You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-10-11 17:59:18

Lamme
Guildmaster

Question

mhm, here comes a good one -

Does the bonus damage to a dazed target effect on steady shot does work as it should?
I remember it didn't shortly after TBC hit the stores, but there was a lot of fuss about it (since hunters are good at making fuss) and I think that something was modified on that field.

Been thinking about this and some other details since I'm about to ammend some flaws my current talents setup has. At this stage i was thinking about going for something like this, but there are some parts of it I'm not too fond of. Could transfer some points from Improved Arcane Shot, since I can live without it, the points are there casue they have to be somewhere for now.

Thinking about re-socketing my armor back to AP from AGI, casue I wanna be different, it used to suit me perfectly fine and crits aren't something I can rely on. The more AP the more dmg from Steady Shot, the dazed bonus would fit in nicely to the picture.

Also, while we're at the details - I'm pretty sure at least of us has Improved Hunter's Mark. That's actually quite important, since the stackable ap bonus. I wonder who has it?

#2 2007-10-11 18:29:59

Zevski
Guild Member

Re: Question

I have it!
and also trueshot aura> i respecced back to full MM - my dps was awfull with MM&Surv mix and i wasnt sure if the extra damage caused by expose weakness buff, was worth the lack of my own dps..

it would be really cool if we could experiment with 2 identical raids but with one , a hunter using expose weakness and the other using his regular spec tongue and see the difference in raid damage done(although i know setting up 2 identical raids is nye on impossible)

Last edited by Zevski (2007-10-11 18:34:11)

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-428934.jpg

#3 2007-10-11 20:10:38

Sarcon
Forum User

Zevski wrote:

I have it!
and also trueshot aura> i respecced back to full MM - my dps was awfull with MM&Surv mix and i wasnt sure if the extra damage caused by expose weakness buff, was worth the lack of my own dps..

You own overall dmg will be lesser with the Expose Weakness.
Raids overall dmg will however be greatly increased, so imo if you're raiding it still worth it. Sacrifize yourself for the team wink

As for the dazed effect, I'm not quite sure myself. I do think it works, since I've seen slightly higher Steady Shots while experimenting with it in instances, but it's not anything particular.

http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/sig.php/1515980WBKor.png

#4 2007-10-12 12:52:41

Lamme
Guildmaster

it's supposed to be just slightly higher - 175 dmg if I remember correct. still, 6% chances for dazed effect each shot, that's not something to be ignored.

and btw - some changes to TSA in latest patch (0 mana cost, lasts until canceled). usefull I guess, but it still somehow fails. especially with all those changes where more stuff is being based on ap. dissapointment.

#5 2007-10-12 17:00:30

Theredon
Guild Member

Lamme wrote:

if I remember correct. still, 6% chances for dazed effect each shot

What do you mean :?

Board footer