The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-06-09 20:48:58

Alendir
Forum User

Alendir, Night Elf Druid

After much back-and-forthly pondering (and equally large amounts of nagging from Arilia, Meth and Baloth, <3) I've finally decided to give applying to this fine guild of yours a go! Without further ado, I present, for your joy and entertainment (though you'll have to bring your own popcorn)...

1: Me

Name: Philip Hartman
Occupation/work: Student
Level of activity: Higher than I'd wish it was! What with not having had much to do in the ways of school and work the last month or so, I've spent a fair few hours in front of the computer most days. Now, summer has struck with its fancy weather and spontaneous beach trips, and if things work out the way I hope they will, I'll also be occupied with work a fair bit, but I'll likely still be able to spend a decent amount of time online. I sadly can't, as other applicants are wont to do, promise anything about being able to raid every day of the week, offer 24/7 dedication, or anything of the like. I realize it might severely hamper my chances of success with this application, but I should be able to raid once or twice a week, at least, and likely more at certain points throughout the summer. I just want to make it clear that, however much I wish it wasn't so, I can't promise you my full and undying dedication every night of the week, because summertime is as grand a time as any to not spend in front of the computer (unlike, say, rainytime, which really puts a hamper on my willingness to pursue outdoor activities >_>). Anyway, with that out in the open (don't hate me sad), let's move on to...

2: My Character

Name/Class/Race/Gender: Alendir/Druid/Night Elf/It's an elf, how can you tell?! (male)
Stats: Ah, the joy of the druid; Thousands of gear setups and specs depending on the situation. Bear with me on this one. smile

Since the different specs of a druid are so different, I tend to respec a lot depending on my mood. I levelled as feral, specced feral/resto pvp hybrid upon reaching 70, respecced full feral after a while, and currently I've gone the fluffkin path (specced for pvp). I've gear for all these specs, and currently, since it's the newest addition, my balance gear is the most lacking, though it's rapidly improving. Since all aspects are important, I'll list my stats per gear set, with my current balance spec as foundation (meaning, for feral stats, tanking mitigation is decently accurate, though lacking some bear hp, but ap and such are way wrong). All stats are self-buffed, i.e. with MotW and nothing else. Resistances are arcane/fire/nature/frost/shadow.

Balance: 7264 hp, 8300 mana, 140/4 mp5, 541 spell damage, 12.73% crit (without moonkin), 43/25/35/25/25 resistances.
Tank (bear stats): 10864 (~12350 with feral spec) hp, 21389 (66.95%) armor, 416 defense (crit immune with feral spec), 16.93% (~21% feral spec) dodge, 883 ap, 9.88% crit (ap/crit way higher in feral spec obviously), 25/25/35/25/25 resistances.
Healing: 7254 hp, 8315 mana, 210/10 mp5, 1070 healing, 25/25/35/25/25 resistances.
Cat stats: Won't bother to type them out as the stats are completely spec-dependent. The gear is roughly at the same level as my tank gear.
Maxed out Fire Resistance: 195
Maxed out Arcane Resistance: 71
Maxed out Nature Resistance: 121
Maxed out Shadow Resistance: Low :p
Maxed out Frost Resistance: Even worse!

Phew, sorry for that mess! WTB less complex class. Anyhow, as I said, I respec often, and bar being at the brink of ruin money-wise, I'd not mind respeccing for a certain role if needed.

Talents: My current spec is as follows: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tcrziIogzVoxMhoZV0h . It's a balance spec aimed for pvp, explaining the lack of mana regeneration talents. If you want me to show you the specs I use for feral/resto just ask, but all in all they're fairly standarized, as WoW specs are wont to be.

Tradeskills: Enchanting (322/375) and Engineering (355/375). Will level enchanting as soon as I get a bunch of money to burn, but at the moment it's far too much money for too little gain (what with there being a ton of other people able to enchant the same things I'll be able to).

Honor Hold: Honored (teh irony >_>), 3605/12000
Ogri'la: Honored, 2895/12000
The Consortium: Revered, 4321/21000
Lower City: Revered, 2637/21000
Sha'tari Skyguard: Honored, 2327/12000
The Sha'tar: Honored, 6988/12000 (next in line to work on, for them heroics)
Keepers of Time: Neutral, 260/3000
Highest PvP rank: Knight-Lieutenant

Notable Alts: Bumbleberry, 70 Orc Hunter on Sylvanas. Currently not playing very much on him at all, though I pop in from time to time to say hi to friends.

3: Gear
Since CTProfiles are brought down indefinitely, I can't really show all aspects of my gear (what with armory and allakhazam's profiles only showing one set of gear at a time). Thus, I'll have to settle with linking my balance gear through armory (most of the time, anyhow, what with how unstable it is), and tank gear through allakhazam.
Balance (or whatever I'm wearing when armory updates): http://armory.wow-europe.com/#character … ;n=Alendir
Tank: http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?2407336

Basically my tanking and feral dps gear, as well as my healing gear, consists of regular level 70 instance drops, world drops and level 70 quest rewards. My balance gear, due to me respeccing only a couple of days ago, mostly consists of stuff I've bought from the AH, as well as whatever I've been able to scrape together through instancing, faction rewards and the like. While there's still a lot to improve, it is a solid enough set to let me put out competitive dps, and it will improve a lot as I continue to play. My alternate gear sets can be found inside the bags on the allakhazam profile, obviously, but my inventory isn't very orderly since I use an addon to swap gear.

