The Enigma Order

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to The Enigma Order forums!

#1 2007-10-25 02:52:34

Solok
Guild Member

Tanking Leothoras the blind

With Kathress down we only have Leothoras left before vash and for this fight we need a warlock tank with FR and most likely MD spec for the extra resistance. The target is is the get ~250FR unbuffed and 12.5k hp unbuffed. This means without the MD buff from felhunter.
In order to do this we will need to get as much of the Epic FR set that you can get from the heroic badges.

But most important are the Boots and legs http://wowhead.com/?item=30763 http://wowhead.com/?item=30761 as you can get http://wowhead.com/?items=4.1&filte … rs=1;crv=0 set for the rest of the pieces. This will give a bit less stam and only 10less FR leading to 240FR but this is ALOT easyer achievable.

The guild will help get the items as much as possible and there will be another thread about it. Also there will be a dkp bonus for getting the epic items but atm we are still discussing how much this is seeing that it requires loads of time to gather all the badges. (you should think at a range of 10-20dkp per epix FR item) but as i said we're still discussing it.

Also this will ofc increase your chances of getting picked for a raid tongue. So i encourage you all to farm as much badges as possible smile.
More info to come soon.

"Like a gnome at a urinal I had to keep on my toes"

#2 2007-10-25 04:22:18

arilia
Forum User

Re: Tanking Leothoras the blind

Badge-farming for resist gear just before 2.3?

(Silence) big_smile

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3761/1180851127257zt1.gif

#3 2007-10-25 12:54:54

Warsaw
Guild Member

Badge farming when we are actually on the boss... (silience) big_smile

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#4 2007-10-28 21:26:49

Mojorising
Officer
Website

bump, could you guys start posting your FR here, or how far you are from tanking him?

#5 2007-10-31 22:46:21

Mojorising
Officer
Website

here is a nice guide written for the warlock tank:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm … &sid=1

I suggest you read it if you want to tank him at some point, its very well written smile

#6 2007-11-01 00:00:54

arilia
Forum User

Soz I m banned I cant farm res gear let solok do it instead, k.

#7 2007-11-07 17:17:48

Lamme
Guildmaster

doing good guys?
if a decision is made we're going SSC this reset, ale we good to have a try at him?

need anything particular in that matter, other than badges, people could help getting (just don't say 'gold'smile?

#8 2007-11-07 17:21:27

arilia
Forum User

Still waiting for something similar to when we gave our tanks resist gear for Hydross...

#9 2007-11-07 19:33:24

Mojorising
Officer
Website

arilia wrote:

Still waiting for something similar to when we gave our tanks resist gear for Hydross...

This must be one of the most greedy things i've read on these forums yet.

There was already explained that you would get some dkp for getting FR stuff..

dude,.. get a grip.

#10 2007-11-07 19:59:15

arilia
Forum User

Mojorising wrote:

arilia wrote:

This must be one of the most greedy things i've read on these forums yet.

There was already explained that you would get some dkp for getting FR stuff..

dude,.. get a grip.

Are you serious? In that case - LOL

#11 2007-11-07 20:12:36

Mojorising
Officer
Website

ofc i am.. some of the other warlocks are working to get their gear, you want others to do the job for you.
Start collecting, so we can advance in SSC.

#12 2007-11-07 20:17:05

arilia
Forum User

Mojo, it's very clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. It's simply hilarious how you expect others to contribute when you don't do anything.

Fire res gear worthy Leo costs about 500ish gold, and about 40-50badges. Plus a respecc in order to be able to keep aggro. - That's another 55g.

This is no different to the Hydross scenario, when we collected material to ress gear, or back in the AQ40 days when some locks got money/material from our bank to craft the gear that was required.

So don't fucking talk about me being greedy. This is how it has worked in the past. Why would anything be different now?

Ps. The dkp bonus is for the epic badge-parts only. L2read imo.

#13 2007-11-07 21:29:42

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Im not doing anything?
I can assure you, that im doing more than most people, and i know that most Classleaders, Officers and active raiders will back me up on this one.

