The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2008-02-07 10:40:40

Vonhankkija
Officer

Justinia..

Hey mate, could you send me some information what comes to your raid activity. I have not seen you raiding for a long time and would want to know what are your plans in future.

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#2 2008-02-07 12:45:24

Justinia
Guild Friend

Re: Justinia..

Hey! I know that I haven't exactly been keeping my promises regarding activity lately, but I'm planning to start being active again. As I'm sure you are very well aware of - my current spec is retribution. And with that spec I haven't gotten to raid as much. I think retribution has grown to be a quite decent raid-dps spec, but not everyone thinks so..

So with that being said - I'm going back to Holy again due to the raid on Sunday, so I hope I can come along with you guys. I've also signed for some other raids as well. I'm hoping that I can be as active as you guys want, but I can only stretch so far as my school allows me. I hope that I can blame at this being my last semester..

smile

Edit: Gee, I think I like the word "hope" tongue

Last edited by Justinia (2008-02-07 12:46:35)

#3 2008-02-07 19:32:18

Vonhankkija
Officer

Okey, nice to hear smile

I understand that currently we have bit unfair situation with retribution paladins. I know that both you and Phill would want to raid as retribution and we have talked about it with other officers. Thing is that in TBC melee dps spots are quite limited, 3 - 4 optimal / raid, and you guys need to compete against other melee dps classes. Our current dps melee's Warsaw, 12jango and Lydo are usually toppin the DPS meters so that's why we usually often prioritize them to raids. It's very important that we have max dps in encounters like Vashj or Kael and that's just bare fact. There's usually often feral druid as dps in raids and that's the spot where you guys could compete. There's just one big advantage taking feral druid to raid and that's fact that they can help as tanks when needed. Retribution paladins just can't tank even nearly as good as feral druids, so you need to stick as dps all the time. And that's prolly one thing that has hold you guys so long in back.

However we are trying to fix our raid combinations for hyjal/bt raiding and we are trying to reserve dps spot for melee paladins too. BUT we want that paladin be top geared, so it kinda means S3 or S2/T5 after 2.4 retri gear update. smile

Anyway welcome back, i hope you can sign activily at least 1 - 2 raids / week and to say truth i kinda except it too smile

"- Tuskin Mikankaan kohalla on väkisin työnnetty piikkiä perseeseen, Nykänen päätteli."

#4 2008-02-07 20:28:12

Boltan
Retired CL

melee spots are hard to find indeed neutral for even retri, let alone melee shamans <.<

People are like slinkies. Cheap and useless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
     - random lock on the EU forums

#5 2008-02-07 20:30:19

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Blizzard needs to equal out melee/ranged/healer spots tbh. 7 healers, 7 melee and 7 ranged + 4 tanks would be most fair.

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/q03263-2.png

#6 2008-03-03 19:10:27

Sonsuz
Forum User

tbh ive been retri for my last 2 guilds when we did 25 men.My Gear is S3/T5.Alltho my Deep Thunder was close to being a Stormherald i dps'ed with my Gorehowl and i always managed to stay in our top 5.Even tho Paladins are not ment to be main top dps'er we contribute alot of damage.For Example that our Seal of the Crusader increases +crit on a boss.Another+ point for paladins is the fact that they are in close range to keep Judgements on the boss such os Wisdom and Light.It allready has been proven that a retridin holdin up Judgement of Light is far more better then a lifebloom in raids.My dps was always fine and i did what i always wanted to do.I had some help of my friends who are PvE retri aswell and they said themselfs that when my gear improves paladins will actually be able to sustain a viable dps.

#7 2008-03-03 19:20:08

Lydo
Guild Member

the day when hybrid dps classes are picked to raids over rogues is the day when rogue class is dead in pve, we are already on the edge.. what do we bring to the raid? absolutely nothing but dps.

#8 2008-03-03 20:20:02

Sonsuz
Forum User

youre the ones that take a killing blow for us so we last longer :p

#9 2008-03-04 01:07:06

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Lydo wrote:

the day when hybrid dps classes are picked to raids over rogues is the day when rogue class is dead in pve, we are already on the edge.. what do we bring to the raid? absolutely nothing but dps.