As for my desert island gear, I'm mostly interested in balance and tank-gear at the moment. Some balance tier-4 pieces would be sweet, and there's a bunch of tank gear I'd love to put my paws on, as well. I'm also, of course, interested in feral-dps gear, but as it mostly comes in form of rogue-leather in kara and the likes (which is pretty lackluster tbh), I'm not too fussed about it. As far as resto gear goes, I'd love to pick some up for pvp and pve healing, but again, I'm not too fussed about it. So to summarize; Caster leather (and other caster items as long as I don't piss too many mages/locks/stuff off >_>) is highest on my wish-list; Tanking gear a close second.

4. Guild
Previous Guilds: Since I transferred this character to Stormreaver a bit more than a month ago to be able to play with Arilia, I haven't been in any other guilds here. Back on Burning Legion, I was in a lovely guild called Fate, but it kind of died a time before TBC was released, and since then I haven't really played back there. Fate was a semi-casual raiding and social guild, putting fun before progress, so we didn't really raid the real high-end stuff; We had MC/ZG/AQ20 on farm, and wiped a couple of times on the first boss of BWL, but that's pretty much it.

Ambitions: My ambitions in a guild are first and foremost to have fun. I love to see and experience the various raid instances in the game, and even more I love raiding with a group of cool people, no matter if we spend the whole evening wiping on a tricky encounter, or clear an entire instance in one sitting. But even outside raids, chatting, questing together, instancing or helping eachother out is what ultimately makes this a fun game to play. Epix and progress is great, of course, but what really matters in a guild for me is the community, the great people, the laughs we have together; Them purple pixels we all so adore and long for? Icing on the cake of what really matters.

Reasons for my application: Since I transferred over and got invited to the Disorder as a 'noob' and 'Friend of Arilia' I've met a ton of great people in here. At first I couldn't really make my mind up about raiding, since I felt I couldn't compete with the squad of 5-times-a-week 24/7 raiders I imagined you had queued up waiting for that elusive /ginvite, and was content with just playing and having fun with the awesome folks I've met, but recently (and with the help of much nagging from said awesome folks wink) I've decided I'd love to go and raid with the guild, to finally see all those neat raid instances everyone's talking about all the time. There's a whole side of the game I haven't seen other than in screenshots on the net, and I'd love to finally experience it first-hand. I'd also very much like to hop on the bandwagon while Karazhan is still "the main instance", and not wait until the main raiding population is three tiers ahead as it was for me back in the retail days, since after all, "Yey, I pwned Ragnaros, woo!" kind of loses its glamour when your everyday gaming buddy cleared Naxx the week before.

People I know in TEO: Arilia, of course. One of my best IRL friends, a great guy, and the whole reason I ended up on this server in the first place smile. Since I joined TEdO I've also come to know and play with Methlin/Theredon and Baloth/Belgathor quite a lot, both awesome guys who I'm real glad to have bumped into! I've also instanced/quested/helped-out/been-helped-by/chatted-with a bunch of other people from the guild during the weeks I've been around, and hopefully I haven't managed to embarrass myself too much in front of them - One or two might even know who I am!

What I can bring to you in return:
(Aw, I hate this part, it always feels like I'm a total braggart :p. But I guess it can't be helped, so here goes!)

Although I'm not as active as the more hardcore players out there, I do know how to play the game, and mostly all aspects of my class. I'm a quick learner of raid encounters, quick to adapt when it's required, and perhaps most importantly, know to shut up and listen when people who're more informed than I explain stuff. I don't often make the same mistake twice, and as previously mentioned, if a specific role is needed, I'd be glad to respec and fill it as long as I have enough money to do so! I also don't simply sigh and give up if things aren't going smoothly, for example after consecutive wipes on a boss, but keep trying to overcome whatever difficulty we're posed against.

Furthermore, I don't mind helping people out if I'm able, with quests or whatnot; generally if I've the time and isn't busy doing stuff where other people rely on me, I'll be happy to help! And even though I might occasionally whine in /g about some major blizzard screwup or bug ruining hours of work, I never spam the chat, cuss people out or any other such asshattery. After all, it's just a game, and getting personal and insultive doesn't solve much of anything, I've noticed (heh, that sounds so cliche :p). All in all, I hopefully will be a helpful addition to the guild both raiding and non-raiding wise, and I'll certainly do my very best to not make too much of a mess of myself! smile

5: Game

/Played: 46 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes in total, 6 days 58 minutes of those on level 70.

Raiding Experience: All of MC, ZG, AQ20, first boss of BWL.