The fact that you come with a comment on that you will wait for GB to sponsor you, is in my eyes a sign, that you wont do anything on your own to help the guild progress. - how many badges have you spend on FR gear so far?
I do not recall getting any wispers from you, asking if i want to help out in some heroics, so you can get the badges needed.

and dont give me the L2R bull.. here is what There was Written:

Solok wrote:

In order to do this we will need to get as much of the Epic FR set that you can get from the heroic badges.

cant see that it says you need 1k gold to spend on a single boss.

Also.. you havent even asked if the guildbanks had some primal fires, you just sit back and wait for it to arrive in the mail,,, what about doing something about it?? thats all im asking for..

So stop expecting others to do the work, and get started.. then we can talk about doing something for the guild.

#14 2007-11-07 21:34:09

Lydo
Guild Member

simply unbeliavable..

#15 2007-11-07 21:53:43

Mojorising
Officer
Website

arilia wrote:

It's simply hilarious how you expect others to contribute when you don't do anything.

And just one more side note to this.

I know it must be hard for you too see that we are some that are working our asses off, to make the raid as smooth as possible, spending hours in advance with signups, reading tacs etc...

Warriors are constantly respeccing for raids, thats 55g everytime they want to do arena, grind something etc outside raids.. respec for leo? i see thats hard for you =/

Woot?? you need to get gear outside an instance yikes  - news flash.. alot of people in the guild have been farming their asses off, to get good enough gear for us to go anywhere.. From rogues having to do arenas in order to get something powerful enough to make a difference, to some of our druids who are willingly speccing resto for a raid if we need healers, and are bidding with their dkp on gear, so they can do an effencient job.

Its not everyone here, who like you, choose to slack on the raid, beeing unprepaired, semi afk, unfocused for raids, and let a raid stand for its final attempt for a boss fully buffed and ready to go, just waiting 5 min before you decide that it might be about time you stop spamming a channel, and get you ass back into the raid.

You are rude, doing noting but writing shit and spamming, and are in my eyes not an asset to our raids in any ways. The fact that you decide to say that kind of bull, in a weak attempt to save your self from doing anything for a change, makes me just that more sertain, that you are not a person i would like to see in any place, where it actually takes something from each raiding member before we succed.

After yesterdays raid, where we discussed your focus in officer channel i decided that this was something i would have talked to you in private about one of the following days, but i might as well say it now, because i get really pissed about you trying to do a personal attack like that.

Get yout act strait.. this isnt 40 man raiding, where you can slack your way through progression raids anymore.. we actually require something from our raiders now, i dont know if this comes as an big surprise for you.

#16 2007-11-07 22:11:19

Warsaw
Guild Member

Arilla,
you re imba mate generally, have no idea why you acting like that lately, couse i have to agree 100% with Mojo. Really hope it is temporary state.

Guys lets cut this discusion in this moment, dont think that continuing will do anything good. So take your lesson from it everyone (tip - think "what can i do to help the guild"), and maby Obscure's style close the topic wisely.

...and make serious one about Locks gearing with FR.

Last edited by Warsaw (2007-11-07 22:13:07)

Dwight: Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5697/shirtripkh5.gif

#17 2007-11-07 22:30:03

arilia
Forum User

Haha!

You people... The reason I wrote what I wrote (my first post that made everyone lose their minds) was because I _really_ thought something similar to the hydross-case was about to be announced. Since it's the exact same situation.

..And then you start this witch-hunt, calling be greedy and are extremely judgmental. I can only describe this as really really sad. Especially when it comes from Warsaw and Lydo, who I really like.

But since it's already started...

My points is, which you refuse to see, that it's very easy to sit around, telling other to Do stuff in order to being able to progress in PvE.
And I'm not talking about Your role in the guild Mojo, or what you have done for TEO. - Which is highly irrelevant in this case. I'm, of course, talking about topic.

And you have, i a very narrow-minded way, made it clear that I'm greedy. "OK".  But please. Please tell me the difference between this and the Hydross-case. Or AQ40. Or what so ever. It's like you're avoiding it.

Mojorising wrote:

Also.. you haven't even asked if the guildbanks had some primal fires, you just sit back and wait for it to arrive in the mail,,, what about doing something about it?? thats all im asking for..

Eh? So now the guildbank might be able to sponser us? It's just a question about me asking for mats, rather than you asking me? O.o

Mojorising wrote:

cant see that it says you need 1k gold to spend on a single boss.

