The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!
  • Index
  •  » Hunter
  •  » Surprising recipe for maximizing raid dps. Hunters pls discuss.

#1 2007-06-12 13:59:31

Lamme
Guildmaster

Surprising recipe for maximizing raid dps. Hunters pls discuss.

This seems to be rather important, possibly very usefull and I'm very sure I don't like it one bit:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm … &sid=1

I would say every hunter should read the first post at least, I can tell you that the following pages are pretty much people saying 'gj', 'true' etc. So there has to be something in it, possibly it's just true.

Despite all the reading I a. can't be arsed to repsec like that, b. can't imagine keeping pet alive on lots of bosses and stronger trashes.

Very much interested in your opinions.

edit: That's what I was relating to yesterday Theredon.

Last edited by Lamme (2007-06-12 14:00:23)

#2 2007-06-13 15:10:49

Lamme
Guildmaster

Re: Surprising recipe for maximizing raid dps. Hunters pls discuss.

Don't want to start another topic, so I'll just add something here:

I've found shots to generate way more aggro as well since patch. Hunters used to be able to just nuke fullout all the time, when using FD each time it was up (after 4times it was nearly impossible to regain aggro). But nowadays I find myself stopping DPS because I gain aggro faster than I can dump with FD.

At first I thought it was because of the increased damage we get now from the new Hunter's Mark, but the new aggrogain is disproportional of the damage increase we got. It almost seems like its the Hunter's Mark itself that is generating aggro, or to be more precise, the +11 attackpower debuff that lands on the target everytime you hit it. Afaik applying debuffs on a target generates aggro, so maybe this is the reason of the increased aggro-gain? (Think of it as a ranged Sunder Armor.)

No blue answer, a few people saying that this indeed may be the case though.
I'm thinking I'll try to apply mark after a feign death to see if that will make things any easier for me.

#3 2007-06-13 18:18:52

Elris
Dragonslayer, Officer

I have read that post some week ago and i was serius wondering to respecc and still are ,
Im not sure i like the idea to just push one single button for about 4 hours straight it will in my eyes kill what makes the hunter class the most challenging i have tried ,
havent tried much tbh but the little i have its just press some few buttons and have fun looking att all dmg you can do.
the times i have over nuked at prince , nightbane a few times XD is when i have gotten the perfect timing and due to that i forgot the have a eye on the ktm meter .

im not sure what to specc BM for even more imba dps (for me more boring raids) or surv for better raid buff (to low agi atm for surv) or to stay MM and have fun as i have now almost wiping raids in kara ^^ the subject is still open for me

For a Bm huntur in a raid healers will have to throw a hot on it from time to time but i think it can manage quite well with the new talent (avoidence) ,it was a huge buff to all hunters . Loosing the pet mid combat on a boss will drain lots of mana for fd ressing and healing up the poor pet and skipping that as a bm aint a option i think (never been one so )due to major loss in dps

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-592324.jpg
http://www.zetbit.com/sig-592332.jpg

{I put a gun to my head, pulled the trigger
"Sorry, that target is too close" } (Aerevyn )

#4 2007-06-17 10:43:59

Hema
Guild Member

Trying this spec atm. Only done a few 5-man instances with dps meter running, but it seems to work very well. Due to my shite gear the Kara-epixxed-up mage in the group normally out-DPS's me, but after the respec i beat him for a change.

The pet does a surprising amount of overall DPS (for me at least), so keeping the pet up is obviously important. Guess its a matter of learning to control when your pet can/cannot go into combat without dying. Level 70 elites in heroic instances still pretty much 2 -3 shot my cat, so i'll see what difference using a bear or warp-stalker makes.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/sig/2938877

• Index
  •  » Hunter
  •  » Surprising recipe for maximizing raid dps. Hunters pls discuss.

Board footer