Nobody is talking about picking hybrids over rogues, but I think it's fair to say we don't need or want rogues in every melee spot open. Also, no one who plays a hybrid and has a normal amount of IQ wanna be able to outdps pure dps classes like mages and rogues, but we wanna have a combination of dps and utility good enough to be a great choice for raiding. 80% of the pure classes dmg would be ok (much less and most of the absentminded people in this game would go "lol get a real dps instead"), and then utility enough to make up for those last 20% in terms of buffing other dps so they do alot more dmg than without you.

#10 2008-03-04 01:57:09

Lydo
Guild Member

Apox wrote:

Lydo wrote:

Nobody is talking about picking hybrids over rogues, but I think it's fair to say we don't need or want rogues in every melee spot open. Also, no one who plays a hybrid and has a normal amount of IQ wanna be able to outdps pure dps classes like mages and rogues, but we wanna have a combination of dps and utility good enough to be a great choice for raiding. 80% of the pure classes dmg would be ok (much less and most of the absentminded people in this game would go "lol get a real dps instead"), and then utility enough to make up for those last 20% in terms of buffing other dps so they do alot more dmg than without you.

We really should try to bring 1 retripaladin and 1 enhancement shamans to the raid, but the thing what sucks for them is that they never can be sure when they can play the spec they would like to due to the lack of healers in the raid.

#11 2008-03-04 02:21:02

Sonsuz
Forum User

2 Retri paladins is really nice just because of the things they contribute for the raid.You can even give 1 paladin Nightfall wich increases everyone's spelldamage (alltho its a chance on hit a friend of uses this lvl 60 weapon in BT).Not always wielding Nightfall ofc :p but it does its job when it gets a bit hard on a boss.
http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=52882

makes a great example.

#12 2008-03-04 02:23:32

Windir
Founding Member

will the hybrid make up for the "loss" of pure dps in heavy dps encounters like the upcoming Brutallus where all dps needs to go above 2k dps to be able to beat the enrage timer ?

Outside lies doom

#13 2008-03-04 02:36:06

Obscure
Founding Member

Lol at the boss called "Brutallus".  He just _got_ to be a bad ass.

#14 2008-03-04 02:38:54

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Lydo wrote:

but the thing what sucks for them is that they never can be sure when they can play the spec they would like to due to the lack of healers in the raid.

Exactly. If they sign, 90% of the time they have to respec and heal.

#15 2008-03-04 02:40:39

Apox
Founding Member
Website

Ihsahn wrote:

will the hybrid make up for the "loss" of pure dps in heavy dps encounters like the upcoming Brutallus where all dps needs to go above 2k dps to be able to beat the enrage timer ?

No idea, but I know for sure shamans in BT can push 1800dps given the right encounter and gear. Perhaps even more. (in the same fights rogues are pushing 2200)

#16 2008-03-04 20:01:22

Sonsuz
Forum User

Ihsahn wrote:

propably they wont make up for it damagewise but contributewise they will ye.

#17 2008-03-09 15:04:34

Strongbolt
Forum User

Ihsahn wrote:

I normally dont post here anymore and just read for the discussions you have going sometimes...

But an enh shaman is THE best melee group buffer you can get. WF, +10% ap, heroism, they do the most for a 5 man group. Also not putting a wf totem with a retri paladin is a missed opportunity. 3% crit raidwide and jow and jol up are quite imba for the raid aswell, and you add 2% dmg to the group (it aint much but it comes with the aura anyway).

Only good benchmark I have so far for myself is being 3rd in dmg done on the 2nd boss in hyjal with 1026 dps while having to hold back since I almost overtook the MT in threat. So thats dps without enh shammy buffs but just wf, almost no trinket cooldowns used and no AW used and skipping some cycles in dps to not overtake the MT (i have no clue why he didnt have more threat).

Strongbolt can't use a buckler ~~

Board footer