Nope, but it will cost me around 500g, as I wrote before. That's a fact.

Anyhow, it's really interesting to see how you handle these kind of things...

#18 2007-11-07 22:43:17

Mojorising
Officer
Website

no one is forcing you to do this..

You can ask guildbank for help if you want to collect, but stop sitting around and waiting for us to come to you.. we already did by making this post.

and why is it a fact that you have to spend 500g? - and did it ever occur to you, that others have already done these things?

I dont want to compare 1 thing to another.. why should i care what the tanks recived in AQ40 ? i didnt recive a single thing there.. Should i wait for the guildbank to send me something, because the tanks got something back then and i didnt?

And how did you think the tanks got resistance gear for Hydross? people farmed their asses off to get these things.. again. you can go farm heroics with guildies to get some badges, and do what they did. Then maybe we can start compare the two things. You could also make a post on the loot forum, telling people that you are collecting FR gear, but that you need primal fires.. im sure that those who got some to spare would send it, just like they did when tanks needed resistance gear for hydross.

And what makes you think i just sit around and tell others what to do? I cant see where you get this from. - Again, if you had made some kind of indication that you was collecting gear, i would might have signed as tank for an heroic run.. none the less, i dont see anything from you, reaching out for help.. all i see is critisism against me, and those who share the same views on this matter.

#19 2007-11-07 22:47:58

arilia
Forum User

Mojorising wrote:

arilia wrote:

It's simply hilarious how you expect others to contribute when you don't do anything.

And just one more side note to this.

I know it must be hard for you too see that we are some that are working our asses off, to make the raid as smooth as possible, spending hours in advance with signups, reading tacs etc...

Warriors are constantly respeccing for raids, thats 55g everytime they want to do arena, grind something etc outside raids.. respec for leo? i see thats hard for you =/

Woot?? you need to get gear outside an instance yikes  - news flash.. alot of people in the guild have been farming their asses off, to get good enough gear for us to go anywhere.. From rogues having to do arenas in order to get something powerful enough to make a difference, to some of our druids who are willingly speccing resto for a raid if we need healers, and are bidding with their dkp on gear, so they can do an effencient job.

Its not everyone here, who like you, choose to slack on the raid, beeing unprepaired, semi afk, unfocused for raids, and let a raid stand for its final attempt for a boss fully buffed and ready to go, just waiting 5 min before you decide that it might be about time you stop spamming a channel, and get you ass back into the raid.

You are rude, doing noting but writing shit and spamming, and are in my eyes not an asset to our raids in any ways. The fact that you decide to say that kind of bull, in a weak attempt to save your self from doing anything for a change, makes me just that more sertain, that you are not a person i would like to see in any place, where it actually takes something from each raiding member before we succed.

After yesterdays raid, where we discussed your focus in officer channel i decided that this was something i would have talked to you in private about one of the following days, but i might as well say it now, because i get really pissed about you trying to do a personal attack like that.

Get yout act strait.. this isnt 40 man raiding, where you can slack your way through progression raids anymore.. we actually require something from our raiders now, i dont know if this comes as an big surprise for you.

When I top the dmg-meters, don't die in ridiculous ways like soo many others, especially on Al'ar yesterday, and in general preform well in raids - You have no right, what so ever to call me unfocused.

I do, on the other hand, think our raids lately have been unbelievingly dull. People keep dying on trash, healing is assigned badly, tanks don't know what to tank etc etc. Which all leads up to a big WIPE. And that how our raids have been like lately, which is a well-known fact. Dull. And I much rather talk to people in /enigma or /1 than seeing the _same_ people do the _same_ mistakes over and over again. Talking about me slacking in raids etc is just lack of better arguments, which I wont even reply to.

And this is what matters, and I'll write this in caps since you doesn't seem to understand: IT'S HOW YOU PREFORM IN THE RAIDS THAT MATTERS.

Simply as that.

About personal-attacks? Please. What you just did, in this quote above is a personal-attack. What I did was just to answer to your accusations.

#20 2007-11-07 22:56:03

arilia
Forum User

This is going no where, Mojo. You are flip-flopping like a certain American president and avoiding questions.
You seem to think this thread is about you, and how sorry you feel for yourself.

