Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-02-09 03:44:56

kees
Guild Friend

Learning experiences

He you guys

Im not sure where to put this topic, so i'll just post it here ^^

-------------------------

Everyone must have had some point in their wow career where they found something that greatly increased their knowledge about their class, or just playing style in general. This can be through a site, other player, a movie etc. , anything that just gave you that epifany feeling of, OMFG ITS ALL BECOMING CLEAR TO ME, JEH THIS IS GONNA WORK LIKE HELL big_smile.

Now what im interested in, is sharing these experiences and giving links or whatever, so that we all may profit. So if this topic works, we will have some sort of a vast databank worth of OMFG EXPERIENCES (or even just really usefull links that come close to this).

-------------------------

In my own personal experience im talking about tanking with my 60 orc and now 70 draenei big_smile (trained my orc 1 level after tbc, but never managed to get further).

My first epifany was, tbh. Getting the q for defensive stance at 60 wich i didnt do till then with my orc, and learning about sunder armor.

With my draenei however, i had the experience of having tanked literally (i've counted them big_smile) 89 ubrs runs with my orc.
So with all the basics in my bag, i've developed an intuitive tanking style. Meaning, I dont use skill rotations or whatever tanking tactics, i just tank according to what my mind tells me to do. This has worked great for me. But now i want more, and i know its possible.

Recently (for about 1 month now) i've been reading tons and tons of forums and site about tanking. Skimmed through all the crap and found some very usefull tips.

Here's a small list of the ones wich helped me the most :

- Just plain and simple, the wow class forum stickies.
- www.tankingtips.com (most of the things here most people already know, but still. I've found it quite usefull)
- www.tankingspot.com (just on overall compilation of tanking stuff)
(also for dps, its the discovery of slam rotations with the autoattack reset and stuff, but there's a link on the warrior forums to a very well made, well explained video about it.)

I dont really have anything else that comes to mind. So you'll have to do it with this for my part.

I really hope you can share some of your experiences with me, your class, generally everyone in teo and even everyone watching the forums.
Every tiny bit helpes, and i bet if we all learn those unnoticed little things. You can become great in playing your class, instead of just good smile

(most rofl example for me = dont kill critters in raids/party's, the tanks can use them in between mob groups to maintain rage by staying in combat slaying rats)

#2 2008-02-09 03:56:56

Beardstorm
Mahogany - Retired CL
Website

Re: Learning experiences

When I discovered that +hit is good sometime late in retail

Please donate to the "One shot Aya with a shield slam fund", all bits of metalz welcome.

#3 2008-02-09 05:58:50

Ino
Dragonslayer
Website

yesterday, id never really read the tooltip on imp JoC, i only thought i recived a extra 3%, when its the whole raid yikes

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1678470.jpg

#4 2008-02-09 07:26:49

Baloth
Guild Friend

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8747/balothavatargm0.jpg

Board footer