifier key is also pressed.

Lamme wrote:

Yet another.
What's the name of the off-hand slot? Quite a noob question, but been having it for quaite a while now.

I think it's itemslot 16 or something, but i don't know though

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

#3 2007-06-14 02:15:08

Pyroflame
Forum User

Lamme wrote:

And one more question.

to do that you need to make scripts, and they are forbidden by blizz...

There is no Good nor Bad, only the decisions you face and the consequences of it...

#4 2007-06-14 07:29:12

Windir
Founding Member

OKYI

Outside lies doom

#5 2007-06-14 15:35:59

Lamme
Guildmaster

Rageo, asnwering in reverse order -
- will try the itemslot 16 when I get back to home.

- understood, though I'm really surprised - can't see how this would be harmful, but maybe by imagination is to narrow. guess I'll actually use a macro with modifier.

- think I haven't explained well enough what I was thinking about. I would like to make a macro that would:
autoshot
steady shot
autoshot
steady shot
with a single click.

The trick on this one is that I have 2.6 sec between autoshots and steady shot is a 1.5 sec cast. So, the macro would have to be wise enough to make something like:
autoshot
wait 0,1 sec
steady shot
wait 1 sec
autoshot (as it's ready at that moment)
repeat until canceled.

Starting to think this may not be possible, nevertheless testing some macros did already made my life easier and allowed me to save some bar space.

2 more related questions:
I'm using a very simple macro as basic attack:
/cast auto shot
/cast steady shot
binded to key '1'.
it works pretty much ok - I keep on auto attacking and when I hit 1 again I start casting stedy shot. that's ok.
the only problem is that instead of starting the sequence with auto shot, it starts with steady shot. This is inefficient since I go like
1,5 sec cast steady shot
instant auto shot
1,5 sec cast steady shot

instead of
instant auto shot
1,5 sec cast steady shot
instant auto shot.

Any clue how to modify macro?
Only solution I though off yesterday was starting by hitting the melee attack button, not the macro one - target out of ranged so it switches to range by default and I can use the macro right after 1st auto shot. That's not most comfortable though.

One last thing -
we hunters have this kill command ability. It gives additional pet attack and can be used after hunter's crit. cost of mana isn't too high, so I, for one, use it pretty much every time I can. Would be nice to have a macro that would do that for me - use if possible, if I'm casting steady shot - use after casting is done. all the time.
possible?

Slightly off-topic, but not that much:

Pyro, since you seem to be taking a look at this topic, I'll go into greater details about that non-existing mod we were talking about yeserday.

I know nothing about mods mechanics, but this seems rather easy and probably could be done with a few macros.

I'm thinking about a mod that would create me a little bar with all the marks we are curently using to mark mobs (star, skull etc.). Then, having a mob targeted, clicking on the symbol on that new bar would mark the targeted mob with that symbol. That's the easy part though, since we're generally marking mobs when off combat,l so we can take our time. The greater use of this would be when in combat. Then, clicking on a symbol would target the mob whom we already given a specific symbol before. From my point of view it would make concentrating dps way easier. If the symbols on our new bar would have a small mob's hp indicator (or at least showing which mob has least hp) it would be even better.
Come to think about it, maybe it would be better and easier to add a modifier - i.e. shift-clicking a symbol marks target, clicking targets it. Probably easier to be done and allows easy in combat marking.

Well, not a break-trough idea, still I'd find it really useful.
Maybe your mate will be interested.

edit: been writing this during last 3 hours when I had some free moments. Kinda wall of text.

Last edited by Lamme (2007-06-14 15:43:21)

#6 2007-06-14 18:33:24

Draken
Guild Member

you can't get a macro to wait for a certain amount of time, you will have to do that yourself.

"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"

"You got an organ going there, no wonder the sound has so much body!"

#7 2007-06-14 19:23:46

denatus
Retired Guildmaster
Website

You can have a castsequence, but macros cannot do logic's.

I recommend you read this site: http://www.wowwiki.com/Macros
2.0 Macro guide <-- This link on the site is where to read on creating you own macros.
Also check the "hunter" section.

I learned all my macro hackering there.

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit ... has limited imagination !

#8 2007-06-14 20:24:33

Lamme
Guildmaster

I read this already Dena, thanks anyway.
Can't really see where I'm trying to make macros do logic's.
I might be bit spoilt by StarCradt maps (and mission) creator. Was expecting similar mechanics.

#9 2007-06-15 01:08:26

Pyroflame
Forum User

Lamme wrote:

I'm thinking about a mod that would create me a little bar with all the marks we are curently using to mark mobs (star, skull etc.). Then, having a mob targeted, clicking on the symbol on that new bar would mark the targeted mob with that symbol. That's the easy part though, since we're generally marking mobs when off combat,l so we can take our time. The greater use of this would be when in combat. Then, clicking on a symbol would target the mob whom we already given a specific symbol before. From my point of view it would make concentrating dps way easier. If the symbols on our new bar would have a small mob's hp indicator (or at least showing which mob has least hp) it would be even better.
Come to think about it, maybe it would be better and easier to add a modifier - i.e. shift-clicking a symbol marks target, clicking targets it. Probably easier to be done and allows easy in combat marking.

mailed my friend about this.. he says it should be possible only it would be more like a symbol spammer and not a symbol targeter.. but he tries somethings out this weekend... we will see what happens smile

There is no Good nor Bad, only the decisions you face and the consequences of it...

#10 2007-06-15 12:44:52

Lamme
Guildmaster

the targeting part of the job would be the raelly valuable one, but - true - lets see what happens.

Board footer