Ridiculous.

#21 2007-11-07 23:01:18

Mojorising
Officer
Website

Just the fact that you base your defense by saying you top dmg meters, dont die in rediculous ways and seeing the same  people do the same mistakes over and over again shows me, that you have no clue what so ever about raiding 25 man instances, or what progression raids are all about.

Raiding might be boring for you, but we are many that likes it, and who are you signing up, if all you do is chat in enigma and general.. to me, thats part of raids going bad.

If you see healing is assigned badly, and that we all are doing stupid mistakes over and over again, why not share your thoughts instead of just thinking "this is dull, let me do something else, earn my dkp for a wipenight, and then dont do shit untill i get my gear from guildbank". This is a team game, and what you said about you are not unfocused in raids i can tell you we were 24 people who could prove you wrong last night.

As you said your self, its how you perform in raids that matters. Its not topping dmg meter or avoid to die.. Its about doing what is needed from you, so we dont keep on doing the same mistakes.

#22 2007-11-07 23:43:23

arilia
Forum User

Mojorising wrote:

Just the fact that you base your defense by saying you top dmg meters, dont die in rediculous ways and seeing the same  people do the same mistakes over and over again shows me, that you have no clue what so ever about raiding 25 man instances, or what progression raids are all about.

Haha! Mojo, do you really consider raiding being Rocket-science? It's about pressing about buttons and don't stand in the wrong area. In some cases, like in boss-fights it can of course be more advance. But that is the general scenario. In my opionion, topping dmg meters and not dying tells alot.

It really says so much about the management in TEO when you focus on someone spamming a channal in between fights (because he's just so bored about the lack of -focus) rather than taking care of the few individuals, slacking and dying and spends the other 20 raid member's precious time.

Mojorising wrote:

Raiding might be boring for you, but we are many that likes it, and who are you signing up, if all you do is chat in enigma and general.. to me, thats part of raids going bad.

Ridiculous.

Mojorising wrote:

If you see healing is assigned badly, and that we all are doing stupid mistakes over and over again, why not share your thoughts instead of just thinking "this is dull, let me do something else, earn my dkp for a wipenight, and then dont do shit untill i get my gear from guildbank".

Seriously? What the fuck are you talking about? I share my opinions in the chat. When something goes wrong, I'm suggesting how to change stuff. I cant do much more than that. And stop stating obvious thing, "this is a team game" yada yada...

Mojorising wrote:

This is a team game, and what you said about you are not unfocused in raids i can tell you we were 24 people who could prove you wrong last night.

I honostly think the other 23 (not including you plus me) judge me by how I play. Not what I'm writing in /enigma. Which is soo irreverent. (Btw, 80% of everything you state is - irreverent.)

Mojorising wrote:

As you said your self, its how you perform in raids that matters. Its not topping dmg meter or avoid to die.. Its about doing what is needed from you, so we dont keep on doing the same mistakes.

I'm a warlock damnit! That's EXCATLY what's needed from me. My job in raids is to: 1. DPS. 2. Dont Die. (3.On very few occasions, we need to do other stuff like CoT, tank something etc)

How can you possible not know this? big_smile

#23 2007-11-08 00:04:51

Talmira
Guild Member

arilia wrote:

I honostly think the other 23 (not including you plus me) judge me by how I play. Not what I'm writing in /enigma. Which is soo irreverent. (Btw, 80% of everything you state is - irreverent.)

Fact is that you where too busy writing on /enigma, to answer in raid chat. Thats not really focused is it?

"The wise question himself. The fool, the others."
"Those who fail to plan - Plan to fail"

#24 2007-11-08 00:07:46

arilia
Forum User

Talmira wrote:

arilia wrote:

Fact is that you where too busy writing on /enigma, to answer in raid chat. Thats not really focused is it?

Answer to what? yikes

Edit, This is still very off-topic. This is just something Mojo started to write since he cleary lacked arguments about the real topic.

Last edited by arilia (2007-11-08 00:11:08)

#25 2007-11-08 00:13:03

OneTwoJango
Guild Friend

YaaaaY i love drama ,
what did i miss?

Today feels like yesterday when you are sad , but first day of the rest of your life when you are happy.

Board footer