Ambition with playing the game: As I've hinted above, I play WoW mostly for the social aspects. The game itself is pretty fun, but the friends are what makes me stick around! I love accomplishing stuff such as getting high arena ratings or overcoming a tricky raid encounter, but I'd rather wipe all day and have a good time with friends, than clear the entire Black Temple in one sitting with pain-in-the-arse randoms.

Other significant gaming experience: Before WoW, I used to play Diablo II on a rather high competitive level - I loved the pvp of that game, and played with the top duellers in europe back in the days. I've also done quite a bit of roleplaying on roleplaying servers via Neverwinter Nights.

My Computer: Nothing too hot, but it's perfectly fine for running WoW. I've a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 1 gig of RAM, running a 64 MB Radeon
9600 Pro video card. The only place I've really noticed reoccurring lag is during the first wave on the Battle of the Crimson Order quest in Shadowmoon, otherwise everything runs smoothly.

--

Well, there you have it smile. Thanks for taking the time to read through all of my rambling - now excuse me while I go to nervously fret in a corner awaiting your answer!

- Alendir

#2 2007-06-09 21:13:00

Warsaw
Guild Member

Re: Alendir, Night Elf Druid

Nice, friendly guy. He helped my alt few times without any benefits for him :-)

GL.

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#3 2007-06-09 21:19:14

Enimusha
Officer

Insanely good application Philip! This is how you apply to a guild, great job.

With me going inactive, i think a druid spot just opened in the guild. You having friends in the guild and the way you play the game (social aspect), i think you would fit TEO perfectly. Ofcourse the final decision is up to Mojorising, our dear durid leader.

GL! smile

#4 2007-06-09 21:28:39

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Just about a perfect application, just too bad you're a druid and not a shaman sad
Anyway, as enimusha says, a spot might be open, but it's up to the others to decide, GL smile

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#5 2007-06-09 22:03:47

Baloth
Guild Friend

about time alendir big_smile!
he's an imba guy, helped me tons of times without benefit just like warsaw smile plus he has a notable english accent big_smile
gets my vote, gl alendir!

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8747/balothavatargm0.jpg

#6 2007-06-09 22:09:13

Euthia
Guild Friend

Great application. I wish you good luck smile

#7 2007-06-09 22:21:21

arilia
Forum User

God, finally. Nagging works! It feels pretty redundant to add _anything_ at all after this essay/novel/thesis. This is without any doubt the best application TEO has ever seen. big_smile

Philip is, as he previously wrote, one of my closest IRL friends. We met back in middle-school and have been sticking together since. A great guy who I am sure would fit very well in TEO.
He knows everything worth knowing about the game and plays his class perfectly well. Definitely an asset in every way possible.

INVITE!

edit* typo

Last edited by arilia (2007-06-10 22:03:44)

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3761/1180851127257zt1.gif

#8 2007-06-09 22:49:07

Alendir
Forum User

Wee, thanks a bunch for the support, guys! <3

Here's to hoping. smile

#9 2007-06-09 22:50:22

Gogeta
Guild Member

"throws a vote" GL, seems like a nice dude : )

Frasieris - Warrior - TEO

"i know who i am! i'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude!"

#10 2007-06-09 23:46:50

Lydo
Guild Member

One of the best applications I have seen here smile

GL.

btw, if I remember right I think I have done an instance or two with you.

Last edited by lydomina (2007-06-09 23:47:32)

#11 2007-06-10 00:48:50

Boltan
Retired CL

wall of text and so forth.. After reading all that had to actually check again how old you were. smile It really showed something really mature and friendly in that text and everything points to a thumbs up for you.

And as Enimusha said, a prime example on a very good application.

Seems like a keeper in any case, lets hope we have some space for you. Better warn you though that one of the prime needs for us at the moment are healers. So a good healer would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Boltan (2007-06-10 00:50:09)

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
     - random lock on the EU forums

#12 2007-06-10 04:58:38

Theredon
Guild Member

Quite an application there wink I've played quite alot with Alendir the past few weeks (mainly through my alt). Alendir is very friendly and an awesome  player, can't remember how many times he's helped me out . I can strongly recomend this druid. GL Philip, I'll keep my thumbs up for ya smile

Last edited by Theredon (2007-06-10 05:05:41)

#13 2007-06-11 12:41:36

Lamme
Guildmaster

since I've been playing a lot with 'the gang' recently (Belgathor, Theredon's alt and Alendir) I sure can say that this here druid would be an asset.

and ye, as Belgathor wrote, the accent - thumbs up.

totally
- gets my vote

#14 2007-06-11 19:15:31

Daff
Guild Friend

I'd say this is the very best application I've ever seen. GL m8 big_smile

Immortality will come to such as are fit for it.

Daff Level 70 Dwarf Paladin <The Enigma Order>
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4622/gruulpwndvk6.jpg

#15 2007-06-13 03:30:29

arilia
Forum User

So.. Stealth bump for Mojo.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3761/1180851127257zt1.gif

#16 2007-06-15 14:57:13

Mojorising
Officer
Website